ADVERTISEMENT

Generations of greatness plans for Indiana game

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
Apparently there is a lot more to this event at the Indiana game then just the football uniform changes. The cheerleaders will also be wearing their old fashioned outfits, the video scoreboard will somehow look like flip charts, and the blue band and even the dreaded recorded music played during the game will feature music from the 50s, 60s, 70s. And the running water in the restrooms will be cold with no hot water available (oh wait, that's from 2017). Well it will be different anyway. All I really care to see is a win over the Hoosiers.

Students will be hoisting kegs up from the back row of the stadium.

Marshmallow fights.

Asphalt will be removed from the lots to the south and west of the stadium. Parking will be free.

I plan to lose twenty pounds by Saturday.

Last edited:
Old time scroll for the Big Ten Network to make it look like the ABC fonts used in the early 70's, where they just had a number and the player name after a play. Also, player intros before the game.

You would see a play, and then the replay, and just that crooked white font: "26-Saquon Barkley". That's it.

Take mic from PA guy or at least stop his penchant for doing play by play.

Mic to be replaced with a blue megaphone that says "PSC" on the side.

Head coach will roll up his pants so he does not get grass stains on them.

Everyone will sport the same hairdo they had when they were college age.

Linebackers will wear neck rolls.

The television halftime will include the updated Slippery Rock score.

Penn State will run student body right.

QB will go under center.

Pantaloons will be part of uniform.

Will the featured offense be two runs up the middle then an incomplete pass, followed by punt?

Reactions: PSUoh90
I say Blue, you say White! BLUE! WHITE!
I say Nittany, you say Lions! NITTANY! LIONS!
I say JoePa, you say Terno! JOEPA! TERNO!
I say James, you say Franklin! JAMES! FRANKLIN!

Apparently there is a lot more to this event at the Indiana game then just the football uniform changes. The cheerleaders will also be wearing their old fashioned outfits, the video scoreboard will somehow look like flip charts, and the blue band and even the dreaded recorded music played during the game will feature music from the 50s, 60s, 70s. And the running water in the restrooms will be cold with no hot water available (oh wait, that's from 2017). Well it will be different anyway. All I really care to see is a win over the Hoosiers.
Luv the hot water comment!

Reactions: EPC FAN
A running track will be placed around the perimeter of the field and you will be able to walk around the stadium. South upper endzone seats torn down so you can see Mt NITTANY again!

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
No, sorry, thats a bridge too far. NG face masks cause knee injuries.

Leather helmets

"Short yell State: STATE"

N I DOUBLE T A N Y: Nittany!
Nittany! Nittany!

Ashes to ashes,
Dust to dust
You can beat every body
but you can't beat us!

State! [reply] Store!

Last edited:
I say Blue, you say White! BLUE! WHITE!
I say Nittany, you say Lions! NITTANY! LIONS!
I say JoePa, you say Terno! JOEPA! TERNO!
I say James, you say Franklin! JAMES! FRANKLIN!
Go bananas, go go bananas
Go bananas, go go bananas
First you lean to left then you lean to the right
Then you peel your banana and you ... uhhh ... take a bite

Some cheers are difficult to forget from those student days in the early/mid 80s!

Somehow, I doubt it. But we shall see.

It will probably be "a focus on the players"....
Ever notice on ABC or ESPN when they show old highlights of Penn State games (e.g. 1982 Georgia game) and Joe's face shows up, how quickly the replay is cut? No way Barron and Company are going to allow any reference to Joe. Remember, he had very little to do with Penn State's past success or tradition. That primarily is attributable to Bill O'Brien, or so we've been told.

SHOUT IT OUT!

THE BEST NEWS EVER FOR THE WEEKEND: NO BIG 10(14) OFFICIATING CREW!

SHOUT IT OUT!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT