ADVERTISEMENT

GE Range Hood

Lol. You can’t read. I assumed getting a light bulb would be a simple task. I committed to the buyer and had a moral obligation. I had no idea GE couldn’t include or ship a light bulb. The sitch has nothing to do with the buyer or their demands. I know reading isn’t your strong suit. I also know that living up to a moral obligation is a concept you wouldn’t be able to understand. But I am surprised at your tone for a subject that has nothing to do with you
have fun with your bulbs. carry on as you were.

Lol. You can’t read. I assumed getting a light bulb would be a simple task. I committed to the buyer and had a moral obligation. I had no idea GE couldn’t include or ship a light bulb. The sitch has nothing to do with the buyer or their demands. I know reading isn’t your strong suit. I also know that living up to a moral obligation is a concept you wouldn’t be able to understand. But I am surprised at your tone for a subject that has nothing to do with you
It is a simple task if you go to the correct store.....Batteries plus Bulbs....same pricing as the big box stores but far superior availability and stock. Companies are finding ways to lessen costs.....thus GE decided to exclude the bulb....comes down to Buyer Beware!

Last edited:
GE Monogram appliances are good for high end homes. I researched them all and the so-called top name brands all have issues. Wolf Ranges and ovens are the subject of multiple class action lawsuits over the inside paint peeling. Those ovens will set you back 10 large. Thermador appliances get mixed reviews despite their high price tag. Sub Zero also has problems fighting off lawyers on warranty claims. No perfect selection out there even if budget is large.
I used to buy/sell over $4mm /year of GE. Their factory service was the envy of the industry. Parts arrive at house next or following day. Factory trained techs install. Used them at my own home several times in 20 years. My experience was top notch. Sorry your having issues. Also, On the reply to inspections, or is ok to say no to the repairs, or give them money to make on own. I understand they want you to do them but if the market is as hot shaded you are as it is here, their not walking away from their dream home over a squeaky fan or mismatched toilet handle. They are already emotionally moved in.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChandlerPearce
Obli are you General Contracting / Home building now or was this just an opportunity that presented itself?

I have no idea what you are talking about. The buyer hired their own inspector (post-sale included in the sale contract) and I've got no problem with that and that has NOTHING to do with GE and the mess they've made of our transaction.
Most people don't buy houses prior to inspection. They make offers and they have inspector come it.
You said they bought the house and then did inspection. Not the way I or most people would do

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT