ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THREAD: No. 6 Michigan at Penn State

On that 4th down play. Michigan would have run between the tackles and probably made it. We don’t even bother because the O line is that bad. And that I just can’t wrap my head around.

2 downs to get 2 yards. Run the damn ball.
Hard to have a running game when you don't even try to use it. Lee can get you 2 yards in 2 downs.

PS Please take the points when you can.

Our biggest problem as a program now is no one in their right mind would hire Franklin away...so we will have great recruiting classes where we don't develop the o line at all... And put the kids in games with terrible game plans and piss poor decisions.... And we will win 6 or 7 games in a good season. Welcome to our new reality
Yep. He ain't going anywhere. We are stuck with him and the continual losing of key games. I think with his best effort we are 10-2 any given season. Not sure we will beat O$U over the next 40 years.

Minor thing here but that was a great use of NOT calling a TO when Michigan got the first down. The play clock started but the game clock didn’t start until they placed the ball. The play clock was down to 25. That little nuance saved them 15 precious seconds if needed.
Home cooking from the time keeper

This program is not in a good place. People can point to the recruiting class for some sign of a bright future…because that’s all PSU has right now…pure hope. But Clifford, Cain, Ford, etc. were all top recruits, and they turned out mediocre. Who’s to say the same won’t happen with Allar and Singleton?

2 downs to get 2 yards. Run the damn ball.
Hard to have a running game when you don't even try to use it. Lee can get you 2 yards in 2 downs.

PS Please take the points when you can.
I’m ok with passing there but why in the world do you go empty backfield on 3rd and 2. I mean at least give the illusion you may run the ball

Reactions: maxoscar and bdgan
that fourth down play was the worst decision I have seen on a fourth down in a long time

I love you Cliff but there is no way that the 20 yard pass on 4th and 2 was your best option

Every Michigan defender was at the line of scrimmage. Two receivers were double covered and two were in press man coverage.

No one was open. It looked like a really low percentage, tough-to-judge, pure timing throw. The QB is winding up to throw while the receiver is still in contact with the DB. He has no idea how much contact is there.

With so many creative plays in the book, that call, with the game on the line, leaves me baffled.

Reactions: Jerry
People seem shocked? I don’t get it. I gave up on Franklin way back in 2014 when he refused to fire John Donovan. We have one more loss in us this season followed by a trip to Las Vegas, assuming we knock off Rutgers.

Does he ever get in his guys’ faces and personally challenge them? Doesn’t seem like it.
This is my EXACT thought. There is zero accountability on his team. Give up 7 sacks? No worries cuz you’re a good kid. Just fold your arms and say “golly gee” a$$h0L3 Franklin.

Plus they lost to USC with those guys in the Rose Bowl, that I still can't believe they lost.
That was the last game I attended. Disappointing.

It turns out to have been an early sign of what was going to happen to us again and again and again.

To be sure, there have been some bright spots in the interim. But, it so often seems like we lose as a favor to the opposing team.

Reactions: Jerry
it was a pick play, it wasn't illegal because they didn't touch our DB's but it was designed to rub people off of coverage

weird statement really

lol. If you called a pick play every time the defense ran into one another, defenses would do that on every pass play. You have to know where the other players are on the field, not just the player you are attempting to cover.

Darnold still profiting off that game.
Probably the worst PSU loss I have witnessed in person. A case study on how you fold like a cheap tent and blow a game. Let's put no pressure on the QB and play soft coverage so we can make Darnold look like Joe Montana and U$C can comeback and win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT