ADVERTISEMENT

Game day insanity Desmond pro PSU

fkkkjm

Jun 2, 2007
desmond actually pushing back on Herbstreit, Davis and pollack. The latter three are all advocating “PSU loses and they are done” narrative. This is where Herbstreit’s homerism really shines.

He will Pimp 1 loss OSU getting shellacked at home over OU from here until December

We can’t let that happen!!!!!

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
desmond actually pushing back on Herbstreit, Davis and pollack. The latter three are all advocating “PSU loses and they are done” narrative. This is where Herbstreit’s homerism really shines.

He will Pimp 1 loss OSU getting shellacked at home over OU from here until December

Yeah, I was surprised at that, too. Thought maybe my Des Closed Captioning was on the fritz.

I have not watched much of Gameday over the last couple years. Trying to watch the show this morning, but between Des talking at all and then having any 3 of them talking over each other much of the time, it is a challenge. And one I probably won't be able to overcome.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
But in a promo for Gameday early this morning, the skeevy little douche said PSU is very vulnerable, and will lose to OSU.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
But in a promo for Gameday early this morning, the skeevy little douche said PSU is very vulnerable, and will lose to OSU.
2 weeks to prepare and playing at home. Is it really a stretch to say OSU will beat PSU? As much as I hate to admit it, I think OSU wins this one. God I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Mixolydian

The funniest thing is this Clemson love. They lose at Sorryexcuse and THAT loss is supposed to be a better loss than if PSU were to lose at Tosu. It's already written in stone by these crooks. Laughable.

2 weeks to prepare and playing at home. Is it really a stretch to say OSU will beat PSU? As much as I hate to admit it, I think OSU wins this one. God I hope I'm wrong.
I know you're wrong. Our whole program, not just our offense, is built on deception. While these waterheads talk on and on about SB and TM, our defense is quietly ruining other teams.

It's a beating on the banks of whatever open industrial sewer that crick is that runs by their town. The opaloosa? The hokietango?

MARK IT DOWN.

Last edited:
I know you're wrong. Our whole program, not just our offense, if built on deception. While these waterheads talk on and on about SB and TM, our defense is quietly ruining other teams.

It's a beating on the banks of whatever open industrial sewer that crick is that runs by their town. The opaloosa? The hokietango?

MARK IT DOWN.
Here's where the receipts from the car dealerships wind up:

640px-CITY_PUMP_STATION_DISCHARGES_SEWAGE_INTO_THE_CUYAHOGA_RIVER_-_NARA_-_550206.jpg

Reactions: demlion

I feel the same way. Though I was also feeling the same last week, and thankfully I was wrong. I was hoping for a miserable,cold rain the entire game that would take away home field advantage. Doesn't look like that will happen now.

My biggest concern would be the Buckeye's being able to run. We need to gang tackle. And we need to remind Barrett he is an average QB playing a Top 5 defense. Get in his head and we've got a great shot.

He's been picking against PSU for two years now...bound to get one right at some point.

You're not. I understand the confidence of some and the hopes of many, but this will be a 35-14 loss and that is the reality. Some may dismiss my prediction just because I have been wrong on 105 consecutive picks, but this week, sadly, I will break that streak.

Reactions: Mixolydian
I know you're wrong. Our whole program, not just our offense, if built on deception. While these waterheads talk on and on about SB and TM, our defense is quietly ruining other teams.

MARK IT DOWN.

WOW Dem... You rarely get this fired up. I love it. I hope you're correct. I'm still very grateful of the game turning into a FG battle

OSU is overrated. They haven't beaten anyone. Their best win this year is against Army. Flat out, we're a better team and we're battle-tested. Why some here refuse to accept this, I don't understand. There are years where where I would be right there with you, but this isn't one of OSU's better squads.

Unless Barrett throws the ball better than he ever has in his life or our OLBs and Allen play uncharacteristically bad football, we're in fine shape.

Reactions: Gnat91
Watching game day and I admit I haven't been keeping track. Has Brian Kelly been responsible for any student deaths at ND yet this year?

22814250_10155880245509283_9124472711337713725_n.jpg

Reactions: johnmpsu

I hope you are wrong, too, but I am getting "bad vibes" the closer game time gets. My big fears are that PSU tries to do too much (and makes mistakes) and that OSU gets their running game going big time and wears down the PSU D.

A big difference I see is that Meyer is normally a very conservative coach in big games, whereas Franklin has shown more willingness to roll the dice. I think the weather plays into OSU's game plan as well.

Win or lose, so far this has been one heck of a ride with this PSU team. Gotta love 'em!

Reactions: paws1957
OSU is overrated. They haven't beaten anyone. Their best win this year is against Army. Flat out, we're a better team and we're battle-tested. Why some here refuse to accept this, I don't understand. There are years where where I would be right there with you, but this isn't one of OSU's better squads.

Unless Barrett throws the ball better than he ever has in his life or our OLBs and Allen play uncharacteristically bad football, we're in fine shape.

I'll add, this team knows how to score when they have to. They've been getting better and better since last year's Michigan game. The way this team is playing I believe... right now...they could go toe to toe with Bama. Ohio State is just another speed bump on the path to that game.

Talking Head A: "PSU will DOMINATE." Getting PSU fans excited.

Talking Head B: "No way talking head A, OSU is going to own them!" Getting OSU fans excited.

Talking Head A to Talking Head B off microphone: "Can you believe these idiots actually think we are doing anything other than trying to get ratings?"

Seems like our D is getting no respect. Hope these guys roll, and Jacky Nicklaus cries tonight.

I say the same thing to my fellow OSU fans when they think a victory is a done deal, there are no definitives. Maybe OSU hasn’t beaten any championship contenders this year, but they have beaten the lesser teams the way they are supposed to beat lesser teams. I would consider OSU as battle-tested. They may have lost to Oklahoma, but that was also a big learning experience that cause the coaches to adjust how the team plays; evidenced by their current run.

How do we know that this isn’t one of OSU’s better squads? It is in terms of recruited talent. It is in terms of offensive play the last 5 weeks. We didn’t know the 2014 OSU team would be one of the better Buckeye teams 6 games into the season. I don’t think we knew that the PSU team would be one of the best teams in many years right before the kickoff against OSU last season. Teams change for the positive and negative as the season progresses.

The thing about Barrett’s game, is that he has led his teams to big victories without great passing. Right now he is passing better than he ever has in his career.

Having said all that, I do believe that the N. Lions “should” be the favorite. But it’s not definitive.

The thing about Barrett’s game, is that he has led his teams to big victories without great passing. Right now he is passing better than he ever has in his career.
Actually, the "whole thing about Barrett's game" is his inability to throw the ball down the field. 3/4's of his passing yards are probably after the catch. When he DOES want to throw it downfield, he gets sacked because of slow developing routes and slow decision making.

I say the same thing to my fellow OSU fans when they think a victory is a done deal, there are no definitives. Maybe OSU hasn’t beaten any championship contenders this year, but they have beaten the lesser teams the way they are supposed to beat lesser teams. I would consider OSU as battle-tested. They may have lost to Oklahoma, but that was also a big learning experience that cause the coaches to adjust how the team plays; evidenced by their current run.

How do we know that this isn’t one of OSU’s better squads? It is in terms of recruited talent. It is in terms of offensive play the last 5 weeks. We didn’t know the 2014 OSU team would be one of the better Buckeye teams 6 games into the season. I don’t think we knew that the PSU team would be one of the best teams in many years right before the kickoff against OSU last season. Teams change for the positive and negative as the season progresses.

Having said all that, I do believe that the N. Lions “should” be the favorite. But it’s not definitive.

This is a really good summary of how I feel. My head says that OSU has all the tools to win (recruiting, coaches, and home field), but my heart says PSU has the intangibles (excellent leadership, cold wet home fans, 3:30, blackout looks bad, bye week as they were peaking). For one of the few times in my life, I have absolutely no idea how this game goes.

Bring Ernie Els a 12 pack of Heinekens and he's your friend for life. Much better company despite his taste in beers.

Aren't Els, Trevino, and Nicklaus all tremendous people? Seriously - those are (as far as I know) three quality individuals.

Aren't Els, Trevino, and Nicklaus all tremendous people? Seriously - those are (as far as I know) three quality individuals.
Trevino is sort of aloof. He had a place on Jupiter Island for years and no one ever saw him, so I don't know. Jack is great w/ the media and does a lot of great charity work w/ Barbara. He isn't very personable in private at all. Ernie is like you or me. He doesn't look through you when you talk to him, and listens to what you say. He's also the most charitable guy (along w/ Rickie) in the county imo.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I know you're wrong. Our whole program, not just our offense, is built on deception. While these waterheads talk on and on about SB and TM, our defense is quietly ruining other teams.

MARK IT DOWN.

For the record, the river is called the “Odorputangy”

Sneezy The Penn State Squirrel
2 hrs ·
Penn State squirrels eat Buckeyes for breakfast!

Did you know? Although buckeye nuts are toxic to all other animals (including humans), squirrels are the only animal capable of eating them without getting sick!

22788840_1735588056483816_7820052908442709040_n.jpg

Trevino is sort of aloof. He had a place on Jupiter Island for years and no one ever saw him, so I don't know. Jack is great w/ the media and does a lot of great charity work w/ Barbara. He isn't very personable in private at all. Ernie is like you or me. He doesn't look through you when you talk to him, and listens to what you say. He's also the most charitable guy (along w/ Rickie) in the county imo.

Have heard from several who have met Trevino just what you stated. He is aloof and does have a quick temper. Several people said he does not like to be bothered in public and can be a jerk if you approach him. But catch him in the right mood and he is the best story teller out there. 1 friend caught him at a bar after a few drinks and said he was hilarious but evidently not often. Mt Nittany can comment but 1 of the best guys to hang with I have heard is Miguel Angel Jimenez...
Guy is hilarious and loves to drink good
Scotch and a nice cigar after every round. Will
Hang out and talk hours with anyone especially if you drink scotch and smoke a fine cigar with him

Have heard from several who have met Trevino just what you stated. He is aloof and does have a quick temper. Several people said he does not like to be bothered in public and can be a jerk if you approach him. But catch him in the right mood and he is the best story teller out there. 1 friend caught him at a bar after a few drinks and said he was hilarious but evidently not often. Mt Nittany can comment but 1 of the best guys to hang with I have heard is Miguel Angel Jimenez...
Guy is hilarious and loves to drink good
Scotch and a nice cigar after every round. Will
Hang out and talk hours with anyone especially if you drink scotch and smoke a fine cigar with him
Fowler is in awe of the Mechanic. Was telling stories at Burger Bar one night and said he (Rickie) was on the range at the British one year after a round and Jimenez walked by w/ a cigar and a bottle of wine and said "Keep at it boys."....then Fowler realized he was behind him on the leader board.

Reactions: bwifan

Again, these guys discuss before they are on TV what their positions will be and then advocate that position. In many cases their position is told to them, not a choice made by them.

They don't give a heck about said position in many cases.

LdN

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT