ADVERTISEMENT

Game by game predictions

And michigan being overrated by lazy writers continues. All of their 4 writers pick us to lose at michigan but none pick us to lose against mich st.

IMO coming off the OSU game, with MSU bringing back so many guys, it's much more likely we have a chance to lose that game. Michigan's new qb has not shown he can win against the top teams, plus we absolutely destroyed both vaunted D's we faced last year in michigan and washington. By the time the michigan game rolls around our defense will have grown up and Franklin will still have a chip on his shoulder from the last time we went into the big house.

The picture to that article looks like the end of the 2015 season when JF took over playcalling (unofficially) from Donovan.

JamesFranklin_2015_300.jpg

I'm more worried about Wisconsin than Michigan.

This Penn State squad could run the table, or it could play like it did in the 4th quarter against Darnold, Barrett, and Lewerke and get shredded to 9-3. I think the over-under at 9.5 is about right, and I would take the over.

They're split on Wisconsin and shitstorm U. Outright losing to Michigan . So anywhere from 9-3 to 11-1. I'm thinking closer to 11-1.

IMO they underestimate MSU. That bye week after OSU is huge because MSU could easily be 5-0 coming in and Lewerke is the real deal. You can flip the surety of their predictions on Meat and Wisky. I'm not sure our defensive interior can slow down Wisky's running game. I have flashes of the 2016 Big Ten championship game where they ran all over us, only our offense isn't explosive enough to bail us out. Indiana on the road is worrisome, too. I say 9-3 with losses to Meat, Wisky and someone we shouldn't lose to. Perhaps Indiana. Perhaps Illinois because it's a Friday night game on the road. On the other hand, lose to OSU and all bets are off. 8-4 would be a disappointing season and will impact recruiting. This is the year we find out if we are a program that reloads or rebuilds.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
I'm trying to grasp a writer believing we will beat osu and msu back to back... but lose at michigan. [imo, if we're strong enough to run the schedule up to the michigan game, we'll come out of AA still undefeated. Big if in there...] That said, michigan having an extra week to prep will have an imnpact on the outcome.

I'm trying to grasp a writer believing we will beat osu and msu back to back... but lose at michigan. [imo, if we're strong enough to run the schedule up to the michigan game, we'll come out of AA still undefeated. Big if in there...] That said, michigan having an extra week to prep will have an imnpact on the outcome.

team feels like a 2 or 3 loss team at this point - so consistent with last two years. small odds of either 1 loss or 4 loss team. the first 4 games will tell us alot re where we are. we are supposed to march through that group relatively easy, and provide playing time to second/third unit players. if these games are highly contested this could be a 4 loss or even a 5 loss team. Phil Steele has MSU. UM, tOSU, Wisky and Iowa as tough games. If we go 9-3 in regular season and win bowl game - nothing wrong with that in a reloading year.

Reactions: ftlpsu and N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT