ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW: For those who are interested in the officiating kerfuffle

Interesting set up the zebras have going. Basically they are the only profession where they can F*** up and then actually take money from people who call them out for said F*** up. Even the weatherman has to take criticism!

And that is why Franklin keeps his mouth shut - although I would imagine the employer pays the freight, and not necessarily the employee.

So $$$ is more important than saying what is right.

When did Lebron James become head coach?

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...2/big-12-fines-texas-tech-ad-officiating-talk

$25,000 ain't dick.... relative to what is spent on these empty suit douchebags (ADs), but I though some might be interested in the fallout from a similar situation in the B12.

(This will get Gunsie…. or Mac.... or whatever the present incarnation is.... all riled up :) )

I like that the ex-Chancellor is raising money to offset the fine. Good for him. The statement the AD issued is not fine-worthy in a 'normal' view, imo. The rules are written to eliminate any talk about anything, it seems. I understand protecting the officials, but this is way extreme.

But, as the late, great George Carlin once said about organizational bureaucracy... "There's no reason for it; it's just our policy."

So $$$ is more important than saying what is right.

When did Lebron James become head coach?

It never ceases to fascinate me that people on this board, supposed intelligent, college educated adults, have absolutely no idea how organizational structures operate, professional rules of engagement, managing a process, or addressing issues within the context of organizational hierarchy.

But hey - have at it. You think it's all just like a 5th grade fight at recess.

edit- When I say "you", I mean the proverbial "you" and not LoyalandTrueLion specifically. So, don't take it personally.

Reactions: JR4PSU and Nitwit
I like that the ex-Chancellor is raising money to offset the fine. Good for him. The statement the AD issued is not fine-worthy in a 'normal' view, imo. The rules are written to eliminate any talk about anything, it seems. I understand protecting the officials, but this is way extreme.

But, as the late, great George Carlin once said about organizational bureaucracy... "There's no reason for it; it's just our policy."

Don't think there are written rules here, just Bob Bowlsby being Bob Bowlsby. If Hocutt told him to go fvck himself, Bowlsby probably would, or at least he'd give it a big-boy try.

select-bobs.png

Reactions: Bob78
It never ceases to fascinate me that people on this board, supposed intelligent, college educated adults, have absolutely no idea how organizational structures operate, professional rules of engagement, managing a process, or addressing issues within the context of organizational hierarchy.

edit- When I say "you", I mean the proverbial "you" and not LoyalandTrueLion specifically. So, don't take it personally.

Im being sarcastic smiley face emoji wouldnt work! In case anyone wonders

Spent my entire career dealing with such. Know it well, doesn't mean I have to like it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT