Funny tweet from a Marine re: Million Student March

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
I wanted money for school, so I marched too... #millionstudentmarch This one was about 25 miles... #USMC

CTpXuCaVEAALN7d.jpg

Reactions: SR108

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Are all service men suckers? Oops, "poor suckers"...

To a certain degree yes. For the most part these are 18 year old kids who have no idea what they are signing up for.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
To a certain degree yes. For the most part these are 18 year old kids who have no idea what they are signing up for.

I'm sure their families will appreciate your comment. This is precisely why smarmy liberals will always be unpopular.

thecoolestfish

Nov 1, 2005

Dude! While there certainly is some level of merit in what you're saying here,
1) Never generically criticize our service men and women. Suckers or not, we need them and should not criticize them. Even if we disagree with the DOD's and/or administrations' decisions, hey offer to put themselves in war zones for us.
2) please do not tell me you support this idiotic 'free' education crap that which Bernie is using to pander to the slacker entitled millenials.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
1) Never generically criticize our service men and women. Suckers or not, we need them and should not criticize them. Even if we disagree with the DOD's and/or administrations' decisions, hey offer to put themselves in war zones for us.
2) please do not tell me you support this idiotic 'free' education crap that which Bernie is using to pander to the slacker entitled millenials.

Your party has been hijacked Fish........ Call it the Bernie Sanders effect, and it appears that Hillary is on the bus too......

NJPSU

May 29, 2001

Totally disagree with your #1. What's worse, trying to save a 18 year old from ruining their life by referring to them as a sucker or patting them on the back and sending them off to hell in the Middle East for no reason.

If there was a legitimate war or cause they were fighting for I might agree with you and quite frankly I'm not advocating anyone walk up to a soldier already enlisted and calling him a sucker. That would be rude and pointless.

kts136

Nov 21, 2013
Totally disagree with your #1. What's worse, trying to save a 18 year old from ruining their life by referring to them as a sucker or patting them on the back and sending them off to hell in the Middle East for no reason.

If there was a legitimate war or cause they were fighting for I might agree with you and quite frankly I'm not advocating anyone walk up to a soldier already enlisted and calling him a sucker. That would be rude and pointless.

We're what? 2 days removed from Veteran's day?

Classy.

thecoolestfish

Nov 1, 2005

The thing is, it's really tough to get people - even "suckers" - to enlist after a "legitimate war" breaks out. That is why we need people who are willing to take the risk to sign up now, and be prepared for such a case. If we didn't have them volunteering, then your relatives are going to get drafted when that war breaks out.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
We're what? 2 days removed from Veteran's day?

Classy.

You voted for a guy that started a pointless War that killed thousands of veterans. Classy!

But hey you love the troops, right?

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
The thing is, it's really tough to get people - even "suckers" - to enlist after a "legitimate war" breaks out. That is why we need people who are willing to take the risk to sign up now, and be prepared for such a case. If we didn't have them volunteering, then your relatives are going to get drafted when that war breaks out.

That's fine and I'm pretty sure my post read by 20 people will have zero impact on our enrollment levels.

kts136

Nov 21, 2013
You voted for a guy that started a pointless War that killed thousands of veterans. Classy!

But hey you love the troops, right?

I did? When would that have been?

The first time he was up for election and I was too young to vote or the second time, when I was in college and too distracted (drunk?) to bother to vote?

At least on the second point you inferred correctly, I do love the troops.