ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Fact - Penn State ranks 4th all time with sending players to NFL

zubrus1

Dec 10, 2016
Although Bama may pass us in the next few years.

College/Univ Players # Active
Notre Dame 582 37
USC 524 39
Ohio State 481 54
Penn State 397 35
Michigan 395 36
Nebraska 374 25
Oklahoma 374 35
Alabama 371 61
Miami (FL) 369 48

Reactions: mn78psu83

Notre Dame 582 37
USC 524 39
Ohio State 481 54
Penn State 397 35
Michigan 395 36
Nebraska 374 25
Oklahoma 374 35
Alabama 371 61
Miami (FL) 369 48

Bama will not pass us in the next few years. BTW, how many SUC teams are on that list?

Bama will not pass us in the next few years. BTW, how many SUC teams are on that list?

Ok, the last 2 years, they have sent 27 to NFL rosters, we have sent 15. Within the next decade they will have passed us, maybe the next 5 years.

You compare the two years when our seniors were part of the BS NCAA sanction class to come to your conclusion..... statistically irrational. Zubrus... you an SEC grad? lol

Well, according to 247 recruiting rankings, they have recruited better than us the last 5 years with 2 number one classes. This is of course over one of our best 4 year stretches in school history with 2 NY6 bowl victories and almost a 3rd.

So statistically speaking, they continue to bring "better" players into their program, so one could posit more of them will make it to the NFL.

Well, according to 247 recruiting rankings, they have recruited better than us the last 5 years with 2 number one classes. This is of course over one of our best 4 year stretches in school history with 2 NY6 bowl victories and almost a 3rd.

So statistically speaking, they continue to bring "better" players into their program, so one could posit more of them will make it to the NFL.

Ya.... they didn't recruit lowly 3 stars like Journey Brown. How pathetic. As I said, we will talk reality in 2 years

Notre Dame 582 37
USC 524 39
Ohio State 481 54
Penn State 397 35
Michigan 395 36
Nebraska 374 25
Oklahoma 374 35
Alabama 371 61
Miami (FL) 369 48
Hey @zubrus1, yesterday I believe it was you who responded to another poster about your source? You listed the source, but it had since been deleted.

I’m having a hard time finding it. Can you post the website source again? Thanks

Congrats.

PSU is good at getting players that produce in the NFL.

Imagine if PSU was good at getting players that could produce at the college level, like a lot of those on that list.

Give me a team of NFL busts that win college titles. I'll take that any day over having to crow about what could have been. Just goes to show how good you are at wasting talent.

F the NFL. What the hell has the NFL done to help CFB other than screw it up? If a program is producing NFL talent without shit to show for it then it is the definition of a football factory.

Last edited:
The number active players for OSU and Bama really stand out in that list. How do they do it?
The number of Alabama and OSU players currently in the NFL makes sense but the one that really surprises me is Miami's. Talk about under-achieving

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT