ADVERTISEMENT

From Joe Starkey of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Psugo823

Aug 17, 2021
"Not long ago, it appeared that Penn State had lapped Pitt as a program. That is no longer the case. James Franklin is 11-10 in his past 21 games against major college competition and 8-9 in the Big Ten over the past two seasons.

You might want to get your own house in order, sir. I don’t have a dog in this fight, but just because 100,000-plus show up to games doesn’t mean your program is nationally relevant. Penn State and Franklin are sliding badly."

Boom. Eat that Franklin Worshippers.

"Not long ago, it appeared that Penn State had lapped Pitt as a program. That is no longer the case. James Franklin is 11-10 in his past 21 games against major college competition and 8-9 in the Big Ten over the past two seasons.

You might want to get your own house in order, sir. I don’t have a dog in this fight, but just because 100,000-plus show up to games doesn’t mean your program is nationally relevant. Penn State and Franklin are sliding badly."

823 is an unhappy little boy today:)

You can find similar articles from the past the few times Pitt happened to have a better season than Penn State. They're always quick to measure program strength by season, when the metrics work in their favor. Most rational people realize you measure program strength by decade. Pitt's having a nice season with a very experienced QB playing a super soft schedule. And still they've managed to lose 2 home games, including 1 to a team that was beaten soundly by a team that we whipped. This is probably the high-water mark for Pitt for the foreseeable future.

He is just ticked off that he didn't get a million dollar raise for failing at his job like Franklin.

Reactions: Psugo823
He is just ticked off that he didn't get a million dollar raise for failing at his job like Franklin.
Photo of both Wallace and 823 has been found

boogers-funny.gif

I speak for majority here GFY

Pitt has 13 Super Seniors, 13 5th year Seniors, and 1 Senior. They will go back to mediocrity next season.

Here's an idea - give up Penn State and start rooting for Pitt. I mean, you barely want to see Penn State win anyhow so it's not much of a stretch.

I am sure you realize this, but the OP thrives off people responding to his posts. Maybe even a site plant to drum up the number of posts? The simple answer is to ignore them and not reply. The posts will get more and more desperate. You are not winning any arguments or changing the theme of his posts by replying, even with facts.

I am sure you realize this, but the OP thrives off people responding to his posts. Maybe even a site plant to drum up the number of posts? The simple answer is to ignore them and not reply. The posts will get more and more desperate. You are not winning any arguments or changing the theme of his posts by replying, even with facts.
^^^this^^^^ Asshat must be a blast at parties!

Do people realize how difficult the PSU schedule is this year? If Pitt played our schedule, they would have lost four or five games.
Do we drop games with Iowa or Illinois with a healthy Clifford? I don't think so.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Nardouchi to recruits: "Get on-board the Pitt bus now, its rollin"

Recruits: "Oh sh&t, I thought you meant figuratively. Man where is this place?"
bdsc_0046.jpg

Reactions: joeaubie21
Forget Pitt, Clemson and ND would be middle of the road teams in the B1G.

You can find similar articles from the past the few times Pitt happened to have a better season than Penn State.
It happens so rarely that they have to quickly publish those articles or they'd miss their opportunity. They can do whatever they want, I don't really care about Pitt at all. I never want to see a protected rivalry game with them and they are irrelevant in terms of being a measuring stick for PSU's success.

Reactions: odshowtime
Coming into this season, since the time CJF has been the head coach at PSU

PSU - 60 wins
Pitt - 48 wins.

With PSU in a much more competitive conference/division. ACC Coastal is pretty consistently the weakest division among Power 5 conferences while the Big Ten East is at worse the 2nd toughest.

Do people realize how difficult the PSU schedule is this year? If Pitt played our schedule, they would have lost four or five games.
Do we drop games with Iowa or Illinois with a healthy Clifford? I don't think so.
Four or five? They would be lucky to win 2.

With PSU in a much more competitive conference/division. ACC Coastal is pretty consistently the weakest division among Power 5 conferences while the Big Ten East is at worse the 2nd toughest.
Right up mbe34 s butt.

Lol not happy about the extension but Starkey is a clown. Pitt would be MD at best in the big ten.
They don’t recruit well enough to be Maryland. They are having their one above average season a decade with an 8th year senior at QB. Being Pitt they will parley it into nothing. At least it will be fun to watch their fans get their hopes up.

• Haha
Reactions: HailToPitt725
He must be right because after every big head coach job opening - the "duzz's" name is the first one that comes up;)

The real question is what would Pitt's record be if they played PSU's schedule?

Yea, they are having a good year for a couple of reason's.

One being they have a 5th QB who had developed into a good Pro prospect.

Two, they play a truly weak schedule.

Three, they basically struck lightening in 2021.

Next year they will be back to normal and as always a weak, weak schedule.

Where PSU had to deal with Iowa, OSU, Wisky, MSU on the road, Auburn & Michigan at home.

Who in the whole fn country had a tougher schedule than that???

Pitt played a ton of softies, including a lousy Clemson team. What would PSU's record be if they played all those softies??

The real question is what would Pitt's record be if they played PSU's schedule?

Yea, they are having a good year for a couple of reason's.

One being they have a 5th QB who had developed into a good Pro prospect.

Two, they play a truly weak schedule.

Three, they basically struck lightening in 2021.

Next year they will be back to normal and as always a weak, weak schedule.

Where PSU had to deal with Iowa, OSU, Wisky, MSU on the road, Auburn & Michigan at home.

Who in the whole fn country had a tougher schedule than that???

Pitt played a ton of softies, including a lousy Clemson team. What would PSU's record be if they played all those softies??
They would have beaten Illinois.

End of argument.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT