ADVERTISEMENT

From CBS: ...Things to remember as we transition into the 2018 off season

olelion

Jun 10, 2001
Tarpon Springs Fl
2. Trace McSorley will be the 2018 Heisman Trophy front-runner: Odds will change throughout the offseason, but when the dust settles and it's time for toe to meet leather for the 2018 football season, the Penn State quarterback will -- and should be -- the Heisman Trophy front-runner. The last time we saw the electric dual-threat quarterback for the Nittany Lions, he was an astonishing 12 for 12 on third-down passes -- 10 of which moved the chains -- in a 35-28 victory over Washington in the Fiesta Bowl. He's fearless, electric and now the biggest show in town for a Penn State program that should be in the College Football Playoff mix even without star running back Saquon Barkley.

2. Trace McSorley will be the 2018 Heisman Trophy front-runner: Odds will change throughout the offseason, but when the dust settles and it's time for toe to meet leather for the 2018 football season, the Penn State quarterback will -- and should be -- the Heisman Trophy front-runner. The last time we saw the electric dual-threat quarterback for the Nittany Lions, he was an astonishing 12 for 12 on third-down passes -- 10 of which moved the chains -- in a 35-28 victory over Washington in the Fiesta Bowl. He's fearless, electric and now the biggest show in town for a Penn State program that should be in the College Football Playoff mix even without star running back Saquon Barkley.

Link? it appears you pasted "#2" what else did they have to say?

If McSorley has preseason hype and we win 10 games he will probably get the Heisman.

Hopefully Franklin will realize that he needs to make sure the players are ignoring this award. It is a distraction

If McSorley has preseason hype and we win 10 games he will probably get the Heisman.

I highly doubt that. Unfortunately, the Heisman voters are sheep and will only follow the hype train. He will have to perform flawlessly throughout the season. You saw how quickly people jumped off the Barkley bandwagon after he had a couple of subpar games. Add in a loss or two, and he wasn't even invited to New York.

I would love to see him win it, but I know it will be a long shot.

I highly doubt that. Unfortunately, the Heisman voters are sheep and will only follow the hype train. He will have to perform flawlessly throughout the season. You saw how quickly people jumped off the Barkley bandwagon after he had a couple of subpar games. Add in a loss or two, and he wasn't even invited to New York.

I would love to see him win it, but I know it will be a long shot.

Dont you think it's better than a longshot? He is already being hyped and will likely play well given his experience and an improved (hopefully) offensive line. Unlike with Barkley, he'll touch it on every snap making his odds better than Barkleys. I'm not confident he'll win it but hell be in the hunt all year

It's much harder to sell out to shut down a quarterback than it is to do the same for a running back

Its a stat game
If he doesn't have the stats he won't win. If he can get near 4000 passing yards, 30+ tds and at least 500 rushing yards he should win.

Its a stat game
If he doesn't have the stats he won't win. If he can get near 4000 passing yards, 30+ tds and at least 500 rushing yards he should win.

It'd be nice if he could play 9 games against Big XII teams to pad his stats, but unfortunately the Big Ten does play some semblance of defense for the most part. Keeping pace stat-wise against players from other conferences will be the biggest hurdle to the Heisman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT