ADVERTISEMENT

FRL 10/17

pish69

Jan 11, 2016
NJ--The Shore
Just about pissed my pants listening to show on drive to work. CP and Bratke had Willie on tilt all show starting with 125 predictions and ending with Willie walking off enraged after mental toughness discussion.

CP is an assasin on that show. Basically anytime Willie says even the slightest thing that doesn’t make sense, CP kills him with it and doesn’t let it go. Willie can never admit he’s wrong and it goes crazy.

Love it! Keep up the great work/entertainment !

Give it a listen when you have time. Funny as hell

I take Willie in a fist fight..I call knock out rd 2. In a verbal spar..it's not close..CP ko rd 1
Yeah, CP verbally abuses Willie. In a fist fight though, I think CP lacks that killer instinct while Willie seems to have a street fighter mentality. Like I said though, Willie needs to make quick work of him because he certainly doesn't seem to be in fightin shape. If he lets CP hang around long enough then I see CP peppering him with quick jabs and an uppercut here or there. I could also see him him apologizing to Willie after connecting on each and every one....

Reactions: Afw6006 and pish69
Yeah, CP verbally abuses Willie. In a fist fight though, I think CP lacks that killer instinct while Willie seems to have a street fighter mentality. Like I said though, Willie needs to make quick work of him because he certainly doesn't seem to be in fightin shape. If he lets CP hang around then I could see CP peppering him with quick jabs and an uppercut here or there. I could also see him him apologizing to Willie after connecting on each and every one....

Are you saying he lacks mental toughness? I heard somewhere you can watch a person and measure this easily.

#Icameheretodo2things

Reactions: pish69
Are you saying he lacks mental toughness? I heard somewhere you can watch a person and measure this easily.

#Icameheretodo2things
Lol. Not mental toughness per se. CP seems like the type that someone could do him wrong in the worst way... get even... then feel bad about it and beat himself up over it. Ok...yeah... maybe that is lacking mental toughness. Lol

there was so much yelling in the last episode. it hurt my head

Yeah, it got loud.

Some constructive criticism for the Flo boys..Willie's mic goes in an out in almost every show..I can't tell if it's a faulty mic, Willie whispering or Willie too far from the mic. CP is always clear..would be nice to have Nomad and Bratke mic'd up as well..many times it's hard to hear them

Sorry, they look like best buds to me...

12193660_10204017333748650_6506514364786740622_n.jpg

Last edited:
It was my favorite show ever. I made my wife watch those parts with Smalls having his meltdowns and she was even laughing. Pyles was putting him in his place looking all pissed. The whole thing with Suriano vs Cruz was hilarious! Then to top it off the ending on mental toughness was out of control. Willie was getting it from all 3 of them. Lol. Very entertaining show.

But if it were a real fight, man I’d take Willie easy. CP holds his nose when he jumps in water! Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

It was my favorite show ever. I made my wife watch those parts with Smalls having his meltdowns and she was even laughing. Pyles was putting him in his place looking all pissed. The whole thing with Suriano vs Cruz was hilarious! Then to top it off the ending on mental toughness was out of control. Willie was getting it from all 3 of them. Lol. Very entertaining show.

But if it were a real fight, man I’d take Willie easy. CP holds his nose when he jumps in water! Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

Sounds like a question for the next FRL.

Damn..I was listening to podcast in my car..from your description..I have to watch it tonight

P.S--Willie..I know you're lurking. Be honest..I know you and CP are boys, but how close were you to dropping him with a left hook yesterday?

Reactions: James Toney
Just listened. Wow Willie is a positive member of the wrestling and he needs to reign it in. There is a difference between being authentic and being unstable.
Mental toughness
Technique
Conditioning
Strength
The X factor seems to be the kids spiritual dimension does he have a positive healthy perspective

Yeah, I think along those lines, I see mental toughness coming in different colors. Willie and CP referred to iMar's "supernatural" mental toughness. Did anyone catch his pre NCAA finals interview? He said something about not letting anything into his mind during a match. Strong-willed singular focus, a high-tensile cable holding the demons at bay. Admittedly, he's probably one of the best at that approach.

But contrast it with our favorite word F**. DT Leaps high in the air before a match. Cenzo ambles to the center. Jason lovingly respects his ankle bands. Instead of shutting everything out, I'd argue these guys let everything wash over them. I think the problem w/ the iMar approach is what happens when doubt seeps in? The whole thing falls apart. We've seen the guy "break" twice. It seems the F** approach is possibly more resilient.

Granted, I've never wrestled competitively, so I don't know jack. Just a life-long fan....

Reactions: diggerpup
Yeah, I think along those lines, I see mental toughness coming in different colors. Willie and CP referred to iMar's "supernatural" mental toughness. Did anyone catch his pre NCAA finals interview? He said something about not letting anything into his mind during a match. Strong-willed singular focus, a high-tensile cable holding the demons at bay. Admittedly, he's probably one of the best at that approach.

But contrast it with our favorite word F**. DT Leaps high in the air before a match. Cenzo ambles to the center. Jason lovingly respects his ankle bands. Instead of shutting everything out, I'd argue these guys let everything wash over them. I think the problem w/ the iMar approach is what happens when doubt seeps in? The whole thing falls apart. We've seen the guy "break" twice. It seems the F** approach is possibly more resilient.

Granted, I've never wrestled competitively, so I don't know jack. Just a life-long fan....
That's actually a great distinction. Trying to hold everything at bay versus embracing the moment.

Reactions: nerfstate
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT