ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin

He just deafeated tbe NFL’s best team…on the road…and easily…with part of a QB that was bagging groceries last week. Does that count for anything. Or the fact that he was hired as an NFL coach…but would the league know about being a good coach?

He won a game as a 6 point underdog. Amazing. Upset of the century. Canton material. We were 5.5 point dogs against Wisconsin and won.

He also managed to lose 3 straight to teams with losing records. Two of those games at home. What do those count for?

NFL to College is apples to oranges both ways.

Last edited:
and the blathering on the internet today doesn’t change anything either.

With the class coming in, potential for Clifford to be back, and Franklins ability to plug holes with the portal (outside of backup QBs) I don’t see why next year is doom and gloom at this point.

auburn will be breaking in a new starting qb. OSU will be OSU but it’s home during a white out early in the season. Michigan in the big house will be tough but Harbaugh is inconsistent season to season,the cross over games are all manageable on paper. We won’t be top 5 so Purdue isn’t a threat :).

If we bring in a new coach, lose most of the recruiting class including Allar, don’t bring Clifford back it’ll most certainly be ugly. And everyone here can get back to ripping the staff.
Auburn, O$U and scUM are all losses next season. Book it Dano! Plus our fearless leader is good for at least one other loss that is either a toss up game or that we are favored in. I can absolutely see us losing to Purdon't. So we are easily staring at 8-4 and a good possibility we are worse than that for next year. This is the program we have, need to deal with reality. The excuse next year will be but we needed to start a Freshman QB. Then in 2023 it will be that we didn't have nice enough couches in the players lounge. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Reactions: christoph
Auburn, O$U and scUM are all losses next season. Book it Dano! Plus our fearless leader is good for at least one other loss that is either a toss up game or that we are favored in. I can absolutely see us losing to Purdon't. So we are easily staring at 8-4 and a good possibility we are worse than that for next year. This is the program we have, need to deal with reality. The excuse next year will be but we needed to start a Freshman QB. Then in 2023 it will be that we didn't have nice enough couches in the players lounge. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Michigan is going to be good for the forceable future. The program appears to be rebuilt. Harbaugh somehow got it done

Never, ever, ever will I understand the mentality of supposed fans of a team boasting about and almost wishing for that team to lose games almost a year away. I don't understand where that mentality comes from. And frankly, I don't want to understand it. How miserable must your life be that you're a supposed Penn State fan on a Penn State fan message board in the middle of a work day just bragging about how badly Penn State is going to perform next year. Sorry, but the only word I can think of for someone like that is loser. A huge loser.

Why is Rhule’s ceiling higher than Franklin’s? What was Rhule’s highest ranked team? What was his highest ranked recruiting class?
Never, ever, ever will I understand the mentality of supposed fans of a team boasting about and almost wishing for that team to lose games almost a year away. I don't understand where that mentality comes from. And frankly, I don't want to understand it. How miserable must your life be that you're a supposed Penn State fan on a Penn State fan message board in the middle of a work day just bragging about how badly Penn State is going to perform next year. Sorry, but the only word I can think of for someone like that is loser. A huge loser.
Some “fans” like to show how smart they are by pointing out all the negatives.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Some of it is frustration, borne of watching Franklin's poor game management.

I think the premise is wrong, but once you accept the premise (that Franklin is bad, and will never be good, and that we can do better), then it is actually completely logical to root for him to lose so he can be replaced.

I'm not sure that's the best idea, but the logic is sound.

Question is: Is the premise correct?

Michigan is going to be good for the forceable future. The program appears to be rebuilt. Harbaugh somehow got it done
One season does not a rebuild make. They won two games last year.

I think the premise is wrong, but once you accept the premise (that Franklin is bad, and will never be good, and that we can do better), then it is actually completely logical to root for him to lose so he can be replaced.

Question is: Is the premise correct?

Michigan should have listened to it’s fringe lunatics and fired harbaugh after last season

Question is: Is the premise corcorrect?
I don't think any good can come from actively rooting against your team. Plus, it makes you look like a fool.

And I'd take a close look at Texas and Florida State and Miami and Nebraska just to name a few blue bloods who can't win with any regularity when you think "can we do better?" Maybe we can, but we can also do a whole lot worse. Heck, even Michigan. Yeah they just beat us but even with their dream Michigan-man head coach they haven't come close to being a top team consistently under Harbaugh. Let's see what happens against the Buckeyes in a few weeks. My point being it's not easy to build a consistent big-time winner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT