ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin Recruiting Tonight

MD_Gene

Sep 5, 2013
Browsing the TV channels this evening and saw the Lancaster Catholic versus Camp Hill football game was on. James Frankilin is there. He has been there since this afternoon from what I gathered. A different approach then JoePa but he is a very good recruiter. On top of executing on game day.

Anyone else see this?

Browsing the TV channels this evening and saw the Lancaster Catholic versus Camp Hill football game was on. James Frankilin is there. He has been there since this afternoon from what I gathered. A different approach then JoePa but he is a very good recruiter. On top of executing on game day.

Anyone else see this?

I saw him at the Cumberland Valley vs Coatesville game in the 2nd quarter. I guess he zipped down the Carlisle Pike between the 2 games.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I saw him at the Cumberland Valley vs Coatesville game in the 2nd quarter. I guess he zipped down the Carlisle Pike between the 2 games.
Charlie Katshir of CV and Zack Kuntz of Camp Hill getting some attention....any other prospects he may be seeing?

He was probably also there to see Coatesville's Ricky Ortega. Ortega started at QB as a freshman and put up big numbers2,328 yards, 23 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Ortega is one of the top 2020 dual threat QBs. Camped at PSU last Summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: royboy
Charlie Katshir of CV and Zack Kuntz of Camp Hill getting some attention....any other prospects he may be seeing?

I'm not sure. I don't follow recruiting too closely until signing day. He just needs to follow the Carlisle Pike a few more miles and he could get the Mechanicsburg vs Carlisle game in tonight too. ;)

He was probably there to see Kunz, Katshir, and Coatesville's Rocky Ortega. Ortega started at QB as a freshman and put up big numbers. Ortega is one of the top 2020 dual threat QBs. Camped at PSU last Summer.

From what I saw in the first half of CV vs Coatesville- that Coatesville qb has really great poise for a Sophomore and a nice touch on his throws.

There was a disastrous snap that went behind him in the second quarter. He calmly looked to see where the defenders were, ran over and picked up the ball, then ran back about 10 yards before tossing a nice throw to a crossing receiver for a first down. Total disaster to great recovery to keep the drive going. Then led a great drive scoring a TD right at the buzzer- 14-0 Coatesville at half.

middle of 3rd quarter Kuntz 9 catches 221 yards 2 tds. He also punts (just had one downed at the 10 yard line)and plays DE
last week in a loss Kuntz was only targeted 3 times. Seems they may have adjusted their gameplan this time around.

He was probably there to see Kunz, Katshir, and Coatesville's Rocky Ortega. Ortega started at QB as a freshman and put up big numbers. Ortega is one of the top 2020 dual threat QBs. Camped at PSU last Summer.
I just watched Ricky Ortega's freshman videos. He's real good. About the same size as Trace but may get taller. Listed as 6'0 185. Kid can run and pass.

Reactions: TheGLOV
What, he doesn't sell popcorn in the stands in his spare time?

I;m pretty sure he never left the field during the game. They didn't show the band or the concession stand at halftime or the ticket booth pre-game. so he might have done that too. At the end of the game he was playing deep safety.

Reactions: Ranger Dan

Anyone else see this?

Different approach then Joe? Huh? Joe, like Franklin, probably one of the greatest recruiters that CFB has ever seen - and not just talent-wise but also character-wise.

Last edited:
He was also there I'm sure to see Aaron Young of Cvile. As a soph. Young had 2,264 yards rushing-avd like 10yds a carry, , 34 touchdowns, and45 receptions for 580 yards and six TDs. 5'10" 185lbs and runs a 4.5 40.

My nephew teaches at Coatesville and mentors/tutors a lot of student athletes. Will have to touch base with him re: Ortega.

Reactions: artsandletters
Different approach then Joe? Huh? Joe, like Franklin, probably one of the greatest recruiters that CFB has ever seen - and not just talent-wise but also character-wise.
Not every contrast/comparison to Joe is an insult to him. The comment was that Franklin and Joe had different styles, not that Franklin was better. How could anyone disagree with the observation that they had different styles?

Not every contrast/comparison to Joe is an insult to him. The comment was that Franklin and Joe had different styles, not that Franklin was better. How could anyone disagree with the observation that they had different styles?

Wrong, both Joe and Franklin are great recruiters and they don't have "different styles" in regards to closing rate with high-character, super-stud recruits when they get the in-home visit -- both are well known for how charismatic they are in regards to in-home visits and closing rates. Franklin himself has stated what a huge Paterno fan he was as a high school football player in Pennsylvania - said he idolized Joe, attended PSU's summer football camps, dreamed of playing for Joe.....and is beyond humbled to "Walk in the footsteps of The Great Joe Paterno".... Complete nonsense that Joe and Coach Franklin have different styles in regards to recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT