ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin has rape survivor speak to the team...

Just read an article on her . One of her attackers was a 18 year old high school football player. The article states that after this happened this kid STILL got scholarship offers.. Ohio State being one of the schools.

How about we pledge to stop posting suggestive pictures of women on this site?

Same ones that appear in millions of magazines or are posted by said person on social media for the express purpose of driving clicks? Certainly a different subject I would think...

Props to CJF for taking this on given the situation he experienced at Vandy. He's not hiding from it.

She spoke at Neb a few months ago. Mike Riley, the current Neb coach, was the coach at Oregon St when this happened. Somehow he managed come out unscathed.

She spoke at Neb a few months ago. Mike Riley, the current Neb coach, was the coach at Oregon St when this happened. Somehow he managed come out unscathed.

true.....but 18 years later, he held himself accountable, invited Brenda Tracey to speak to his Nebraska players about the incident.....even admitting to her "maybe I should've done more"....yes, quite ironic.

it's a great read....Brenda hated M Riley more than the rapists themselves for initially dismissing the incident and saying his (Oregon St) players were good guys who made a bad choice....and only suspending them for 1 game. but after meeting him, he was contrite, and she forgave him because he was accountable. took a lot of guts for Riley to invite her to Nebraska, meet with her, and allow her to speak to his players about sexual violence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ter-alleged-gang-rape/?utm_term=.8a87b3d206b4

I rarely post here, and when I do, never negative. However, I felt the need to do so and give a big shout out to your coach for this. Great job coach F. He simply gets it. You've got yourselves a great coach, better man. Enjoy the ride Nits, and good luck in the playoffs. PS, my good friend is a PITT grad, and is looking forward to "beating" PSU. I just laugh and tell him, "I hope you enjoyed last year." PSU by 24. Michigan too will enjoy Happy Valley.

Reactions: CF LION
There were many more tweets by PSU players about this talk. Couldn't be prouder of the men they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT