ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Four-Star Philadelphia Defensive End Mylachi Williams Commits to Penn State

Penn State continues strong in-state recruiting. Based on Rivals State rankings for PA:
  • 2022 -- 6 of top 10 to PSU, including #1 Nick Singleton
  • 2023 -- 5 of top 10 to PSU, including #1 Jven Williams
  • 2024 -- 6 of top 10 to PSU, including #1 Quinton Martin
Franklinn owns the state great recruiting.

The edge rusher position is looking very promising for Penn State. Don’t forget the current young players already on the team. For example, Mason Robinson. Williams‘s explosiveness reminds me Robinson. The future looks bright at DE.

6’ 4” 210……sounds like move to linebacker and be the next Micah Parsons.

And Rojas should move to safety since he is only 190lbs.

If a 100 lb cheerleader can gain 20 lbs freshman year then I am pretty sure an 11th grade football player can put on some weight by the time he is ready to get on the field. 247 actually has him at 215. He will be 235 by the time he gets to camp..

Last edited:
So move to LB for college and back to edge rusher for the NFL? I have to disagree with you here. I'm guessing he has the frame to get to 250lbs and the twitch to get into the backfield with consistency.
Agree, he’s only 16 and can grow. Shaka Toney ended up 250+ and I believed his weight was around 190 his senior HS season.

Penn State continues strong in-state recruiting. Based on Rivals State rankings for PA:
  • 2022 -- 6 of top 10 to PSU, including #1 Nick Singleton
  • 2023 -- 5 of top 10 to PSU, including #1 Jven Williams
  • 2024 -- 6 of top 10 to PSU, including #1 Quinton Martin
Yeah, but the days of one strong CF team dominating and loading up on their strong HS base are long gone. If you look at some of the Playoff schools of the last few years, they've pulled in just a select number from their HS bases and then went after national recruits. the 3 that come to mind are Georgia - especially Georgia - OSU and Alabama.

Heck, Georgia's HS base in off the charts right now - maybe - per population of state - the very best in the country. Georgia might be able to field a NC contending team with just Georgia HS talent - it's that good. Many coaches - including Kirby Smart - know that it's crucial to get a strong footprint for future recruiting in areas like Texas, Florida, California etc.... Take a look at Georgia's 2024 class. They're from all over.

Who are the 3 teams on the 2024 247 Composite with a per player rating of 93+ - yep Georgia, OSU and Alabama

Same with OSU. There are a few teams that have come into Ohio this year and pulled out some good recruits. But the key is, if OSU loses an Ohio recruit, they just get a better one nationally. That's how strong their national footprint has become. Example: they lost Ohio RB Jordan Marshall to Michigan and immediately pulled in an even higher rated back in Peoples out of Texas, They're being projected - for now - to end up with the best DT class in the country in 2024 (an OSU weakness) - including recent commit Justin Scott (Chicago) and not one of them will be from Ohio.

Alabama? Well, Alabama is Alabama. They cherry pick their state - which has really turned into a strong HS football state and then branch out. Auburn will get a few that Alabama offered but Saban just shrugs and then goes out nationally and KILLS it.

So, congrats to PSU in dominating the state, but it will be critical from here on out to establish a strong National footprint, especially with the 12-team Playoff starting in 2024. That's basically what teams like Alabama, Georgia, OSU and Clemson have been doing for a while now

Last edited:
Reactions: Cold Smoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT