ADVERTISEMENT

Former Top 100 WR from Minnesota enters portal

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Not sure if we would have interest.

According to Matt Zenitz of On3 Sports, Minnesota wideout Dylan Wright has entered the portal. He leaves the Golden Gophers after two seasons with 35 receptions for 645 yards and three touchdowns.

This will be the second time that Wright has hit the transfer portal in his college career. He started his career at Texas A&M close to his home in the Lone Star State.

Coming out of high school, 247Sports rated Wright as a four-star prospect and the No. 70 overall player in the Class of 2019. He was the No. 12 wide receiver in the nation and the No. 11 player from the state of Texas.

Seems like with 12 scholarship WR's on the roster (counting Cephus and Taylor, and Driver's move to WR) and only 1 being a Senior (Cephus) and 3 Juniors (KLS, Meiga and McClain) that the staff would want to save scholarships to bring in 3-4 high talent 2024 class WR's. The 2023 WR room seems pretty set and given the likely attrition after the 2023 season I'd be surprises if the staff brought in another transfer before next off season.

But Franklin says he's always looking to upgrade the roster.......

Last edited:
Reactions: bdgan
Seems like with 11 scholarship WR's on the roster (counting Cephus and Taylor) and only 1 being a Senior (Cephus) and 3 Juniors (KLS, Meiga and McClain) that the staff would want to save scholarships to bring in 3-4 high talent 2024 class WR's. The 2023 WR room seems pretty set and given the likely attrition after the 2023 season I'd be surprises if the staff brought in another transfer before next off season.

Was thinking with Potts committing from Minnesota that maybe he told Franklin, you should take a look at this guy. Never know. I think our WR room is getting there with the 2 transfer additions.

Seems like with 12 scholarship WR's on the roster (counting Cephus and Taylor, and Driver's move to WR) and only 1 being a Senior (Cephus) and 3 Juniors (KLS, Meiga and McClain) that the staff would want to save scholarships to bring in 3-4 high talent 2024 class WR's. The 2023 WR room seems pretty set and given the likely attrition after the 2023 season I'd be surprises if the staff brought in another transfer before next off season.

We're already at 88 scholarships and the most needed position is probably a big DT, not WR. Of there aren't many of those.

Attracting top portal players probably requires a lot of NIL money. Heck, keeping good recruited players requires a lot of NIL money.

Reactions: GregInPitt
We're already at 88 scholarships and the most needed position is probably a big DT, not WR. Of there aren't many of those.

Attracting top portal players probably requires a lot of NIL money. Heck, keeping good recruited players requires a lot of NIL money.
The RB Potts seems ideal, just about the only player that would not be a total surprise other than a big DT.

Anyone hear anything about the couple of DT's that PSU has been after, particularly the DT from MD that has multiple years to play?

DT remains a concern and a take if a marriage is out there. I doubt there will be another WR unless a snag occurs in the Cephas transfer........or PSU has a "run on " the portal after Spring Practice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT