ADVERTISEMENT

Former PSU grad asst. Joe Brady now available. Fired by Carolina Panthers

Can we hire him now? Brady is a Joe Moorhead disciple. He was the primary driver implementing the offense LSU used during their title run. That is the offense JoeMo wanted to run at Penn State in 2016 with Christian Hackenberg at QB. Just imagine what that would have looked like had Franklin not ran Hack off the team? Hack (who is more talented that Burough) with far better skill position talent, a slight downgrade on the line and an equivalent defense. Even with Hack I don't know if we knock off Michigan that early in the season but the game would have at least been competitive and we get the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Can we hire him now? Brady is a Joe Moorhead disciple. He was the primary driver implementing the offense LSU used during their title run. That is the offense JoeMo wanted to run at Penn State in 2016 with Christian Hackenberg at QB. Just imagine what that would have looked like had Franklin not ran Hack off the team? Hack (who is more talented that Burough) with far better skill position talent, a slight downgrade on the line and an equivalent defense. Even with Hack I don't know if we knock off Michigan that early in the season but the game would have at least been competitive and we get the playoffs.
JoeMo couldn’t do squat against Utah’s defense in 2 games this year I realize he took the job at Akron but he started to lose some of his luster and I like Yurcich.

JoeMo couldn’t do squat against Utah’s defense in 2 games this year I realize he took the job at Akron but he started to lose some of his luster and I like Yurcich.
So what, he is a far better track record that Mike Yurcich, who took a demotion to go to Ohio State at the peak of his career. Speaks volumes.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
So what, he is a far better track record that Mike Yurcich, who took a demotion to go to Ohio State at the peak of his career. Speaks volumes.
You are wrong as usual. Do a little research on his offenses 2013-2020. Further going from Okie State to tOSU in the football world is not a demotion. He was highly sought after because of his offenses with the Cowboys. They paid him $150,000 more per year at tOSU than Okie State plus Ohio is his native state.

Last edited:
You are wrong as usual. Do a little research on his offenses 2013-2020. Further going from Okie State to tOSU in the football world is not a demotion. He was highly sought after because of his offenses with the Cowboys. They paid him $150,000 more per year at tOSU than Okie State plus Ohio is his native state.
Actually I am right. I know all about his offenses from 2013 to 2020. More than you apparently. Have you noted how much better OK State did this year without him? Cliff's notes version. He took over the offense that Mike Gundy installed. He made some minor improvements. Scored a lot of points against bad defenses. Started hot against decent ones before falling apart (think Iowa because the trend was obvious before Clifford got hurt) and eventually losing. Repeat. MY is a system guy that need his kind of talent to win. We don't have it and it will take several recruiting cycles to get it.

The benefit of dumping Yurcich and hiring Brady greatly outweigh the risk.

Are we still blaming JF for Hack? Maybe if we work hard enough we can tie JF to the Kennedy Assassination.

Actually I am right. I know all about his offenses from 2013 to 2020. More than you apparently. Have you noted how much better OK State did this year without him? Cliff's notes version. He took over the offense that Mike Gundy installed. He made some minor improvements. Scored a lot of points against bad defenses. Started hot against decent ones before falling apart (think Iowa because the trend was obvious before Clifford got hurt) and eventually losing. Repeat. MY is a system guy that need his kind of talent to win. We don't have it and it will take several recruiting cycles to get it.

The benefit of dumping Yurcich and hiring Brady greatly outweigh the risk.
So you would rather have a guy who was just fired, doesn’t like to recruit and never has been more than a passing game coordinator for one year at the college level on one of the most talented teams in NCAA history that he didn’t build with a number 1 pick at QB over a guy that has a proven track record for years as an OC at the college level?

So Hackenberg is more talented than Joe Borrow ?Really ? Why isn’t Hackenberg in the NFL then ? Every scout and general manager and football coach in the world says your incorrect on this one.

Does he know how to teach wrapping up the ball carrier and avoid the submarine non tackling technique?

Reactions: BBrown
So Hackenberg is more talented than Joe Borrow ?Really ? Why isn’t Hackenberg in the NFL then ? Every scout and general manager and football coach in the world says your incorrect on this one.
Because you know JF ruined Hack - if not for JF Hack would have won at least 2 heisman trophy’s and would have been the NFL MVP every year.

Hackenberg is nowhere near Burrow (not sure about Burough), both in the quality of the team around them and their performance. The first thing a coach should have done with Hack is show him the open receiver on the short routes...just prior to letting him think about it for a while on the bench. Joe Moorhead was blessed with the receivers and the QB he had...plus Franklin doesn't seem to interfere much with his coaches' play calling.

A friend of mine who lives in N Car says word is Brady was talking about openings, Rhule found out and sent him packing. Partly loyalty, partly performance.

Hackenberg is nowhere near Burrow (not sure about Burough), both in the quality of the team around them and their performance. The first thing a coach should have done with Hack is show him the open receiver on the short routes...just prior to letting him think about it for a while on the bench. Joe Moorhead was blessed with the receivers and the QB he had...plus Franklin doesn't seem to interfere much with his coaches' play calling.
plus Franklin doesn't seem to interfere much with his coaches' play calling.

LOL. CJF most certainly has interfered with play calling and offensive scheme. MoJo I believe as part of his employment agreement made sure CJF wasn't going to interfere. Not sure where MY stands on this but CJF finger prints were all over Donovan and Rhane offenses.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I believe it is entirely JoeMo's fault we did not go to the CFP in 2017. The way things fell apart at OSU after having 18 pt leads twice, was ridiculous. There were multiple points in that game when one more first down would have ensured a win.
It is actually the quarterback he was saddled with who was the biggest factor in not getting to the playoffs. Weakest link on the team in 16 and 17.

I didn't realize there were still people who think Hack was a good QB.

LdN

plus Franklin doesn't seem to interfere much with his coaches' play calling.

LOL. CJF most certainly has interfered with play calling and offensive scheme. MoJo I believe as part of his employment agreement made sure CJF wasn't going to interfere. Not sure where MY stands on this but CJF finger prints were all over Donovan and Rhane offenses.
Translation: you don’t have any real proof to back up your claim, but will continue to talk from your ass anyway. Got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RGWhirly
You must either need glasses or have a seriously low football IQ. CH never was anywhere near the QB JB was (and still is).

Burrow, Chase, Jefferson, Clyde EH, good OL = Brady's abilities as pass game coordinator perhaps inflated.

In fairness, Brady schemed pretty well and put that team in the best position to use their weapons.

But yes, that's a valid point. Any PGC looks like gold when you have a Heisman QB, a trio of dynamite WRs, a very good RB, and a stud OL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT