ADVERTISEMENT

Foreigner

Diego Badman

Apr 6, 2015

Original members reunited for 3 songs. Lou Gramm remains one of my favorite vocalists.

Maybe this could be a sign that they'd get together once their long overdue induction to the Rock Hall happens.

Reactions: MtNittany
Boy Lou looks rough and has lost some of his pitch. He was the Sh!t in his day. Loved their music.

Boy Lou looks rough and has lost some of his pitch. He was the Sh!t in his day. Loved their music.

Understand that Gramm has been dealt some serious health issues since the mid-nineties, including a brain tumor... batteries of steroid therapy took a huge toll on his appearance... he's announced a few months back this will be his final year of appearing in public...

Fun fact: Lou owns a home on Lake Ontario a few hundred yards down the road from me (though I believe his ex-wife now claims it) ... a couple weeks ago I was driving and enjoying "Long Long Way From Home" on SiriusXM and nearly T-boned him and his '66 Cutlass at a notoriously bad rural intersection :) Ironically it was about a quarter-mile from home...

Foreigner, right now, is just Mick Jones... the rest of the band is composed of hired-guns... including Dokken bassist Jeff Pilson (albeit one hell of a musician)... can't imagine people paying top-dollar just to be served barely a veneer of what was...

Last edited:
I have tickets to see them August 3rd with Cheap Trick

Saw the movie in Hershey last week and seeing them again in burgettstown in August. Don't miss the Led Zeppelin tribute opener. It's the original drummer's son and it kicks ass. It's way better than cheap tricks first 30 minutes until they play their 4 hits all in a row at the end.

"Hot blooded, check it and see. Got a fever of one hundred and three." Yada, yada, yada.

I dunno. Maybe it's me, but as much as I liked Foreigner when their songs first came out, I think their stuff does not hold up as well over time. It just seems a tad dated to me, and I would not say the same thing about a bunch of bands of their vintage.

Sorry if that seems like a wet blanket. To each his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: tgar

Original members reunited for 3 songs. Lou Gramm remains one of my favorite vocalists.

Maybe this could be a sign that they'd get together once their long overdue induction to the Rock Hall happens.

I saw them years ago at Conneaut Lake Park when they were doing a tune-up for their upcoming concert tour.

Understand that Gramm has been dealt some serious health issues since the mid-nineties, including a brain tumor... batteries of steroid therapy took a huge toll on his appearance... he's announced a few months back this will be his final year of appearing in public...

Fun fact: Lou owns a home on Lake Ontario a few hundred yards down the road from me (though I believe his ex-wife now claims it) ... a couple weeks ago I was driving and enjoying "Long Long Way From Home" on SiriusXM and nearly T-boned him and his '66 Cutlass at a notoriously bad rural intersection :) Ironically it was about a quarter-mile from home...

Foreigner, right now, is just Mick Jones... the rest of the band is composed of hired-guns... including Dokken bassist Jeff Pilson (albeit one hell of a musician)... can't imagine people paying top-dollar just to be served barely a veneer of what was...
Where on Lake Ontario, just returned Friday from 10 days up at Lake Ontario in Pulaski NY?

Spent a lot of time at Lake Ontario at my grand mothers camp in Pulaski during my youth.

Where on Lake Ontario, just returned Friday from 10 days up at Lake Ontario in Pulaski NY?

Spent a lot of time at Lake Ontario at my grand mothers camp in Pulaski during my youth.

I'm about an hour west somewhere btw Sodus Pt. and Irondequoit Bay...

my dad used to love snatchin' salmon in Pulaski

Last edited:
"Hot blooded, check it and see. Got a fever of one hundred and three." Yada, yada, yada.

I dunno. Maybe it's me, but as much as I liked Foreigner when their songs first came out, I think their stuff does not hold up as well over time. It just seems a tad dated to me, and I would not say the same thing about a bunch of bands of their vintage.

Sorry if that seems like a wet blanket. To each his own.

I agree that Foreigner/Mick Jones/ Lou Gramm were no Neil Young, but post-Vietnam there was a huge blossom of popular music that eschewed politics - music consumers' wallets demonstrated they wanted a respite/escape and what you got were disco and shoulder-swayin' stadium-rock anthem acts ala Journey, Styx, REO, Foreigner etc ... the message-music was left to the angry punkers and what would, by the early eighties, evolve into the College-rock/indy scene ...

Musically, perhaps dated but Foreigner remains interesting... a bridge between classic rock and modern rock that was to come ... as a mulleted high-schooler in late 70s/early 80s - their music is an important bookmark in my life... enjoyed my first intense makeout session while the entire Double Vision album was playing in my date's parents' basement after a hayride :)

I still chubb-up a little when these songs pop up on my SiriusXM while I'm driving :)

Have to admit, I was never a big Foreigner fan. However, Starrider was a great tune from them. Also, seeing their current singer Kelly Hanson win Celebrity Chopped last year was pretty cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT