ADVERTISEMENT

For all the David Jones fans you'll love this picture.

He really is clueless...he goes overboard in his trying to be unbiased to the point of being biased against PSU.

And newspapers wonder why nobody is buying subscription anymore. Stop letting hacks like this right more than two paragraphs and maybe I can come back

I don’t reed what he rights.
Sorry B-13, I couldn’t resist. Been stuck in the house for far too long.
But I agree with your post 100 percent.

Reactions: bison13
What's that hand-sign he's flashing... the super-duper reverse middle finger??? OR, is he just flicking a booger???

Think about it. Imagine that you're a PSU grad, and you're writing beat stories for Michigan football. Unless you're making mucho dinero, how miserable would you be to have to put on a happy face and discuss Michigan football as if it's your own team?

Take solace in knowing that Jones is stuck writing for a team he has no interest in rooting for. And he has virtually no prospects for moving up the ladder to something more prestigious.

I think it's quite hilarious. The Pitt shirt is merely his way of middle-fingering the world for the personal hell he finds himself in.

Think about it. Imagine that you're a PSU grad, and you're writing beat stories for Michigan football. Unless you're making mucho dinero, how miserable would you be to have to put on a happy face and discuss Michigan football as if it's your own team?

Take solace in knowing that Jones is stuck writing for a team he has no interest in rooting for. And he has virtually no prospects for moving up the ladder to something more prestigious.

I think it's quite hilarious. The Pitt shirt is merely his way of middle-fingering the world for the personal hell he finds himself in.

You got it almost completely right. He pairs his disinterest in PSU with the attitude most “journalists“ seem to have which is contempt for their readership. We central PA rubes couldn’t possibly grasp his genius. Just ask him.

Beat writers aren’t suppose to be fans of the team they are covering. However, they are suppose to be objective.

Reactions: LDandy and BBrown
Beat writers aren’t suppose to be fans of the team they are covering. However, they are suppose to be objective.

That's true......rather than "root for", it's better to say "cover with enthusiasm". We don't need our beat writers sitting there cheering for PSU, but at least pretend as if you give a shit about the subject matter.

a perfect assessment!!

Sure. But wearing that to a virtual press engagement with Franklin?

I mean, it’s not worth actual anger. But it seems silly.
It’s called respect....if you’re having a virtual meeting with the Penn State coach, you don’t wear a Pitt shirt. Just like if you’re meeting with the Pitt coach, I would hope you wouldn’t wear a Penn State shirt. It’s basic manners.

A good journalist is a lot like a good referee - you don't notice them while the game is going on but at the end you know they did a great job. I don't read Jones' stuff much (why give him the clicks) but it seems like he usually inserts himself - directly or indirectly - into what he writes and it is impossible not to notice that the piece was written by him. If you write good enough material, people will know that you did a good job.

The overwhelming number of these ass-clowns in the media are no more qualified to have an opinion on football than you or me. They are more qualified than us to report "actual" information, because they have access to information we do not. Davey Jones, or any of these boobs has the great privilege of asking a Coach or Player a direct question. That gives them access to information we do not have. But when a guy like Davey Jones writes an article saying "Penn State should do this...." or "Penn State should do that..." or "James Franklin needs to do this...".... Well, that just pure crap, because in general terms this guy is not any more qualified or any more knowledgeable about the game of football than 90% of "Joe Average Fan".

That's not how I see it. I believe he's here for a purpose, and that purpose is to keep us down. I don't put it past osu to install friendly media in hostile territory, like all evil authoritarian regimes do.

**** david, 'face-for-radio', jones and the red and grey horse he rode in on. And his pitt shirt and rape questions the first time he met Franklin and all his anti-Penn State bullshit!

That's not how I see it. I believe he's here for a purpose, and that purpose is to keep us down. I don't put it past osu to install friendly media in hostile territory, like all evil authoritarian regimes do.

**** david, 'face-for-radio', jones and the red and grey horse he rode in on. And his pitt shirt and rape questions the first time he met Franklin and all his anti-Penn State bullshit!

I think you're giving him -- and Ohio State -- too much credit.

He's not smart or disciplined enough to live as a deep plant for this long. The guy just isn't very good at his job, and rather than parlay excellence at Penn Live into a dream job in Columbus or for a national publication, he's stuck writing about a football program he couldn't give two shits about.

I hope Franklin continues winning for years and years to come and that he takes PSU to the next level. And I hope Davey is around to write about all of it.

Reactions: PSUfiji
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT