ADVERTISEMENT

Foley's Friday Mailbag for 2/1/19

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
a Q&A about the PSU - Michigan dual, where Foley gives his predictions for each match

For those keeping track, this is week 122, and despite promises he tweeted, no response to Flo's article about Olympic reffing corruption from Foley.

Mike C was back on his game, as he had 3 of the 6 questions.

You can access this week's Mailbag at THIS LINK

Reactions: danoftw
All three losing is rather improbable.

Why didn’t he pick RBY as an upset....he seems to like the underdog so much. Based on past matches I’m surprised amine over Hall wasn’t picked instead.

Picking a Hall Major over Amine shows how little he understands NCAA wrestling. To say nothing of Bisono or Rasheed getting a major. Just lazy.

Reactions: diggerpup
Foley must have forgotten to pay his Grammarly bill. Perhaps someone can decipher these for me:

"The only long-term option that will satisfy fines and the NCAA..." Fines?! Is that a typo or what fines is Foley talking about?

"...which makes them simple for the league to sell against on linear channels." Where is E. B. White when we need him?

Reactions: redblades
Most of us know he meant "fans" not "fines"... not surprised you don't.

Most of us know he meant "fans" not "fines"... not surprised you don't.
So you think that he is saying "The only long-term option that will satisfy fans and the NCAA is to fully eliminate dual meets...". I guess that I didn't know that eliminating dual meets would satisfy fans or the NCAA.

Foley must have forgotten to pay his Grammarly bill. Perhaps someone can decipher these for me:

"The only long-term option that will satisfy fines and the NCAA..." Fines?! Is that a typo or what fines is Foley talking about?

"...which makes them simple for the league to sell against on linear channels." Where is E. B. White when we need him?
Must have forgotten to set his voice-to-text to Abro Drunk Posting.

So you think that he is saying "The only long-term option that will satisfy fans and the NCAA is to fully eliminate dual meets...". I guess that I didn't know that eliminating dual meets would satisfy fans or the NCAA.
Nice selective editing. It also says “.... or come up with an insentive to make dual meets matter”. What he is saying is that as long as there isn’t any great incentive to win duals, or more accurately that there are duals that can easily be won even without a top wrestler, wrestlers might be held out. And fans will complain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT