ADVERTISEMENT

Florida here we come!

Based on ...if I'm selfish I'd rather go to the Peach

I’d rather go to the peach than the citrus or outback. At this point I don’t even think that’s selfish, it’s the best possible option still on the table.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee they will but at the same time how can you guarantee they won't? I could see them falling between Florida and PSU or falling right behind us.

There is a chance Wazzou and/or LSU drop below us.

I think PSU is getting in over either WSU or LSU now unless OSU Clemson or Oklahoma lose next week.

tOSU to CFP.
UM to Rose.
PSU to Peach.
No way...b1g is out of the CFP for a second consecutive season thanks to Purdue drubbing tosu. If OU wins the B12, they’ll jump Georgia for the #4 spot. If not, the Bulldogs get in, esp if the SEC championship game is close.

Two likely scenarios. If Ohio State gets into the CFP we go to the Peach unless Texas beats Oklahoma, if Oklahoma goes to the CFP we go to the Citrus. So basically, we need to cheer for Oklahoma to win in an ugly game versus Texas and we need Ohio State to slam Northwestern like they did against Wisconsin a few years back.

I think it is realistic that the CFP Comittee chooses tO$U over Oklahoma simply because they have better wins (Michigan & PSU) along with less ugly wins where Oklahoma has to score over 50 just to win. I really think some of the coaches on the committee will hold Oklahoma back for that... and I think December 1st games will add a lot to the conversation as well.

CFP Alabama vs Ohio State
CFP Clemson vs Notre Dame
Peach Penn State vs Florida
Fiesta UCF vs LSU
Rose Michigan vs Washington
Sugar Georgia vs Oklahoma

CFP Alabama vs Oklahoma
Peach Ohio State vs Florida
Fiesta UCF vs LSU
Sugar West Virginia vs Georgia

Yes I am assuming Wazzu is done, the Pac 12 sucks.

Last edited:
Two likely scenarios. If Ohio State gets into the CFP we go to the Peach unless Texas beats Oklahoma, if Oklahoma goes to the CFP we go to the Citrus. So basically, we need to cheer for Oklahoma to win in an ugly game versus Texas and we need Ohio State to slam Northwestern like they did against Wisconsin a few years back.

I think it is realistic that the CFP Comittee chooses tO$U over Oklahoma simply because they have better wins (Michigan & PSU) along with less ugly wins where Oklahoma has to score over 50 just to win. I really think some of the coaches on the committee will hold Oklahoma back for that... and I think December 1st games will add a lot to the conversation as well.

CFP Alabama vs Ohio State
Peach Penn State vs Florida
Fiesta UCF vs LSU
Sugar Georgia vs Oklahoma

CFP Alabama vs Oklahoma
Peach Ohio State vs Florida
Fiesta UCF vs LSU
Sugar West Virginia vs Georgia

Yes I am assuming Wazzu is done, the Pac 12 sucks.
One other big assumption in your scenarios. Clemson over Pitt. Admittedly, there is a slight talent gap in Clemson's favor. You must, however, consider that Pitt's playing with nothing to lose on a neutral field. Also, you can bet Nardog has a few tricks left up his sleeve - inside info from President Stache. Remember 43-42! Just sayin'.

Last edited:
One other big assumption in your scenarios. Clemson over Pitt. Admittedly, there is a slight talent gap in Clemson's favor. You must, however, consider that Pitt's playing with nothing to lose on a neutral field. Also, you can bet Nardog has a few tricks left up his sleeve - inside info from President Stache. Remember 43-42! Just sayin'.

Pitt is playing for their 33rd National Championship

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT