ADVERTISEMENT

FLO 2018 Seniors Big Board

mattu12

Jun 22, 2001
Debuted yesterday. Anyone care to guess the two non-PSU recruits ranked #1 and #2?

Stevenson clearly #1. The surprise is the Parris kid. His stock has gone up considerably in last 12 months. He's looking like a monster. 3 real good HWY in this class if Parris sticks to wrestling.

Speaking of top 10. I want to preface this by saying I have no ill will and no agenda I just want to hear from people that see this kid more than me. Sasso is #8. I've seen him get throttled by Lee, the kid at junior ( or was it cadet?) Trials and then saw he got pinned in Disney Duals I believe. I would think a kid being #8 shouldn't be getting beat like that. Am I not seeing something with this kid that makes him a special talent? I wish the kid the best. Just wondering

Last edited:
Stevenson clearly #1. The surprise is the Parris kid. His stock has gone up considerably in last 12 months. He's looking like a monster. 3 real good HWY in this class if Parris sticks to wrestling.

Speaking of top 10. I want to preface this by saying I have no ill will and no agenda I just want to hear from people that see this kid more than me. Sasso is #8. I've seen him get throttled by Lee, the kid at junior ( or was it cadet?) Trials and then saw he got pinned in Disney Duals I believe. I would think a kid being #8 shouldn't be getting beat like that. Am I not seeing something with this kid that makes him a special talent? I wish the kid the best. Just wondering

I tend to agree with this. I think Willie probably discounts his losses because he wrestles everywhere - which I subscribe to also - and probably sees him as high risk/high reward guy which IMO is still enough to keep him out of the top 10. I'm not even sure I see the ultra high reward end of it - I'd be stunned if he ended up as a NC at this point. But what do I know and I've been wrong before.

I think Parris is way overranked also. Yes, he's the flavor of the week because he's taken it to the 220 class - which is like batting .350 in low A ball. But what is he 215 or 220? That's a lot of projection for him to be a successful 285 and he's not Snyder. Gable's about 240/250 and still moves the way he does. I don't see that as being even a little bit close.

I'm seeing these guys ranked on potential - which I get - but not being discounted for their floors.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Sasso and Willie are pretty close with the Lehigh Valley connection. Sammy has gotten the well known District 11 Saylor bump, although he is a Top 20 kid IMO.

Reactions: GSL
my take on Parris is that he is a great athlete not a great wrestler, man among boys thing---not saying with the right coaching he couldnt be a great wrestler--but he is not even close to Stevenson level..IMO

He won what could be considered the 3 toughest folkstyle tournaments in the country as a junior last year (super 32, Ironman, pa states). He's taken a couple losses in freestyle, but weird things often happen in freestyle and that's not the style they wrestle in college. I would have actually kept him above Teemer based on overall resume.

Reactions: proud2bpokes
I've only watched Sasso a couple of times against top-level talent, and he looks like he does the bare minimum to win and lacks offense.

I think Parris is way overranked also. Yes, he's the flavor of the week because he's taken it to the 220 class - which is like batting .350 in low A ball. But what is he 215 or 220? That's a lot of projection for him to be a successful 285 and he's not Snyder. Gable's about 240/250 and still moves the way he does. I don't see that as being even a little bit close.
I agree with this except to caution that the last 6 NCAA HWT titles were won by HS 215/220s: Snyder, Gwiazdowski, and Nelson 2x each.

I wouldn't rank him as high as Steveson, who's proven himself world class, or Snacks, who is an agile full blown heavy and put it to a good field at Flonats. Still, he has earned the attention he surely will receive from Iowa and any number of other D1 programs.

Reactions: dicemen99
Like that time he bonused his way through the 145lb bracket at Ironman (bye, pin, 13-4, 17-4, 10-2, pin).

Also his losses at State are to a kid named Spencer Lee who decked him on the Edge and a super close loss to some Pletcher kid 2 years ago. Sasso is certainly for real, is he Nick Lee? Hell no!

that's asking too much. It's premium info. The rankings of the PSU recruits, as well as a few others, have been identified in this thread.

Interesting..Is this against TOS here to give him the top 20? Or a problem with Flo if I answered his question?

I won't give anything out unless I hear from you or Willie on the subject.

I have always been curious as to how that works (giving out premium content on a message board).

Interesting..Is this against TOS here to give him the top 20? Or a problem with Flo if I answered his question?

I won't give anything out unless I hear from you or Willie on the subject.

I have always been curious as to how that works (giving out premium content on a message board).

there is no rule I can show you that details exactly what can and can not be given out with regards to premium content. However, I'll try to do my best to provide some guidelines.

Premium content provided by BWI, or any other Rivals site, can not, by the Rivals' subscription rules, be taken by any Rivals subscriber and posted on a non-premium Rivals board, or any premium or non-premium message board anywhere else.

Beyond that, it's common courtesy that sites like BWI, which generate premium content on their own, do not allow the posting of premium content from other sites on their boards.

In reality, we can't prevent people from posting premium info from other sites. However, if such info is posted we can and will delete it in many cases.

The challenge for us, and for posters, is how to define too much information, and how to define an acceptable level of information. My general guideline on an acceptable level of info in a post about premium content from another site is that a small summary with a few details of particular interest to PSU fans is ok. Some examples of that would be:

- which prospect is #1
- where PSU verbals are rated
- where wrestlers that PSU is known to be recruited are rated
- perhaps how many of the top 10, or top 20, are from PA

All of the above in one post would be pushing the limits, but if limited to that would likely be acceptable. Posting all of the above but also including where all the other B1G school verbals are rated would not be acceptable.

Posting the top 20 goes beyond my acceptable guidelines. If someone wants to know the top 20, they can subscribe to FloWrestling.

I hope that helps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT