ADVERTISEMENT

Five in Final X

I bought reserved parking with the event. Automatically set to noon or later. Now that wrestling is happening at 12:30, I’ve tried to change the reservation to get in before noon. Even called park mobile. Can’t. And nothing else is available to reserve.

Any ideas?

I don't want to pay for a month of Flo Cheerleading and then not get to see Final X.
Why not?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

There are a couple of Portuguese rice dishes somewhat similar to Paella.
Arroz de pato (duck rice) and Arroz de marisco (seafood rice) both can be very good.
It will not be a Portuguese Festival without bacalhau (salted cod), maybe the most popular dish in Portugal.
Bacalhau à Brás, a casserole, with cod grilled, swimming in rice, or shredded with scrambled eggs, onions, and fried potatoes is worth trying.
Francesca is popular sandwich .

Well….just substitute Nick Lee for Zain then.

Next year, Nick sits in the finals and Zain in the semis. 😊
Watch out if Nick wins. It may just be the straw that broke the canals back. Everyone will be flocking to nlwc. Lol

LOL at Gilman’s facial expression at the start of the press conference

Snyder mentioned having a live match against DT last Friday.

Burroughs took a ton of questions and was his usual gracious awesome self.

Gilman was great. Spoke of improving himself in all aspects of life.

I got the picture the Cox was itching to wrestle more than anyone else. I can’t put my finger on it, but he seemed to me to have more of an edge. Like they could have stopped the conference and had the first match if it was up to him.

I got the picture the Cox was itching to wrestle more than anyone else. I can’t put my finger on it, but he seemed to me to have more of an edge. Like they could have stopped the conference and had the first match if it was up to him.
Gilman was great. His introduction he said it’s like the boys are back in town and it’s pretty much a dual between the NLWC and the rest of the country where he gets to start it off right.

I thought Dakes response about Nolf and them both being in the same room was pretty funny. Just talked about dodgeball the whole time. Made me laugh

Gilman was great. His introduction he said it’s like the boys are back in town and it’s pretty much a dual between the NLWC and the rest of the country where he gets to start it off right.

I thought Dakes response about Nolf and them both being in the same room was pretty funny. Just talked about dodgeball the whole time. Made me laugh
Definitely got the picture that Dake and Nolf are okay. Of course, it took both of them being okay for Dake to come and Nolf to stay.

I haven’t watched a ton of Gilman interviews. But I’m a big fan now.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Anyone else fired up for the future of the Women's team? How long before we start to really threaten Japan at the top of the pile?
I sure am! Unfortunately I think we are still quite a bit behind Japan but definitely gaining some ground. I’m excited about how many incredible young women are on the way though. Multiple high school aged girls are competing in Final X and maybe our 2 best ladies are both super young in Elor and Blades. It’s great to see and I’m super excited for the continued growth on the women’s side

Let’s just hope Cox sets his alarm clock.

Reactions: mcpat
The way he speaks sounds a lot like Cael.
Agreed. Made a pass through some of the pre-Final X interviews, with special interest in the 5 Lions. Just enjoy listening to these grounded, level-headed men, and can only guess how much positive influence came from Cael & Co. It’s early in their paths, sure, but I honestly can’t imagine any such respectful, gracious comments up at this level (if they ever reach it) from Iowa’s internally-coveted trio of flashy Ferraris.

Looks like a bunch of Final X interviews from today on Flo are not behind a paywall. Here's one with Nolf and one with AB.

“Gilman has not improved at all since he left the HWC”

Signed: the members of Go Iowa Awesome

• Haha
Reactions: diggerpup
On a side note since we are out of BBQ dishes and travel..
What's everyone looking forward to the most with Final X??
Gilman will he look like a world champion?
Will Zane do Zane things?
Where is Nolf how close?
Where is Nick Lee??
Same with Brooks, how close??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT