ADVERTISEMENT

Fitzgerald suing Northwestern

I'd be shocked if he doesn't win
There'd have to be a lot of skeletons in his closet to lose

I am surprised it took him this long. I mean, at some point, are coaches going to have to wipe the noses of players? Where is that line drawn? To me, if the coach didn't know and didn't foster a culture where this was OK, how is he responsible?

I am surprised it took him this long. I mean, at some point, are coaches going to have to wipe the noses of players? Where is that line drawn? To me, if the coach didn't know and didn't foster a culture where this was OK, how is he responsible?
Time will tell...

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
its the "didn't know" part that I think is the issue. What was described was pretty flagrant stuff and seemingly ongoing for many years. Ultimately he is the person responsible for what happens with his team.

its the "didn't know" part that I think is the issue. What was described was pretty flagrant stuff and seemingly ongoing for many years. Ultimately he is the person responsible for what happens with his team.
maybe. We'll see. you can't do something about something you weren't aware of. And if that is the position of the university, is that a material breach of his contract?

Reactions: Roaring Run
His side of the story:

Attorney Dan Webb, who filed the lawsuit, said Northwestern fired Fitzgerald based on "no new facts, no new developments whatsoever, zero." Schill said July 8, hours after The Daily Northwestern reported details of the hazing allegations from the former player, that he had "may have erred" with the initial discipline for Fitzgerald. Schill fired Fitzgerald two days later.​
Webb said Fitzgerald and Northwestern reached an "oral agreement" before the two-week suspension was announced that the coach would face no further discipline from the university.​
"The fact that he was terminated based on no rational reasons or facts whatsoever, the fact that they've gone out and destroyed his reputation as one of the best football coaches in America, based on no legitimate reason or evidence, is disgraceful," said Webb, a former U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois, who now serves as co-executive chairman of the Winston & Strawn law firm. "It's despicable conduct on behalf of Northwestern. My client and his family are entitled to their day in court for justice."​

Make this case a TV spectacular, with all the networks competing for the broadcast rights. You spin the “How Much Are We Willing To Pay Wheel To Make This Go Way”. The closest to the actual number without exceeding it wins. Then the sequel becomes the “Wheel Was Fixed” extravaganza. I see a lucrative syndication deal.

Noticed Tucker has "severe" medical condition so he cannot appear at MSU hearings, also one of the witnesses to testify against Tracy, the woman who reported Tucker has died, sounds like the Clintons.
Did he get the ‘tiger 5 iron’ treatment from his wife?

Reactions: psulongago
These are very highly intelligent kids. Seems unlikely that team captains and others would allow abuse on a large scale.
Really Because elitist kids and privileged kids and hazing doesn't occur at fraternities ... 😂

That is one strong statement of fact in a modern brothers Grimm fairytale.

Start high. Negotiations from there.

NW has opened themselves up to a lot of damages - would imagine Fitzpatrick is suing for remainder of existing contract, but also the value of his remaining career which has been decimated due to reputational damage. That's a lot of money. NW has very little to stand on given that they originally suspended Fitzgerald for two weeks after their investigation was complete and verbally guaranteed Fitzgerald and his attorney there would be no further sanctions if Fitzgerald agreed publicly to accept the suspension (which he did via Press Release). 3 days later, NW fired Fitzgerald despite no new information coming to light relative to what was contained un the University's investigation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT