ADVERTISEMENT

Ficken 2 of 2 today for FG

Very glad he got another chance. I didn't think that would happen with the Rams hoping to contend for a title.

Glad to see Sam getting another chance this week. Rams getting hammered but Sam is responsible for all 6 of their points.
He just needed a little self-confidence after his "time off". Perhaps he and Robbie can work out together in the offseason.

Who was it that was saying he wouldn't be on the roster this week?

I was one of those people. A lot of people said that. Kickers don't often get a second chance in that situation. I'm glad he did. Hopefully he keeps performing like he has so far today. If the Rams lose a playoff game because of a missed kick they're going to get a ton of criticism for not signing a veteran.

Reactions: johnmpsu

You mean this idiot?

Made an XP now. Step in the right direction although I agree he won't be on there roster next week

They'll cut him and add another kicker. The contract means nothing. It's highly unlikely they're going to keep a kicker around that missed 2 kicks including an XP in his first game. He's making the league minimum--it's one game check. The Rams have too much on the line to keep him IMO. Hope I'm wrong. Maybe he'll make a clutch kick in this one and they'll keep him around.

And unlike most here I own when I'm wrong. I also "agreed" with someone and said "highly unlikely" not impossible.

Well, he did say he hoped he was wrong, which at least acknowledged the possibility that he might be.

I'm just very glad for Sam Ficken. He's another great kid. Hope he sticks with the Rams.

Yes, but the way he deigns to come down from Mount Olympus to lecture us minions on all things football, well, that's something I can do without.

There's no lecture...other than you guys getting mad about selections by the playoff committee that are consistent
When I'm wrong I own it. Most here don't. That's reality

There's no lecture...other than you guys getting mad about selections by the playoff committee that are consistent
When I'm wrong I own it. Most here don't. That's reality
Yes, he's extremely overhyped. People actually have said we won't miss Barkley next year. SMH
Stars mean nothing--see Morreli and countless others.
I don't understand why this fan base acts as though we have to pretend every guy we have is elite. Sanders isn't an every down back IMO--if he proves me wrong I'll own it. If he isn't you'll all claim you said he wasn't
That sure sounds like a lecture.

Yes, he's extremely overhyped. People actually have said we won't miss Barkley next year. SMH
Stars mean nothing--see Morreli and countless others.
I don't understand why this fan base acts as though we have to pretend every guy we have is elite. Sanders isn't an every down back IMO--if he proves me wrong I'll own it. If he isn't you'll all claim you said he wasn't
That sure sounds like a lecture.

Who's lecturing who in that thread? The OP was immediately attacked as was anyone who agreed with him. What I stated were facts. Stars don't mean anything. People are foolishly said we won't miss Barkley which is dumb even if it is just for his ability is pass protection. The majority of the people here flip out if you don't believe every person that is hyped will be special--hint: they won't be. Some will. If you guys stopped attacking those that have a different opinion those that disagree wouldn't have to attack back

Who's lecturing who in that thread? The OP was immediately attacked as was anyone who agreed with him. What I stated were facts. Stars don't mean anything. People are foolishly said we won't miss Barkley which is dumb even if it is just for his ability is pass protection. The majority of the people here flip out if you don't believe every person that is hyped will be special--hint: they won't be. Some will. If you guys stopped attacking those that have a different opinion those that disagree wouldn't have to attack back
Thanks for the lecture. 80% of your post are telling us how it is, the facts according to 78 lectures.

Why don't you just admit that your purpose for being here is to be a total asshole and troll? We all know it. Just admit it already.

Congratulations to Sam Ficken. It's great to see him continue to beat the odds. He was a good student and continues to be a good representative of Penn State. Another example of Success With Honor.

Why don't you just admit that your purpose for being here is to be a total asshole and troll? We all know it. Just admit it already.

I'm trying to discuss sports. I apologize that others just want to read things they agree with

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT