ADVERTISEMENT

fc Tom Allen at IU gets new 7 year $27.3 million at IU....

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
Contract for @CoachAllenIU: 7 years, $27.3 million, contract fully guaranteed for first three years of deal. Key detail: Allen gets a year added to his deal every time #Indiana makes a bowl game. Also, $500,000 has been added to salary pool for assistants and support staff.

$500k to the assistant/staff pool? I mean that's nice and all, but that's not really that much

Reactions: bison13
Maybe he can use that money to have his dental work redone. His teeth look like a mass of white LEGO blocks.

Reactions: paws1957
Contract for @CoachAllenIU: 7 years, $27.3 million, contract fully guaranteed for first three years of deal. Key detail: Allen gets a year added to his deal every time #Indiana makes a bowl game. Also, $500,000 has been added to salary pool for assistants and support staff.
WTF. This is amateur football. I thought everyone worked for free.

Reactions: PS4814
I liked him better when he was the lead in Home Improvement or The Santa Claus movies, but to each his own I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: john4psu
This surprises you? There is a reason teams like his are lucky to win one out of 20 against teams like Penn State.

Dude, maybe they'll win the next five. Phrases such as "teams like his" and "teams like Penn State" make my skin crawl. We're not inherently better than anyone else. Hard work pays dividends and IU is putting in the work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiber
Guy is a little goofy and quirky but I think he is a good coach. Indiana is a tough job in football and they compete hard for him.

Shit, he got a better deal than Superstar Schiano. Big surprise.

I thought Schiano is getting $4mil per year?
Whatever he is getting, there is OUTRAGE here in NJ over his contract. Many upset people, who don't give a rat's ass about Rutgres (well, who really does?) but are very upset over the cost of this.

Whatever he is getting, there is OUTRAGE here in NJ over his contract. Many upset people, who don't give a rat's ass about Rutgres (well, who really does?) but are very upset over the cost of this.

$4 million for the rutgres coach. This is what we’re up against.

Allen's deal is close monetarily and he has a better guarantee. Further, for every year he goes .500 or better, they add that year back to the duration.

Really? I haven't heard any people being upset by it. Perhaps a bit confused how a University can pay $4MM to a coach, but then again, these are people who are not aware of how boosters are typically involved with these things. But, not upset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT