ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Steph Curry doesn’t believe we landed on the moon.

Wait...we landed on the moon?! No hway!

Next you’re going to tell me there’s no such thing as Santa Claus.

Reactions: step.eng69
He's right there's too much carbon dioxide now it makes the atmosphere have too much resistance to big rockets.

Just another example of why actors and athletes are just people and should focus on what they do in their profession. They do not know more and most of the time they actually know less than someone not in the spotlight.

Reactions: We Are . . .
Curry OBVIOUSLY doesn’t know that Alice Kramden first went to the moon in the mid-1950s.
Comic-Alice-Kramden-381x400.jpg

Why does anybody care?
Steph Curry is a prominent person, a role model for kids (and has generally been a very good one). He made a dumb comment and maybe he is generally ignorant about important events and facts. What he says can and should affect his credibility.

If your point is that athletes, actors, and other entertainment figures are often not qualified for comments on public policy, I agree with that. But Curry and others are taken seriously or at least heard on a variety of subjects. As such, it helps if they know very basic facts and it's alarming if they believe a stupid narrative.

I'll be interested to see how he handles this.

Just another example of why actors and athletes are just people and should focus on what they do in their profession. They do not know more and most of the time they actually know less than someone not in the spotlight.
They are also citizens entitled to their opinions though. Even dumb ones.

Steph Curry is a prominent person, a role model for kids (and has generally been a very good one). He made a dumb comment and maybe he is generally ignorant about important events and facts. What he says can and should affect his credibility.
If your point is that athletes, actors, and other entertainment figures are often not qualified for comments on public policy, I agree with that. But Curry and others are taken seriously or at least heard on a variety of subjects. As such, it helps if they know very basic facts and it's alarming if they believe a stupid narrative.
I'll be interested to see how he handles this.

I never understood why certain people get so upset when actors and athletes have opinions. I mean, I suppose I do understand, they disagree with them and don't want them to say opinions that they disagree with. It is sort of a fragile/frail personal trait, but I guess some people are that way. Strange considering that the same thing could be said about certain reality TV stars and yet I am sure you have not one single problem with their opinion. If you don't want to hear it, don't listen.

To be clear, I don't care what they have to say, I don't watch any tabloid tv shows or read anything where their opinions are out there. But I am not outraged that they have an opinion and that if someone interviewing them, asks them for their opinion, they share it. Big deal, get over it, and stop being a baby.

That being said, obviously this is a really dumb opinion to have. And he is rightfully getting called out for his dumb opinion and made to look a fool.

Is the moon landing an opinion?
Certainly, we are all entitled to our opinions, even dumb opinions. But a total falsehood on basic facts is not the same thing.

Same could be said about global warming and evolution.
But yeah, I agree 100% with ya.

Certainly, we are all entitled to our opinions, even dumb opinions. But a total falsehood on basic facts is not the same thing.

He didn't say it didn't happen. He said he doesn't believe it happened. That's an opinion.

today people want their own facts, too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT