ADVERTISEMENT

FC:Sports Reporters canceled on the 4 letter network...

54416893.jpg

I stopped watching it and all espn broadcasts beside selected sporting events in November 2011. Years back, Sports Reporters had a mix of good discussion and bloviating.

Here's a link to the cancellation:

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/01/23/espn-cancels-sports-reporters

I stopped watching the Sports Reporters even before then.
I couldn't stand the majority of them.
I absolutely loathe and detest Mike Lupica and Bob (someone get him some tooth whitening) Ryan.
I did like William Rhoden though and never had an issue with Mitch Albom.

I always wondered with studio had the bigger boobs - ESPN's The Sports Reporters or The View.
Both shows have/had know-it-all narcissistic a-holes, but at least the Sports Reporters were open to different opinions and wouldn't walk out if they didn't like what they heard!

I always wondered with studio had the bigger boobs - ESPN's The Sports Reporters or The View.
Fortunately many people who watch the sports reporters realize they're just blowhards. Unfortunately, many people who watch the View actually think it's news.

I liked the show 15 years ago, but it's just 4 dudes sitting around talking sports. You could get the same thing at a bar for free. There's no reason to pay those guys 6 figures each. It just took espn 30 years to figure that out.

Many liked John Saunders former host of the show. While I wish him no ill will in the hereafter I will never forget his Father's Day rant about Joe a couple of years after the Freeh Report was released and more than enough had been debated about that by the time this happened.

It came out of left field without any recent news story or media rehash prior to that episode which was at the earliest June 2013 if not June 2014.

I thought it showed a real disrespect for Joe as Saunders went on to indicate that Joe didn't deserve to be remembered as a decent man on Father's Day.

For a long time I liked such shows and then it dawned on me...why? They have a ton of time to fill up and they're gonna put something on and try to convince you it's good. They're going to try to convince you to be as interested as possible in every nook and cranny of every sport and sporting event. If they have their way you'll spend all your time watching their guys sitting around BSing.

It's just not that interesting. And it's not necessary. I like watching sports sometimes and I like talking about it sometimes but as someone else said, you can just discuss it with your friends instead of watching some guys being paid to do it on TV.

I don't normally get ESPN but I have it now because I got Sling TV for football season (I'm about to cancel it). I watch games now and then but aside from that the total amount of time I've watched ESPN (or ESPN 2) in the last four months is about two hours. And about one and a half of that was NFL fantasy football shows on Sunday morning that I only watched until I realized that they weren't telling me anything I wasn't getting off the Internet already.

Now and then I turn it on SportsCenter for 30 seconds to marvel at how ridiculous it is. Waste of time.

Reactions: LionJim
The worst part of ESPN is the money they charge cable and satellite providers. Many cable subscribers don't realize how much they are paying for the garbage that comes out of ESPN.

For a long time I liked such shows and then it dawned on me...why? They have a ton of time to fill up and they're gonna put something on and try to convince you it's good. They're going to try to convince you to be as interested as possible in every nook and cranny of every sport and sporting event. If they have their way you'll spend all your time watching their guys sitting around BSing.

It's just not that interesting. And it's not necessary. I like watching sports sometimes and I like talking about it sometimes but as someone else said, you can just discuss it with your friends instead of watching some guys being paid to do it on TV.

I don't normally get ESPN but I have it now because I got Sling TV for football season (I'm about to cancel it). I watch games now and then but aside from that the total amount of time I've watched ESPN (or ESPN 2) in the last four months is about two hours. And about one and a half of that was NFL fantasy football shows on Sunday morning that I only watched until I realized that they weren't telling me anything I wasn't getting off the Internet already.

Now and then I turn it on SportsCenter for 30 seconds to marvel at how ridiculous it is. Waste of time.

hey, if you miss it, find a Bw3. Go in, find a drunk guy at the bar and talk sports with him.
giphy.gif

Any reports of layoffs and job cuts at the Worldwide Leader are welcome news. They became too big, too opinionated, and arrogant.

Except for the support staff who are not responsible for the content.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT