ADVERTISEMENT

FC: RV lot sold out and some info on this post/link

Unbelievable!!!! What should I do now
Bitch to Old Main.........if there is enough bitching perhaps they re-think this asinine policy. Alumni want to be on the PSU campus, by Beaver Stadium, not in camping in Grange Park. That can be done 45 other weekends out of the year if desired.

Nothing will come from the bitching....but it will be fun to call to Old Main and yell at some old people.

I have a feeling this blurb is going to result in a disaster:

"Fans who have not already purchased an RV parking permit should not attempt to park in the official lots near Beaver Stadium. Those fans will be asked to turn around by police and traffic personnel, which will disrupt the flow of traffic heading to Beaver Stadium."

Reactions: psu00
I have a feeling this blurb is going to result in a disaster:

"Fans who have not already purchased an RV parking permit should not attempt to park in the official lots near Beaver Stadium. Those fans will be asked to turn around by police and traffic personnel, which will disrupt the flow of traffic heading to Beaver Stadium."

I noticed that as well... they would be smart to have people and/or signs out warning people so it doesn't come to that (notice I said would be smart... )

Of course, they charge for the shuttle to and from Grange Park.

In any case, it looks like we could have a record amount of overnight meat smoking.

Reactions: Sharkies
Of course, they charge for the shuttle to and from Grange Park.

In any case, it looks like we could have a record amount of overnight meat smoking.

tumblr_m03vtvy2ye1qbxgyvo1_500.gif

The males in my family would borrow an rv from a friend of my brother in law and we used to make a weekend of the night game, I guess that family tradition is over now. Being thrown out of the rv lot, told to park 14 miles away and then being charged $10 to be shuttled to the game? What asshole came up with this idea?

Reactions: psu00
I noticed that as well... they would be smart to have people and/or signs out warning people so it doesn't come to that (notice I said would be smart... )

I recall last year for the Ohio State game there were some RV articles about not showing up game day and some still showed up with their RVs because they either did not believe the article and/or they wanted to prove a point.

It sucks but I'm parking at the fairgrounds. ORV passes for the Pitt game are going for $1200-$2000 on craigslist right now. LOL

The males in my family would borrow an rv from a friend of my brother in law and we used to make a weekend of the night game, I guess that family tradition is over now. Being thrown out of the rv lot, told to park 14 miles away and then being charged $10 to be shuttled to the game? What asshole came up with this idea?
We did the same - had a buddy with an RV went to like 2 games a year. No more. I guess you need to throw more coin at the NLC to get into the club. I know the thought process behind it but it really sucks for people that can only get to a few games a year. What about the visiting fans from other teams with RV's - are they in the same boat?

The RV spots were way to small. They increased the size of the spots by 50%. This obviously lowered the number of spots available. For the people who purchased the ORV season passes they will have a much better weekend experience.

PSU has accomplished what they wanted. Making more money while dealing with fewer RV's

We did the same - had a buddy with an RV went to like 2 games a year. No more. I guess you need to throw more coin at the NLC to get into the club. I know the thought process behind it but it really sucks for people that can only get to a few games a year. What about the visiting fans from other teams with RV's - are they in the same boat?
Something I have been saying for years: The ability of the average fan without "deep pockets" to see a PSU football game in person is being driven to the point of extinction financially.

Something I have been saying for years: The ability of the average fan without "deep pockets" to see a PSU football game in person is being driven to the point of extinction financially.
They are lucky the team had such a good year and is on the rise because otherwise you would never get near 105,000 in the stands again except for twice a year and the other games would be less than 75% full if that. I bet they shrink the seating capacity next and raise ticket prices. The costs and hassles are getting out of hand.

The RV spots were way to small. They increased the size of the spots by 50%. This obviously lowered the number of spots available. For the people who purchased the ORV season passes they will have a much better weekend experience.

PSU has accomplished what they wanted. Making more money while dealing with fewer RV's

The problem is everyone wants to complain, and yes I agree that it sucks for those who were not able to get ORV season passes, yet most are completely uninformed about the decision making process and the reasons why the decisions were made.

I am at peace knowing that this is likely my final year coming down from Upstate NY in my motorhome for a game or two each season... tired of the B.S.

The problem is everyone wants to complain, and yes I agree that it sucks for those who were not able to get ORV season passes, yet most are completely uninformed about the decision making process and the reasons why the decisions were made.
I think we know why the decision was made - the PSU Bluebloods don't want to cross paths with the unwashed masses. I never had an issue in the ORV Lots for the 15 plus years going to games there - spaces a little tight sometimes but almost everyone was accommodating and respectful of their neighbors. Always some exceptions but overall a good time if you can go with the flow. Its always about the money and the fan experience for everyone except some animals are more equal than others to quote George Costanza or was it Orwell - I always get the two confused. Oh and get off my lawn while you are at it or I will charge your for the experience.

Penn State on game day:

I think we know why the decision was made - the PSU Bluebloods don't want to cross paths with the unwashed masses. I never had an issue in the ORV Lots for the 15 plus years going to games there - spaces a little tight sometimes but almost everyone was accommodating and respectful of their neighbors. Always some exceptions but overall a good time if you can go with the flow. Its always about the money and the fan experience for everyone except some animals are more equal than others to quote George Costanza or was it Orwell - I always get the two confused. Oh and get off my lawn while you are at it or I will charge your for the experience.

Yet it was the RV committee (or whatever it is called) which has many ORV customers on it that asked for the bigger spaces and less RVs in the area from my understanding. So in some regard you are correct, some that knew they would still qualify to get ORV even after number being reduced pushed for change.

Yet it was the RV committee (or whatever it is called) which has many ORV customers on it that asked for the bigger spaces and less RVs in the area from my understanding. So in some regard you are correct, some that knew they would still qualify to get ORV even after number being reduced pushed for change.
Was it all season ORV customers only on HOA I think it was called - I think they would be the ones they would cater to but that is not a complete respresentation of their customers.

It's what happens when you go from paying your coach $500,000 to $5,000,000.

The university doesn't care what I think but here's my suggestion. Expand the ORV lot and provide electrical/water/sewage hookups. With the exception of weekend home games, the spaces could be rented out like a typical campground. Some may come simply to spend time in Happy Valley. Some may come for Arts Fest. Some may come for graduation. Some may come over the 4th to have some fun and watch the fireworks. Some may come for other reasons.

My point is the university is always looking for new sources of revenue. RV parking spaces won't produce millions of dollars but at least they'd have appeal outside of football season for alums and friends into the RV lifestyle who enjoy spending time in the area.

So once again the university should go into direct competition with private businesses. Horseshit their business is education. They should not have control of the whole county, but alas they do. Let's perpetuate the culture problem, and keep the minions at bay.

Another thing that rankled me was when they moved the handicapped parking from the north stadium parking to the softball fields two blocks away. The in firmed were pushed out for the benefit of the deep pocket people who do have some spare money to throw at the university. Oh sure, they provided shuttle service, but how many people can fit on a bus when everybody needs to bring their walker/wheelchair/jazzy with them. Now they moved it even farther away and how long will it be before someone gets the bright idea to start charging the handicapped $5/ $10 a pop for that service.

So once again the university should go into direct competition with private businesses. Horseshit their business is education. They should not have control of the whole county, but alas they do. Let's perpetuate the culture problem, and keep the minions at bay.
You missed the point entirely. The facilities would primarily exist to serve football patrons. Instead of leaving them useless the other 358 days of the year they could be used for other purposes.

With your line of thinking no university facility would ever be used for anything other than university events. No PIAA championships at Medlar or Beard. That could hurt other baseball or softball sites. No youth sports camps. That could hurt other towns across the commonwealth which may want to have camps of their own. Shut down the Nittany Lion Inn too. It's taking business away from other area hotels. And where does the creamery get off selling ice cream to the public? It's hurting other ice cream joints.

Well Said.
You missed the point entirely. The facilities would primarily exist to serve football patrons. Instead of leaving them useless the other 358 days of the year they could be used for other purposes.

With your line of thinking no university facility would ever be used for anything other than university events. No PIAA championships at Medlar or Beard. That could hurt other baseball or softball sites. No youth sports camps. That could hurt other towns across the commonwealth which may want to have camps of their own. Shut down the Nittany Lion Inn too. It's taking business away from other area hotels. And where does the creamery get off selling ice cream to the public? It's hurting other ice cream joints.

The Sleeping Giant awakes and looks over it's Kingdom. A modern day Game of Thrones; Bring me the Gold, and my armies will win. The way has been Lost. I would think the land grant was proposed to help people succeed, and learn to feed themselves through the fruits of their labor. An institution to yield knowledge and research to those industrious enough to harvest the rewards of an education, and provide for their families and others, opportunities for self betterment. But alas the noble experiment, has become a voracious tornado sucking the money out of the hands of its alumni. Yea, I've said myself sitting at the head of the table, You know, you can't change the world, it is what it is. Existential as it is, some line was crossed. And the culture has changed. Bureaucrats in government and business have lost their way. Yes their is a culture problem, but it is not one of people working hard to provide for themselves. It is hidden behind the sacred doors of the institutions we put our trust and hope in, and then we turn around and let them sodomize us. So believe what you wish, put your trust where you want, but don't put your head in the sand. The last five years should have taught us something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT