ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Russia banned from winter games

giphy.gif

And you know this how?

It's my opinion... but I think there's a good case to be made with:

Marion Jones
Lance Armstrong

Even Carl Lewis tested positive once, although he said it was cold medicine.

"Carl Lewis has broken his silence on allegations that he was the beneficiary of a drugs cover-up, admitting he had tested positive for banned substances but claiming he was just one of "hundreds" of American athletes who were allowed to escape bans. "There were hundreds of people getting off," he said"

LdN

Marion Jones
Lance Armstrong

"Carl Lewis has broken his silence on allegations that he was the beneficiary of a drugs cover-up, admitting he had tested positive for banned substances but claiming he was just one of "hundreds" of American athletes who were allowed to escape bans. "There were hundreds of people getting off," he said"

LdN
Wow. Cherry picked three athletes, who collectively last won an Olympic medal in 2000. That's "a good case to be made?" Your statement is ridiculous on its face compared to what Russia/USSR has been doing for the last 40 years or so.

Marion Jones
Lance Armstrong

LdN
Nice. So it's your opinion that "The US is the biggest abuser of "systemic doping" or whatever it's called in the world." And to back this up you throw out three names of individuals? smh

Yet, surely you just read the article that referenced "The McLaren Report, released in two parts by the World Anti-Doping Agency in July and December 2016". This report "detailed the doping and subsequent cover-up by the Russian state. It started as far back as 2011 and involves at least the 2012 Olympics in London and the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, though the IOC panel was only asked to rule on the doping that occurred during the 2014 Olympics. Over 1,000 athletes were involved."

Yet, it's your opinion that the...:oops::mad::eek::rolleyes:

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Time to play the old man card... but the Olympics have not been the same since they allowed for professionals.

That said, not sure why Russia is falling on the sword here. The US is the biggest abuser of "systemic doping" or whatever it's called in the world.

LdN

What? Russia had like all sports banned from the last summer Olympics and for some reason they just let most of them in anyway. Probably same thing will happen here.

Marion Jones
Lance Armstrong

LdN

Don’t confuse occasional athletes who cheat with a state sponsored doping program and state sponsored cover up (and replacement) of drug results and urine samples.

Reading what the FSB did in Sochi with secret openings in the walls between adjacent buildings of the drug testing center so Russian samples could be switched out for clean samples without people knowing and the tell all whistleblowing by former Russian officials is on a scale much larger than an occasional athlete cheating. (There’s a good article from about 1-2 years ago from a Russian official that spilled the beans. I think he even detailed how Russian officials in charge suddenly died before exposing it etc. Sorry I don’t have the link handy).

What? Russia had like all sports banned from the last summer Olympics and for some reason they just let most of them in anyway. Probably same thing will happen here.
I read that the clean Russian athletes will be allowed to compete. Since the Russians were tampering with samples, how can they determine who was really clean and who wasn't? Weird logic....

Wow. Cherry picked three athletes, who collectively last won an Olympic medal in 2000. That's "a good case to be made?" Your statement is ridiculous on its face compared to what Russia/USSR has been doing for the last 40 years or so.

The man LOVES Russia, what can ya say. Russia and confederates for some reason.

Marion Jones
Lance Armstrong

LdN
Well then this proves it - your opinion is fact and you are wrong - it’s the Russians and it not even close.

Marion Jones
Lance Armstrong

LdN
You know the difference between state sponsored cheating and idiots cheating on their own? Kind of hard to make that leap in this case.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Time to play the old man card... but the Olympics have not been the same since they allowed for professionals.

That said, not sure why Russia is falling on the sword here. The US is the biggest abuser of "systemic doping" or whatever it's called in the world.

LdN

Care to provide source for your opinion.

Who cares. Olympics are a sad joke anymore. Let them dope up all they want and have at each other. If anyone has a serious doubt as to who will garner the most medals, put your money on it.

There are a bunch of Russian Olympic hopefuls regretting their “decision” to transition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT