ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Recommendations for gameday radios

NEPA_Lion

Dec 31, 2013
I have a tried a few cheap options but failed miserably on getting a decent radio to listen to the jones/ham broadcast during games. Can someone recommend a good radio that gets good signal and works well? Thanks

I use my Apple iPod nano -- very small, light, & good reception. Just make sure you start with a full charge -- 3.5 hrs is a test for the battery.

Reactions: NEPA_Lion
I know many will strongly disagree, but I'm no fan of Mr. Jones. Wish Ham called the game by himself.

Reactions: bytir
I have a tried a few cheap options but failed miserably on getting a decent radio to listen to the jones/ham broadcast during games. Can someone recommend a good radio that gets good signal and works well? Thanks

Your phone may be able to tune in fm radio if the communication chips in your phone are properly enabled. You just need an fm tuner app and then you're all set. There's really no rhyme or reason on which phones have the chips enabled. Just Google your model and radio tuner and you should find out pretty quickly if you can use your phone. If you can, it works pretty well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT