ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: The Mandalorian Season Finale - What is the opposite of 'jumping the shark'....?

A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

No spoilers in this post but HOLY. F'NG. SH*T. If you were a kid in the 70s and 80s and have been totally let down by everything since Return of the Jedi, this show should be a hard market correction for you. I couldn't help myself from smiling throughout the last 10 minutes. It's everything any Star Wars fan has ever wanted. Just - wow. And be sure to watch the post-credits sequence. You have to believe at this point Jon Favreau can do anything he wants at Disney. They must trust him unequivocally.

Feel free to spoil the season/episode below.

the-mandalorian-is-a-side-stroy-i-am-star-wars-now-kylo-ren-baby-yoda.jpg

I guess I’m the anomaly. This series complete sucked. Every episode was exactly the same

if I wasn’t making a point to watch it with my son. I wouldn’t have made it past4 episodes

I guess I’m the anomaly. This series complete sucked. Every episode was exactly the same

if I wasn’t making a point to watch it with my son. I wouldn’t have made it past4 episodes
And every person I know who watched it said the same thing

I totally get that; seems like it's really formulaic - Mando needs help with something, has to go somewhere, people will help but only if he helps them with something, he does, rinse, repeat. But, the finale was a game changer IMO. Sorry you didn't like it. I do think you're in the minority.

I totally get that; seems like it's really formulaic - Mando needs help with something, has to go somewhere, people will help but only if he helps them with something, he does, rinse, repeat. But, the finale was a game changer IMO. Sorry you didn't like it. I do think you're in the minority.
The whole Moff Gideon thing was completely ....terrible. I mean this. It was the worst series I’ve ever seen

If it wasn’t. “Star Wars” I firmly believe it would have been cancelled after 3 episodes

The whole Moff Gideon thing was completely ....terrible. I mean this. It was the worst series I’ve ever seen

I think putting the show in the proper context/timeline is important. I get that you don't like it but, I thought the Moff Gideon stuff at the end was awesome. Sure, I'm tired as anyone of seeing Giancarlo Esposito play the Empire version of Gus Frang, but he was pretty clever - knew he probably wouldn't win, so went down against Mando, which would pit him against Bo Katan for the Darksaber. If it's the worst you've seen probably not much in this thread for you.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I'm not crazy enough to have a Star Wars mancave, but I do find the Mandalorien good entertainment.

Outstanding ending. Interested on where they go now in season 3. Favreau shoud have done the last two movies!

Ending was clever in a lot of ways; frees the creative team up from the constant 'threat' to the child, and allows them to pursue other storylines in the world (Bo Katan's quest for Mandalor, Boba Fett appearing to take over Jabba's empire, rebuilding of Empire vs. Rebels, etc.). Then, you have Luke and Ashoka and Grogu as Jedi.

I think putting the show in the proper context/timeline is important. I get that you don't like it but, I thought the Moff Gideon stuff at the end was awesome. Sure, I'm tired as anyone of seeing Giancarlo Esposito play the Empire version of Gus Frang, but he was pretty clever - knew he probably wouldn't win, so went down against Mando, which would pit him against Bo Katan for the Darksaber. If it's the worst you've seen probably not much in this thread for you.
After the 3rd episode. I said “this Mandolorian guy is the dumbest mother ****er I’ve ever seen on tv”. After that realization... it’s unwatchable

After the 3rd episode. I said “this Mandolorian guy is the dumbest mother ****er I’ve ever seen on tv”. After that realization... it’s unwatchable
Especially when he is supposed to be this great warrior

No spoilers in this post but HOLY. F'NG. SH*T. If you were a kid in the 70s and 80s and have been totally let down by everything since Return of the Jedi, this show should be a hard market correction for you. I couldn't help myself from smiling throughout the last 10 minutes. It's everything any Star Wars fan has ever wanted. Just - wow. And be sure to watch the post-credits sequence. You have to believe at this point Jon Favreau can do anything he wants at Disney. They must trust him unequivocally.

This series is f'n incredible. Its what all 6 of the other prequels/sequels tried to be and should have been.

Midnighter lapping up whatever mainstream corporate drivel that is shoved in front of his face? Shocked I tell you!

It is a western. A bad one.
That being said, not many westerns on these days so I enjoy it.

LdN

BRO. WHEN LUKE SHOWED UP.....

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

lol... when the x wing fighter flew in and refused to answer the call, my daughters and I were all in unison pleading, let it be Luke, let it be Luke, let it be Luke.... lol... me, because it took me back to my early childhood.... them, because as teenage girls watching with their dad, they have decided Luke is cute....

lol... when the x wing fighter flew in and refused to answer the call, my daughters and I were all in unison pleading, let it be Luke, let it be Luke, let it be Luke.... lol... me, because it took me back to my early childhood.... them, because as teenage girls watching with their dad, they have decided Luke is cute....

Have you seen this...
2f753c2d8e21ea1396511bd688d5dc7f

There is the perfect actor to continue with.

The thing I just don't get with everything Star Wars is this. The prevailing technology is off the charts with gravity drives, light sabres, etc. Yet every place they land is an absolute shithole.

Kind of like our cities and some very poor rural areas...

Reactions: Nittany_93
I marked the F out. Jedi blows in. Green light saber! Taking out the dark troopers like crazy! One hand is gloved!? No way. Could...it...be...yes!!!!
When Grogu was communing with the force I said you know which Jedi was looking for other Young Jedi during this time period?

When I saw the single X Wing docking during the tense finale I let go of the bad shit and allowed myself to be a 7 year old kid again for a few minutes. Fun stuff.

Just finished it. Saw a spoiler yesterday about Luke so the surprise was gone for me. Still really good. Dark troopers, dark saber - both bad ass. Luke kicked all kind of azz. Interesting to watch Mando "job clean in the middle of the ring" to Luke, meaning he rightfully recognized Luke's power.

Just finished it. Saw a spoiler yesterday about Luke so the surprise was gone for me. Still really good. Dark troopers, dark saber - both bad ass. Luke kicked all kind of azz. Interesting to watch Mando "job clean in the middle of the ring" to Luke, meaning he rightfully recognized Luke's power.

Once you saw the green lightsaber the jig was up; still, the reveal was really, really well done and worth it. The force 'body crush' Luke gave to the last Dark Trooper was great; I am told this is the era of 'Jedi Master Luke' and that he is at peak Jedi power - will be interesting to see how big of a part Luke plays going forward.

So here's a downer. This just means Grogu is gonna get slaughtered by Ben/Kylo in about ten years in star wars universe time :(

Unless he somehow escapes (say some sneaky, Mandalorian gets him to safety before Kylo goes bananas?)....;).

And this doesn't even mention Swingers and launching Vince Vaughn's career.

7b0b1d333a47ccd0410bb90fdef1a4cc.jpg

You know Favreau has clout when the studio gives him enough money to direct and star in a food truck movie where he casts Scarlett Johansson as his girlfriend and Sofia Vergara as his ex-wife...

9756581.0.jpg

So here's a downer. This just means Grogu is gonna get slaughtered by Ben/Kylo in about ten years in star wars universe time :(

This has definitely come up in the geekier corners of the interwebs. This had to be in the minds of Favreau and any other writers/plotters when they crafted this ending to Season 2.

My thought is that — knowing the popularity of the character and that people would absolutely abhor him meeting that fate — the writers down the road will come up with some storyline wherein Grogu eventually goes elsewhere and is far away when Kylo loses his sh*t... and then throughout the entire 3rd trilogy. Something about he was so naturally talented that he completed his training quickly and then was needed for a mission in another galaxy farther, farther away... for another spinoff series. :)

This has definitely come up in the geekier corners of the interwebs. This had to be in the minds of Favreau and any other writers/plotters when they crafted this ending to Season 2.

My thought is that — knowing the popularity of the character and that people would absolutely abhor him meeting that fate — the writers down the road will come up with some storyline wherein Grogu eventually goes elsewhere and is far away when Kylo loses his sh*t... and then throughout the entire 3rd trilogy. Something about he was so naturally talented that he completed his training quickly and then was needed for a mission in another galaxy farther, farther away... for another spinoff series. :)
And to sell more plushies. That is the true calling of a Jedi. At least the non-human ones.

Hey Midnighter.
Thanks for the post and heads up.
I watched the final two episodes last night based on your original post.
Really enjoyed them and since there was no spoiler it was great.

I caught a joke in episode 7 or 8 about the death star and they said "which one" and they said something like don't be stupid. I guess that solidified the timeline for this show to me.

I think getting rid of BY temporarily is a good thing. And now there is some more animosity between Mando and Starbuck due to the saber.

In episode 7 they shot the best villain actor when drinking to celebrate the delivery of the materials. His last name is Brake and I hope he comes back. Plays a great Villan

LdN

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT