ADVERTISEMENT

fc OT the hits keep on coming for the Eagles OL Driscoll shut down for the year..

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
Injuries have been a constant on the Eagles offensive line this season and they aren’t stopping as we get close to the end of the year.

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that right tackle Jack Driscoll will miss the rest of the season with a sprained MCL. Driscoll is a fourth-round pick who has started four of the 11 games he’s played this season.

Two of those starts came in the last two weeks because Lane Johnson has been shut down for the year with an ankle injury. The Eagles also have left tackle Andre Dillard, right guard Brandon Brooks, guard/tackle Jason Peters, and guard Sua Opeta on injured reserve.

All of the missing pieces have led to a lot of shuffling up front for the Eagles and now they’ll do some more ahead of Sunday’s game against the Cardinals.

@sluggo72 @WestSideLion and others: I thought you might find Baldy's opinion rather interesting

Thanks Tom! You really don’t think they bring JP back? Teasing.
it looks to me they have 3 for 2 spots. They have a #1 invested in Dillard so what do you ?
I don’t see Kelce retiring. So 73 stays at LG Can Dillard get moved to RT? I know he didn’t play there very well, but if you move him and leave him there can he play? If so, do you trade Lane and free up some cap and get some value? IDK
How to they think Brooks comes back? If not as string do you keep Lane and put Dillard at RG??
It will be as interesting to see as it will be to see what they do w Hurts/ Wentz

@sluggo72 @WestSideLion and others: I thought you might find Baldy's opinion rather interesting

Mailata always was a lotto ticket. He had truly rare measurables and agility, but needed to learn the game. Perhaps he’s a major silver lining this year. The next question is what happens with Dillard? Do the sell low and trade him or is the growing smoke about Lane being a cap casualty correct? They could open up RT between Driscoll, Dillard and whomever.

Cap math says the OL will look A LOT different in 2021.

Reactions: sluggo72
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT