ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: RIP Joseph ‘Animal’ Laurenitis (Road Warriors, Legion of Doom)....

A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Wow, only 60. Road Warriors were my favorites. I’d wake up early Saturday mornings and watch NWA wrestling and laugh at the obviously overproduced and staged WWF stuff. These guys were my heroes for a good five- six years...

I guess I was living under a rock but I didn't realize he was James Laurenitis's father.
Because once I found out, I assumed there must have been a million ESPN personal stories. Then again I flip the channel when those comes on because I don't care.

Rest in Peace.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Only 60? Wow.

So, this guy and Gale Sayers so far today. And Keith Richards just smiles and snorts another line.

Wrestlers age in dog years. Not only the roids, but being on the road constantly leads many to drinking excessively, pain pills and coke or speed to get through the matches. This generation of wrestlers seem to be more healthy, but the guys from the 80’s seem to be in collectively horrible shape.

Hawk and Animal were known to be real tough guys in and out of the ring. Hawk in particular was known to be a certifiable maniac.. He only made it to 46.

Reactions: IANit and katchthis
Read an article about the Road Warriors meeting this morning. Both were bouncers in Minnesota. While lifting at the same gym, Hawk slapped Animal on the chest during a 365 lbs incline bench press rep.

Holy cow. Doomsday Device is still one of the best finishing moves ever as well.

They were the greatest Tag Team ever. Road Warriors. Came out to "Iron man"

I think I got into pro wrestling when we lived in North Carolina - must have been about 4th grade for me. The NWA was on Saturday mornings - Midnight Express, Rock n' Roll Express, Road Warriors, Sam Houston, Freebirds, Von Erichs, Dusty Roads, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, etc. I remember going to a match at a local NC high school. Road Warriors were my favorite though; one year for Halloween my Dad cut up some cardboard, painted them black, and fashioned some shoulder pads out of them, painted some sugar cones silver, and glued them to the makeshift pads as 'spikes'. I would always pretend to be 'Hawk', my brother loved 'Animal.' 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I got into pro wrestling when we lived in North Carolina - must have been about 4th grade for me. The NWA was on Saturday mornings - Midnight Express, Rock n' Roll Express, Road Warriors, Sam Houston, Freebirds, Von Erichs, Dusty Roads, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, etc. I remember going to a match at a local NC high school. Road Warriors were my favorite though; one year for Halloween my Dad cut up some cardboard and fashioned some shoulder pads out of them, painted some sugar cones silver, and glued them to the makeshift pads as 'spikes'. 😂
Cool story.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I was in line checking bags at Greater Pitt Airport back in late 80's and saw a "beautiful" girl walk by. Turned around and Randy "Macho Man" Savage was standing behind me in line. The woman was "Miss Elizabeth". Glad I didn't "wolf whistle" or something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT