ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Georgia baseball player dismissed from team after shouting racist remarks....

• Thread starter anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

at QB Justin Fields. WTF.

The Georgia Bulldogs baseball team has reportedly dismissed first baseman Adam Sasser over racial slurs he allegedly shouted from the stands at Georgia quarterback Justin Fields during Saturday’s home win over Tennessee.

Sasser’s behavior at the game reportedly came to light via a Facebook post from a fellow Georgia student named Klarisa Gulebian, whose group of friends sat near Sasser and observed him making “racist comments” during the fourth quarter of the game:

She had left to take a phone call during the fourth quarter of the contest, and she returned to a large disturbance involving her friends, Africa Buggs and Sierra Buckner, along with several other students.

Gulebian said she was told Sasser had been making the racist comments and had been asked by other students to stop. He initially had agreed, but then continued anyway.

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart called the alleged behavior “really unacceptable” and indicated he’d addressed the matter with Fields, who was the apparent target of the slurs. Georgia indicated Monday that it was reviewing the incident as a potential violation of the school’s Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy, and announced Sasser’s dismissal from the baseball team Wednesday afternoon.

giphy.gif

Unacceptable. I wouldn’t want that associated with my university. The kid has nobody but himself to blame for getting the boot. The kid seems to be taking ownership (at least from what I saw on Twitter when he admitted what he did and apologized to everyone). Nobody is beyond a second chance but he will need to get the new chance at a new school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT