ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Alec Baldwin involved in fatal accidental shooting on set…

Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone hands you a gun, you are responsible to check if it is loaded. Now with it being a prop, he could have opened the gun and saw rounds but assumed they were blanks. I am sure a civil suit will be started

No charges ever filed in previous incidents of this. Workplace accident (though preventable).

Which makes sense until you ask yourself why Baldwin wasn’t injured is this is what happened.
And if one person was already shot it doesn't make much sense for him to literally pull the trigger a second time. Obviously more details will come out but what little has been said so far doesn't quite add up. Sad situation all around though.

Several unanswered questions as he didn’t fire it at another actor during a scene. Why did he point the gun at the director and film crew lady? Why did he pull the trigger after pointing it at them? Why was it loaded with a live round (apparently)? What a nightmare for her family.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and BBrown
He was a producer too. My guess is zero liability.
So Baldwin picks up a pistol, doesn't bother clearing the pistol, points it at someone, pulls the trigger, and someone dies and another injured. All in the name of making a f#ucking movie. And he will not face charges?

So I guess we should all be allowed to get on a set, dust as many Hollywood clowns as we can and walk away?

Note: not directed at you, just a general comment on this bullshit.

Several unanswered questions as he didn’t fire it at another actor during a scene. Why did he point the gun at the director and film crew lady? Why did he pull the trigger after pointing it at them? Why was it loaded with a live round (apparently)? What a nightmare for her family.
I will make a guess, the scene could have called for a close up of Baldwin's character shooting. Cinematographer and director were behind camera to make sure the scene was lined up. Appears that the bullet/projectile went thru cinematographer and lodged into the director. No clue why it was loaded. Tragic indeed.

So Baldwin picks up a pistol, doesn't bother clearing the pistol, points it at someone, pulls the trigger, and someone dies and another injured. All in the name of making a f#ucking movie. And he will not face charges?

So I guess we should all be allowed to get on a set, dust as many Hollywood clowns as we can and walk away?

Stick with rocks.

Yeah, but if I understood the prop/ stunt guy in the video above they will not usually shoot at the camera- it will be offset so nothing is aimed at the camera or people. If they ever do a straight on shot at the camera there is no one there as the camera is operated remotely.

Clearly there was a break (breaks?) in protocol here. It will be interesting to hear what the investigation finds. You’d think after the deaths of Jon Erik Hexum and Brandon Lee this would be strictly enforced on set.

Reactions: BBrown and 91Joe95
Blame game on crap like this is just pure sh!t. Someone is dead and there was no intent. Our species is slow to evolve. I'm sure the reason will come out as to why or how this occurred.

People die, it's all just an accident. Gotta love the bureaucratic mentality.

Reactions: PAgeologist

Honestly, it's not the actors job to know if a weapon is loaded; these guys are told to do something, they do it, they call it a day. The prop people are at fault here, but it's an awful tragedy all the way around and could have been prevented. Might be a wrongful death suit...

I don't know the details behind this accident but why would you use a loaded pistol on a movie set.

Last edited:
Oh, and he took down his tweets with the bloody shirt.
Taken before the incident. It was a costume. From a movie scene. You "forgot" to mention that.

Or is it that you, once again, let one of your favorite sources make a fool out of you?

My brother told me that the crew was not IATSE, so likely non-union people and maybe not all the safety protocols were being followed. If it was in fact a live round it almost sounds like reckless sabotage.

Reactions: step.eng69
My brother told me that the crew was not IATSE, so likely non-union people and maybe not all the safety protocols were being followed. If it was in fact a live round it almost sounds like reckless sabotage.

Wow, that's kind of nuts if true, given all the IATSE stuff going on lately.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Taken before the incident. It was a costume. From a movie scene. You "forgot" to mention that.

I wasn't making any commentary on it. He's the one who felt compelled to post something like that as if it were appropriate, and then remove it without comment. If you want my commentary on him, I think he's a vile hypocrit for the things he said to his daughter, but it's immaterial to this event. There, now you can feel better.

I wasn't making any commentary on it. He's the one who felt compelled to post something like that as if it were appropriate, and then remove it without comment. If you want my commentary on him, I think he's a vile hypocrit for the things he said to his daughter, but it's immaterial to this event. There, now you can feel better.

Might have just been the 'tasteful' and respectful thing to do...

Hours before the tragedy unfolded, Alec, 63, posed in character on the movie set – located just outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico.

The movie star was dressed in old western gear, including dirty cowboy boots, a vest, and a bandana.

He slumped over as he held a jacket in one hand and a cowboy hat in the other.

The Instagram post has since been deleted.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Again, the post was made before the incident....and removed after the incident. Most rational folks would do that, doncha think?

Sorry, you are just being silly. Move on.

I think the cynics want this to be a Robert Blake kind of scenario, tho, to fit their agendas.

I'd mildly curious to know who your twisted brain thinks these people are. Blake was deliberate murder, at best I only see people who think he may have been flippant, but not premeditated. Ah, the mind of the unhinged.

I'd mildly curious to know who your twisted brain thinks these people are. Blake was deliberate murder, at best I only see people who think he may have been flippant, but not premeditated. Ah, the mind of the unhinged.
LULZ.

Unhinged he sez.

I certainly do agree that you are curious.....and curiouser.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Spoken like someone who worships Hollyweird and/or never learned how to handle a firearm.
I think it more of defending someone with a similar political persuasion than anything - politics seems to be able to seep into any topic no matter how benign it may be.

Reactions: PAgeologist
I don't know how much we would agree on political and social matters but I have to laud you for your signature photo. It beats all the others hands down. Please don't change it.

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
It’s not a defense - it’s SOP on a movie set. They’re supposed to be props.
Nah. If you're holding a gun and point at someone and pull the trigger, you'd better know whether it's loaded. The "some other guy told me" defense only gets you so far.
You would think Baldwin, who is no rookie actor, would at a minimum ask to verify blanks were loaded in the gun and have it inspected prior to shooting the scene. Then not allow that firearm to leave his possession. Especially knowing there would be people in his line of fire. There are probably several identical firearms at the set, loaded with who knows what. Lots of mistakes made in this one by several people.

You would think Baldwin, who is no rookie actor, would at a minimum ask to verify blanks were loaded in the gun and have it inspected prior to shooting the scene. Then not allow that firearm to leave his possession. Especially knowing there would be people in his line of fire. There are probably several identical firearms at the set, loaded with who knows what. Lots of mistakes made in this one by several people.
No.

Accept that you are wrong. I know that is prolly real tough for you, tho.

Reactions: odshowtime
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT