ADVERTISEMENT

fc OT A friend of mine has an article in the Washington Pos, Could Cali's ocean Ranches..

it is under subscription (but if you right click, and open in an incognito window.......)

Reactions: sluggo72
For those who have Google Chrome, you can go into settings and block websites from locking onto your cookies, and you can view the sites for free, or not be blocked from viewing( LAIR).

What is this Washington POS you refer to?
Whatever, but there are real people behind the stories, and as I mentioned, I happen to know one of those people, and thought I would share. I happen to think the guy is really talented and as a unique set of skills . He is getting his PHD in marine biology at Scripps, and has won several underwater photo contests. I wish I could take photos that go into his delete file.

Hard to feed the world on bivalves
Seriously, thinking outside the box about how to feed the world has been on scientists minds for some time now, i remember reading a National Geographic article about a vertical hydroponic farm in old warehouses. I believe they were in Detroit of all places.
The artificial reef is a great idea and most likely in those waters could be profitable.
In my opinion maybe in 200 years this planet will need such things for food but clean water - drinking water will be needed much sooner.

A much larger discussion could be about scientific mutations in plants and are those a benefit or harmful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT