ADVERTISEMENT

fc on the long screen to Dobbins, did anyone notice who made the tackle

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
I know it was a long gain, but watch who makes the tackle....

after being knocked down in the endzone, 54 hustles his ass off and has his hands on him first!! That's alot of running, he could have just stayed down. And the way those other guys around Dobbins tackle, I doubt they could have gotten him down without 54!

after being knocked down in the endzone, 54 hustles his ass off and has his hands on him first!! That's alot of running, he could have just stayed down. And the way those other guys around Dobbins tackle, I doubt they could have gotten him down without 54!

I thought Windsor had a really good game.

Yep good and bad...great that Windsor hustled like a madman to make the tackle....bad that he was like the 8th guy who had a chance

Reactions: BBrown
Yep good and bad...great that Windsor hustled like a madman to make the tackle....bad that he was like the 8th guy who had a chance
yup! you look at some of the angles to the ball and you have to scratch your head. I said several times, if we never played a LBer with a number < 8 again, it wouldnt hurt my feelings.

Reactions: PSUfiji

Our LBs were terrible on that play. A blind man could see a screen was forming but we did not attack the play.

yup! you look at some of the angles to the ball and you have to scratch your head. I said several times, if we never played a LBer with a number < 8 again, it wouldnt hurt my feelings.
Yep. Really a shame. #21 made the force and there was no one there to fill and make the play.

Last edited:
Thought Windsor looked really smooth running down field...almost like a fullback.

He was also one of the guys trying to run down Victor at the end of the play on the 47 yard TD pass.

+1 It's great to see hustle, I hate it when I see guys 5-10 yards behind the play not go all out.

On the Victor TD, Ohio States tight end #13 stayed in to pass protect and was beside Haskins when he let go of the ball. He wound up passing Victor and getting the final block on the safety

Reactions: mn78psu83
Too many guys not wrapping up with their arms, just trying - and failing - to knock them down by taking their legs out, usually at a bad angle

Yea I like TCF coverage ability but has to learn to wrap up. He was horrible at tackling on Sat. night.
Hopefully it will get corrected. I thought Garret Taylor was pretty bad in the APP ST. game and he really improved so there is hope.

Pretty sure this is the guy who finally made the tackle ...
20c81b1abb93a07880027ee35b9d2aa9fccb7b4e.jpg

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT