ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Not that I really care but sounds like Golic and Greeny are ice cold to each other

And staffers saying not surprised if show is pulled before its contractual end at the end of year ... I will take immense joy in not having to read what golic said on the air about joe and PSU anymore http://www.crossingbroad.com/2017/05/mike-and-mike-hate-each-other.html

SVP's solo radio show was the best on ESPN I ever heard. Covered the gamut, but really paid a lot of attention to college football and recruiting before there were dedicated shows on TV to it every day. Also had Carl from ATHF do his 'Stone Cold Lock of the Centure of the Week' segment during the NFL season and that was great. He had just the right balance. Once he began to transition to his late night show and they allowed him to get that shlubby sidekick his show went downhill (where it currently resides). Can't believe it's this hard to have a compelling radio show about sports, but damned if ESPN can't figure it out.

It was completely unlistenable even before they went full potato on Joe and PSU. A nobody meathead ex-jock and a wannabe Howard Cosell with a fake radio voice...

Yup. Half the show is about them, their wives, their kids, how *they* view the world and what happens in sports. Dudes - we don't care. Have compelling guests, ask good questions, let fans call in to discuss, and re-cap what happened in sports. No one cares what your wife tweeted.

It was completely unlistenable even before they went full potato on Joe and PSU. A nobody meathead ex-jock and a wannabe Howard Cosell with a fake radio voice...
A few days after the scandal broke, I ran into an acquaintance at my son's baseball game. He knows I went to PSU. Says to me "do you listen to Mike and Mike?" "Yeah, never" I tell him. "They quoted me! They quoted me! Jason from ______just texted "if that's not lack of institutional control I don't know what is". He was over the moon excited. I said "Hmmm, the Domer and the wimp....I wouldn't be wearing that as a badge of honor". Really deflated him.

Good riddance to them. I am done with ESPN completely unless they have a must-see game on. However, the problem is the other networks are not any better with regards to PSU. FOX's Clay Travis (whom I otherwise like) recently stated on his show that Penn State "covered up child rape over a long time period". WTF? Doug Gottleib also gave legitimacy to the obviously fake 1971 and 1976 accusations that claimed they told Paterno.

Last edited:
Doug Gottleib also gave legitimacy to the obviously face 1971 and 1976 accusations that claimed they told Paterno.
You would think Gottieb would be a little better than that. He played HS basketball for Tommy McClusky.

I read something today that Greenberg makes $6.5 million per year. I almost dropped my drink when I read that. That guy is such a wannabe jocksniffer that he shouldn't even be making $650K.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Guess Greeny saw the writing on the wall with his large contract and all the cuts at espn and is bailing before he is shown the door
I'm not a fan, but he isn't leaving. He is getting his own higher profile morning show on the main network.

I read something today that Greenberg makes $6.5 million per year. I almost dropped my drink when I read that. That guy is such a wannabe jocksniffer that he shouldn't even be making $650K.

I saw an article with the highest paid sportscasters and at $6.5mm per year, he would be third highest paid in the country, behind only Rome and Costas, and above Patrick, Michaels, and Bayless. That is stunning.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I saw an article with the highest paid sportscasters and at $6.5mm per year, he would be third highest paid in the country, behind only Rome and Costas, and above Patrick, Michaels, and Bayless. That is stunning.

I have it on good authority that his salary is in the $3mm range per year. But who knows.

Don't leave your credit card out where worm Gottlieb can see it.

Yeah, former basketball player not good enough for NBA, yet has a criminal record, becomes a national radio host for a major network during a coveted time slot. I'm not sure what people think is so great about this guy. He took over the 3-6pm slot on Fox Sports (I listen to 1460 in Harrisburg) and I think his show isn't great. However, unfortunately its still much better than the only other sports radio option at that time, PC Bromoni Jones on ESPN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT