ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Judge orders release of Sandusky settlement records

Oy vey. You guys are all caught up in waiting to attack people. I am with you. I have stated on here many times that Mike's actions make the whole narrative absurd. The point I am making is that at any point, anybody that was aware of what happened at that time could/should have called authorities. He didn't. They didn't because he didn't tell them anything that would tell them to do so. But, regardless of whether he did or not, if they suspected something they would have been in the right to call the authorities. I am left with assumption that the reason they didn't is because Mike didn't give them a reason to.
There you go. And all the reactions to McQ's report indicate horseplay, which is what Schultz told Courtney. If McQ had reported suspected anal intercourse to his dad, Dranov, Joe etc., the shitstorm would have occurred in '01, not ten years later.

Certainly don't have to repeat it to me. I am fully aware of this fact. I am anxiously awaiting to hear what these guys have to say. I believe they did what they thought was right, did what they were counseled to do with the information they were presented with. My point simply is that if ever you think a child is in some sort of danger (sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect) make the call.
This is Joe's silver lining...

Sadly...with Lubrano saying they are preparing a statement...makes me sick to my stomach....here we go again. Get used the the word "alleged", the phrase "sources have confirmed"....anything the bull shit media can use...wish I could be in europe or somewhere late next month...

Reactions: Ski and step.eng69
Someone explain to me why in the world settlement records are being unsealed! I thought the whole purpose of settlements was that they were unverified claims meant to be kept confidential due to the fact that they haven't been tested in the courtroom. I've never heard of settlement records being released like this simply because the news media asked a judge, "pretty please."

Sadly...with Lubrano saying they are preparing a statement...makes me sick to my stomach....here we go again. Get used the the word "alleged", the phrase "sources have confirmed"....anything the bull shit media can use...wish I could be in europe or somewhere late next month...
Hay Bkmtnitt...this was on the board this morning .
Quotes from Franco, Eileen Morgan, and Rob Tribeck

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016...ues-joe-paterno-support/#.V19Q4UtdUok.twitter

maybe i am being a bit paranoid...but i can't help but think that the timing of this goes hand in hand with the OGBOT not wanting to honor JVP on Sept 17th. So put out some garbage at the end of July....the slowest sports news part of the year....just so that it stick's in the public's mind.

Someone explain to me why in the world settlement records are being unsealed! I thought the whole purpose of settlements was that they were unverified claims meant to be kept confidential due to the fact that they haven't been tested in the courtroom. I've never heard of settlement records being released like this simply because the news media asked a judge, "pretty please."

Would you believe psu's lawyers "accidentally " screwed up and referenced them in their brief?

It is a surprise and I haven't seen the actual ruling. Below are the snippets of justification I've seen from different news outlets. The bolded part is interesting. Maybe some attorneys here can clarify that part of the rationale behind the release.

“Under the state and federal constitutions and common law, the public’s right of access to civil court records and the public’s continued concern regarding the unfortunate events underlying this coverage action weigh heavily in favor of unsealing this record,” Glazer wrote.

“The presumption of openness has not been rebutted by the Pennsylvania State University. The mediation privilege does not protect materials prepared for and submitted in these consolidated civil cases. The victims’ privacy can and will be protected by redaction of their names and other identifying information,” he wrote.

Reactions: 91Joe95

Because Penn State has an incompetent legal team that settled with claimants without the cooperation of its insurer, and then turned around and sued its insurer for coverage, which put the case in the public domain.

#morons

The docket for the case can be accessed here:
https://fjdefile.phila.gov/efsfjd/z...dx?uid=D1g0NgsM!IolqsSYDxam&o=J3meHQicU!rzHdb

For the case number enter 131103195.

I would suspect that the depositions will be posted here, although you'll have to pay to access them.

On 12/4/2015 Glazer granted a PSU motion to file a variety of documents under seal in order to maintain confidentiality. On 12/8/2015 PSU filed their motion. It included 16 exhibits titled either "Filed under seal" or "Intentionally left blank". I suspect those are the victim depositions. Another exhibit, G, is titled "John Doe A's answers to interrogatories". The John Doe A claim was the first against PSU and is what initiated the PSU/PMA litigation under case number 120104126.

Reactions: Nellie R
Step...i will take the 2nd one on the left...she has done this before!
Good luck with that bkmtnitt, I've also seen that arm gesture before. :eek: I hope you are blond & have blue eyes.
1381059751565.cached.jpg

How hard would this have been:

JVP or TC or GS: "Jerry, we've received a disturbing report about potential inappropriate conduct involving you and a boy in the Lasch shower. As I'm sure you can understand, we would like the name of the boy so that TSM can inform his parents."

JERRY: "Screw you."

JVP or TC or GS: "Well, then, we're sorry but you leave us no recourse. We're going to have to contact law enforcement to investigate."
Bull crap and you know it

On 12/4/2015 Glazer granted a PSU motion to file a variety of documents under seal in order to maintain confidentiality. On 12/8/2015 PSU filed their motion. It included 16 exhibits titled either "Filed under seal" or "Intentionally left blank". I suspect those are the victim depositions. Another exhibit, G, is titled "John Doe A's answers to interrogatories". The John Doe A claim was the first against PSU and is what initiated the PSU/PMA litigation under case number 120104126.

Once upon a time ago John Doe A's complaint was located on PSU's openness website (probably by accident). All they did was to rewrite an amalgamation of the claims listed in the grand jury presentment about a month after its release, some times verbatim, and turned it back in to Penn State. If it had been a writing assignment in a college English course, John Doe A would have been busted for plagiarism.

Once upon a time ago John Doe A's complaint was located on PSU's openness website (probably by accident). All they did was to rewrite an amalgamation of the claims listed in the grand jury presentment about a month after its release, some times verbatim, and turned it back in to Penn State. If it had been a writing assignment in a college English course, John Doe A would have been busted for plagiarism.
Here's a copy of the complaint: http://www.andersonadvocates.com/Fi...gainst-Penn-State-Sandusky-and-Second-Milepdf

It doesn't have any identifying information about the plaintiff (it states that the plaintiff's identity was disclosed to Penn State separately). All a complaint needs to do is set out the basis for the claim, but it isn't a terribly high bar to reach. Complaints don't need to show evidence or prove anything - they just need to identify the parties and venue, and demonstrate that, if they are eventually able to prove it, the plaintiff will have a right to relief under the law.

Reactions: step.eng69
Here's a copy of the complaint: http://www.andersonadvocates.com/Fi...gainst-Penn-State-Sandusky-and-Second-Milepdf

It doesn't have any identifying information about the plaintiff (it states that the plaintiff's identity was disclosed to Penn State separately). All a complaint needs to do is set out the basis for the claim, but it isn't a terribly high bar to reach. Complaints don't need to show evidence or prove anything - they just need to identify the parties and venue, and demonstrate that, if they are eventually able to prove it, the plaintiff will have a right to relief under the law.

I still find it horribly mind-boggling that our commonwealth has never addressed their role in all this. Those caseworkers that did home studies for instance, "should have known" Sandusky was abusing minors since the 70's, if I am following the logic in this referenced complaint. They slapped the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval on this guy.

Those CPS professionals & guidance counselors that referred kids to his charity "should have known" as well, if this logic follows. I don't get why there is ZERO fallout for those professionals that placed kids in his home, let alone the principals at Second.

And who exactly at Penn State in the Outreach office was responsible for monitoring the Second Mile association?It's not the role of a football coach. Why hasn't this person or persons been affected?

I still find it horribly mind-boggling that our commonwealth has never addressed their role in all this. Those caseworkers that did home studies for instance, "should have known" Sandusky was abusing minors since the 70's, if I am following the logic in this referenced complaint. They slapped the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval on this guy.

Those CPS professionals & guidance counselors that referred kids to his charity "should have known" as well, if this logic follows. I don't get why there is ZERO fallout for those professionals that placed kids in his home, let alone the principals at Second.

And who exactly at Penn State in the Outreach office was responsible for monitoring the Second Mile association?It's not the role of a football coach. Why hasn't this person or persons been affected?

I wouldn't give up hope. I think we'll be hearing from some CYS/YSB people eventually.

Spanier's words, not mine.

No, you took Spaniers words about an inappropriate shower that was concerning and assigned the worst possible interpretation to them--that he was talking about child abuse.

In those same emails the admins talk about getting JS professional help if he can't see why his behavior was inappropriate, since when do people think professional help would benefit a pedo??

No, you took Spaniers words about an inappropriate shower that was concerning and assigned the worst possible interpretation to them--that he was talking about child abuse.

In those same emails the admins talk about getting JS professional help if he can't see why his behavior was inappropriate, since when do people think professional help would benefit a pedo??

WeR0206 - Please Read about the Catholic Church and the Servants of the Paraclete:

The clinic, often referred to as Stroud, is run by an American order, the Servants of the Paraclete, established in New Mexico in the 1940s. The order opened Our Lady of Victory, its only British centre, in the 1960s. The clinic offers "therapy in a spiritual context".

It is believed that up to 30 residents stay there, usually for a year to 18 months. They tend to be referred by their bishops or other senior clergy.

Michael Hill, the priest jailed for five years in 1997 for indecent assaults on children, was once there but left after three months. He was appointed chaplain at Gatwick in the 1980s by Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, now Archbishop of Westminster but then bishop of Arundel and Brighton, despite complaints that he had been a risk to children.

A sample of priests who sent there:

Between 1995 and 1999, 21 Catholic priests were convicted of sexual offences against children. Reported sex cases include:

• 1996: Durham priest Adrian McLeish jailed for six years after admitting 12 charges of child abuse

• 1997: Michael Hill, a former Gatwick chaplain, jailed for five years for indecent assault and gross indecency over a 19-year period

• 1998: Eric Taylor jailed for seven years for abusing boys in his care at the Father Hudson Society's home in Warwickshire, between 1957 and 1965

• 1998: John Lloyd , press officer to the Archbishop of Cardiff, jailed for eight years for indecent assaults against children

• 2000: Joe Jordan , a Cardiff priest, jailed for eight years for sexually abusing boys

• 2000: Investigation at a leading Catholic school, the London Oratory . Pupils alleged they were abused by David Martin , a priest who died of a suspected Aids-related illness in 1998

• 2000: Robert Deadman , a Cistercian monk who offered spiritual healing to women, convicted of indecently assaulting four women. The jury heard he carried out attacks in the confessional

• 2001: Allegations of torture, beatings and sexual molestation at St Ninian's school in Stirlingshire

WeR0206 - Please Read about the Catholic Church and the Servants of the Paraclete:

The clinic, often referred to as Stroud, is run by an American order, the Servants of the Paraclete, established in New Mexico in the 1940s. The order opened Our Lady of Victory, its only British centre, in the 1960s. The clinic offers "therapy in a spiritual context".

It is believed that up to 30 residents stay there, usually for a year to 18 months. They tend to be referred by their bishops or other senior clergy.

Michael Hill, the priest jailed for five years in 1997 for indecent assaults on children, was once there but left after three months. He was appointed chaplain at Gatwick in the 1980s by Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, now Archbishop of Westminster but then bishop of Arundel and Brighton, despite complaints that he had been a risk to children.

Between 1995 and 1999, 21 Catholic priests were convicted of sexual offences against children. Reported sex cases include:

• 1996: Durham priest Adrian McLeish jailed for six years after admitting 12 charges of child abuse

• 1997: Michael Hill, a former Gatwick chaplain, jailed for five years for indecent assault and gross indecency over a 19-year period

• 1998: Eric Taylor jailed for seven years for abusing boys in his care at the Father Hudson Society's home in Warwickshire, between 1957 and 1965

• 1998: John Lloyd , press officer to the Archbishop of Cardiff, jailed for eight years for indecent assaults against children

• 2000: Joe Jordan , a Cardiff priest, jailed for eight years for sexually abusing boys

• 2000: Investigation at a leading Catholic school, the London Oratory . Pupils alleged they were abused by David Martin , a priest who died of a suspected Aids-related illness in 1998

• 2000: Robert Deadman , a Cistercian monk who offered spiritual healing to women, convicted of indecently assaulting four women. The jury heard he carried out attacks in the confessional

• 2001: Allegations of torture, beatings and sexual molestation at St Ninian's school in Stirlingshire

Roxine, please stop trying to conflate what happened at PSU with the Catholic church. It has yet to be shown that anyone at PSU KNEW that JS was abusing kids and then covered it up, like the Catholic church did.

Did PSU show a pattern of sending suspected or confessed pedo's to a clinic instead of contacting authorities? No (see 1998--UPPD brought in CCCYS and did not cover anything up), so while the info you posted is interesting and disturbing it has NOTHING to do with PSU and how the admins handled JS. If you read the emails/notes without bias it's quite clear they were NOT talking about child abuse but an inappropriate shower that made a PSU GA uncomfortable. They decided to tell TSM (the folks with direct control over JS' access to kids) with or without JS' cooperation and they would bring in DPW if JS pushed back against their directive that his showering behavior was wrong and needed to stop.

Roxine, please stop trying to conflate what happened at PSU with the Catholic church. It has yet to be shown that anyone at PSU KNEW that JS was abusing kids and then covered it up, like the Catholic church did.

Did PSU show a pattern of sending suspected or confessed pedo's to a clinic instead of contacting authorities? No (see 1998--UPPD brought in CCCYS and did not cover anything up), so while the info you posted is interesting and disturbing it has NOTHING to do with PSU and how the admins handled JS. If you read the emails/notes without bias it's quite clear they were NOT talking about child abuse but an inappropriate shower that made a PSU GA uncomfortable. They decided to tell TSM (the folks with direct control over JS' access to kids) with or without JS' cooperation and they would bring in DPW if JS pushed back against their directive that his showering behavior was wrong and needed to stop.

I was responding directly to your question, "since when do people think professional help would benefit a pedo??"

I made no correlation to PSU - you did. I simply answered a question you asked.

I was responding directly to your question, "since when do people think professional help would benefit a pedo??"

It is an example . Furthermore , " where is their receipt "? Something to show a report was made. Notes, a form an email , a log entry somewhere .
I've had things lost and I've had receipts to show ownership for my item.
I would think for something this serious thru would have at least some email .

Great, I'm glad you were able to point me to an example that had nothing to do with PSU, I think you know what I meant (normal people, who aren't leaders of the Catholic Church looking to cover up abuse, don't even consider a pedo getting professional help as a solution/way to make the abuse stop). No correlation to PSU needs to be drawn since, you know, we're on a PSU fb message board.

Since you care so much about the kids, how about you now go and harp on the MASSIVE failures of CYS/DPW/TSM/PA judges who have yet to take any accountability for allowing a preferential child sex offender to operate under their noses for decades even after receiving multiple complaints about JS, some of which came from PSU admins??

As the courts keep dismissing the charges before they even get to trial, how does it feel to blame innocent people instead of trying to fix the real problems? How many more victims did you produce by your actions? When this is all said and done, its looking more and more like the only ones who screwed up are Sandusky and the bot, you know, the ones you took money from.

As an aside, did you even know Ira Lubert was good buddies with Sandusky and let him build a facility for his camp on his personal property? Then he mysteriously quit the second mile in 2009 after Sandusky started getting investigated. That's who you took money from.

Since you care so much about the kids, how about you now go and harp on the MASSIVE failures of CYS/DPW/TSM/PA judges who have yet to take any accountability for allowing a preferential child sex offender to operate under their noses for decades even after receiving multiple complaints about JS, some of which came from PSU admins??

I don't know whether she has or has not.....or to what extent.

I do know this - there ain't no easy money to be made there.

Just pointing that out, not drawing any conclusions

Reactions: WeR0206
Great, I'm glad you were able to point me to an example that had nothing to do with PSU, I think you know what I meant (normal people, who aren't leaders of the Catholic Church looking to cover up abuse, don't even consider a pedo getting professional help as a solution/way to make the abuse stop). No correlation to PSU needs to be drawn since, you know, we're on a PSU fb message board.

Great, now you've done it. You've chased her away. She can't handle fact-based reasoning.

As the courts keep dismissing the charges before they even get to trial, how does it feel to blame innocent people instead of trying to fix the real problems? How many more victims did you produce by your actions? When this is all said and done, its looking more and more like the only ones who screwed up are Sandusky and the bot, you know, the ones you took money from.

As an aside, did you even know Ira Lubert was good buddies with Sandusky and let him build a facility for his camp on his personal property? Then he mysteriously quit the second mile in 2009 after Sandusky started getting investigated. That's who you took money from.

Roxine = another fake Penn Live woman.

Reactions: pkg5002 and 91Joe95
So John Doe A found an attorney( being kind to use that term) who was willing to bait a hook and see if PSU was stupid enough to bite...........and of course they did.
Marci Hamilton. Anderson is the firm she/they used for all the Catholic Church filings. Marci baby thinks EVERY case is the Catholic Church.

She was also in on another situation in Texas where they broke up families and about 100 children were slated to be sent to ARROW. (Does that charity sound familiar?) The Texas Supreme Court overturned and she wrote a screed about it.

The one and only good thing this group did was to get the stay on TSM and its assets in the Orphan's court, but it was 4 months after the Great Escape to Arrow Houston was attempted. And then they collected from PSU instead...$$$$$$

Last edited:

This latest order on Jun14th tells me after the judge ordered the records unsealed to the media (who are looking only for "Joe Paterno" material) either PMA, PSU, or the court did not redact some names.

I sure hope it wasn't before the "coalition" saw them! If they are anything like Ganim, they'll be hounding these people.

It also cracks me up that Charlie Tuna and PennJive were late to the "coalition" AP, PhillyInq and PPG, iirc, yet Charlie's article makes it sound like PennJive was the leader. Like a certain Mayor said, worse than Gawker!

Last edited:
This latest order on Jun14th tells me after the judge ordered the records unsealed to the media (who are looking only for "Joe Paterno" material) either PMA, PSU, or the court did not redact some names.

I sure hope it wasn't before the "coalition" saw them! It also cracks me up that Charlie Tuna and PennJive were late to the "coalition" AP, PhillyInq and PPG, iirc, yet Charlie's article makes it sound like PennJive was the leader. Like a certain Mayor said, worse than Gawker!

PennJive...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT