ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Heisman talk at halftime of UCF game...

Sviatoslav

May 31, 2002
Did anyone catch that? I missed the first moments of the discussion, but here's what I saw.

No mention of McSorely in the entire segment. He's nobody's front runner. Not even on the list of top dozen (or more) hopefuls on the big list. And when asked for their "outside the box" pick, guess who Mushmouf suggested? That's right... Shea Patterson.

Did anyone catch that? I missed the first moments of the discussion, but here's what I saw.

No mention of McSorely in the entire segment. He's nobody's front runner. Not even on the list of top dozen (or more) hopefuls on the big list. And when asked for their "outside the box" pick, guess who Mushmouf suggested? That's right... Shea Patterson.

To go public with Senility is terribly insensitive.

ESPiN still cant hide their blatant anti-Psu bias. Be prepared to be surprised (again), Bristol b-itches, as Trace's highlights and stats make him impossible to exclude from the conversation as the season rolls on.

There are lots of things I try to pay attention to- who wins the Heisman has never been one of them.

Talk is cheap this time of the year. That trophy is a popularity contest as the best player in college football last year wasn't even invited. Let Trace put up a big year and the rest will fall into place. #TeamTitlesMatter

There was an entire thread about how if Herbie picks PSU to win the Big Ten it's just so that when OSU beats us it means they are in the playoff.

Wouldn't the same apply for the Heisman?

I can't determine anymore if I should get angry about mentions or angry about no mentions.

LdN

Reactions: Erial_Lion
I saw the segment and agree that I was thrown off not to hear McSorley's name mentioned. What was most ridiculous about the entire segment - Desmond picked Shea Patterson as a dark horse candidate to win the award.

How is that guy still employed on that program? He isn't likable at all. At least some of the other homers on that show have some likable traits.

I saw the segment and agree that I was thrown off not to hear McSorley's name mentioned. What was most ridiculous about the entire segment - Desmond picked Shea Patterson as a dark horse candidate to win the award.

How is that guy still employed on that program? He isn't likable at all. At least some of the other homers on that show have some likable traits.

You really need to ask why?
The better question is, why is any PSU person watching that network, after how and still do treat us?

Meh. A year ago, Saquon was the focus of a lot of Heisman talk. but he wasn't invited to New Yawk. There's a lot of football to play before this year's overblown popularity contest is over.

p.s. - ESPN still sucks.

A college football game was being aired on the network, that's why I watched. Is it that difficult to comprehend?

Many of us here only watch ESPN when PSU is on, as we have no choice. Many of us here refuse to watch any of their other broadcasts due to thei anti PSU bias. But please, do what you're comfortable with.

Reactions: Option Bob

As soon as I saw that moron about to speak I turned it off - I think that dope also picked UM to win the college championship, at least Corso knows he being a clown when he is being a clown, mushmouth not so much.

Trace is named in just about every heisman conversation that I’ve heard. He’s not a front runner exactly, but several talking heads have said he’s in the best position to win it.

Patterson probably is a dark horse...if he lives up to the hype and Michigan does as well as Desmond believes they will he probably will win it BUT

What Desmond believes is likely to happen is highly unlikely and, yes, Trace is clearly a better candidate. Remember that Herbie wasn't there or you would have heard McSorley's name

Many of us here only watch ESPN when PSU is on, as we have no choice. Many of us here refuse to watch any of their other broadcasts due to thei anti PSU bias. But please, do what you're comfortable with.

Some of us actually like college football...
There's no anti-Penn State bias--see anything Herbie has said about this season

Patterson probably is a dark horse...if he lives up to the hype and Michigan does as well as Desmond believes they will he probably will win it BUT

What Desmond believes is likely to happen is highly unlikely and, yes, Trace is clearly a better candidate. Remember that Herbie wasn't there or you would have heard McSorley's name
Umm - swing and another miss. No way in hell Patterson wins it no matter what UM does - you are like Pavlov’s dog - every time someone says something you say the opposite- you must be fun at parties.

Umm - swing and another miss. No way in hell Patterson wins it no matter what UM does - you are like Pavlov’s dog - every time someone says something you say the opposite- you must be fun at parties.

You're telling me you don't think Patterson can win the Heisman if, as Desmond predicts, they win the national title? Seriously? Check out the betting odds

Elite teams, which Michigan would be if they're in the playoff, typically have a Heisman candidate. TYPICALLY. If Michigan's offense does a 180 from last year you really don't see how Shea is going to get a ton of press and hype? Come on

Again, McSorley is the smarter bet but to say no matter what Michigan does Patterson can't win it is simply inaccurate

Can’t agree with that. If Michigan has a great year and he plays great why wouldn’t he be a candidate? Now I don’t think it will happen, but to say there is no way in hell no matter what he does is pretty ridiculous IMO

Reactions: nittnee
Can’t agree with that. If Michigan has a great year and he plays great why wouldn’t he be a candidate? Now I don’t think it will happen, but to say there is no way in hell no matter what he does is pretty ridiculous IMO

Yeah, I don't think the "great year" by Michigan happens and I'm not really sold on him having a "great year" but if those things both happen he's probably in NY. He already gets a ton of hype

Because there are a boatload of players who would be ahead of him - and I don’t think in the UM system any QB will have a great year that will get them heisman attention. It’s not that kind of system and they don’t have the offensive talent either.

ESPiN still cant hide their blatant anti-Psu bias. Be prepared to be surprised (again), Bristol b-itches, as Trace's highlights and stats make him impossible to exclude from the conversation as the season rolls on.
Trace will be exposed this year, don't you know? He was riding Saquon's coattails and throwing jump balls to Gesicki.

Because there are a boatload of players who would be ahead of him - and I don’t think in the UM system any QB will have a great year that will get them heisman attention. It’s not that kind of system and they don’t have the offensive talent either.

Again, we're talking if Michigan goes 12-0/11-1 and beat ND, NW, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State and Wisconsin....if that happens Patterson is going to be the most hyped player in the country since Tate and Grier likely will have 2+ losses each.

Some of us actually like college football...
There's no anti-Penn State bias--see anything Herbie has said about this season

I like college football as much as anyone on here. But if you think there isn't an anti PSU bias, I think you're mistaken. Where you watching ESPN in 2011 and 2012, and anytime since?

Again, we're talking if Michigan goes 12-0/11-1 and beat ND, NW, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State and Wisconsin....if that happens Patterson is going to be the most hyped player in the country since Tate and Grier likely will have 2+ losses each.
Sooooo if Trace wins all those games it’s his then right?!!!!!!!! Otherwise STFU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT