ADVERTISEMENT

FC- Harbaugh is not happy with Purdue facilities.

Small but adequate heated building with locker facilities, suitable for halftime coaching, trainer table, flush toilets, showers, and heated running water. Not luxurious but not clean and well maintained.
Penn state's Jeffery Field has none of the above for teams and no restrooms for spectators or game day staff. Concession stand is a modified wooden storage shed.

As an example, here is the description of UM's stadium (lifted from their athletic dept website):

The University of Michigan's Soccer Stadium, which opened for the 2010 season, is the crowning jewel of the U-M Soccer Complex. The three-field, soccer-exclusive facility is the result of a $6 million project that was funded by Intercollegiate Athletics resources and gifts.

The stadium is built at the center of the expansive complex and is flanked by separate practice fields for both the men's and women's programs. The stadium features a press box flanked by two terraces that are used for special events and handicap seating. The facility also has a locker room for each program with tunnel access to the field, underground benches, an athletic medicine training room, and restrooms and concessions for spectators. Similar to Michigan Stadium, fans enter the stands through portals on the backside of the stadium to allow for unobstructed views of the field once seated.

The Wolverines new home can pack 2,200 fans into stands along both sidelines that create a "framed in" feel. Both stands are set 10 feet off the sideline with the first row of the west stands six feet over the action to allow spectators to be right on top of the action. Both spectator areas are covered by a roof that encompasses most seats and creates an environment that captures the sound. The west stands feature a special section at midfield with chairback seating, while the east stands are home to the U-M student section.

Transition to a new era of Michigan soccer was completed on Aug. 20, 2010, when the women's squad played the first game inside the stadium against Detroit. The women's team opened up the complex on Oct. 10, 2008, hosting Penn State on the west practice field before the men's program inaugurated the competition field, where the stadium now sits, for the complex's first NCAA Tournament game, defeating UC Davis on Nov. 25, 2008.

Reactions: gymdad
My all-time favorite High School football visitor's locker rooms.

#3: Williamsport: the half-time visitor's room was also the lawn maintenance shed. Nothing like large open bins of chemical and organic fertilizers to clear your sinuses.

#2: Berwick: Visitor's locker room only had three shower stalls, but one was always out of order. It also smelled of rotted flesh. I swear there was a maggot riddled cadaver stuffed in the ceiling.

#1: Mount Carmel: While the locker room was spacious, and had plenty of showers, the shower room was sunken with no hot water and drains that did not work. Nothing like playing both ways for four quarters in November only to have to take a cold shower while standing in 12" of cold dirty water.

You had visitor locker rooms at your high school? At my kids school they just get on the bus and go home after the game. Both teams meet in one of the end zones at half time.

You know I'm just kidding. ;). What is the word on the Michigan QB injury?
First off always good to speak with you. Your concern about my wife did not go unnoticed. Anyway. Not a lot has been said. He has struggled so far and I think the back up will start for the next game. That's about all i know. Great win Saturday btw.

Reactions: psu00
LOL. Ok, exactly three weeks. Got it. Because unspecified NECK injuries always take exactly three weeks. Hey, guess what? John Reid is back in 3 weeks too!
He'll be available for PSU...not too concerned though...he doesn't play defense. And that lights out D is coming

Ha. Hopefully, ur D will get better by then. 5th in the League given your schedule, has to be concerning to you.

Who the hell measures D by total yards? That's amateur analytics, stuff that was done back in the previous century before we got more sophisticated. Get with the times grandpa.

S&P+, which encompasses a whole hell of a lot more (and controls for opponents) has PSU's D at 12th nationally, 4th in the B1G.

The D is legit. Maybe not as good as Michigan's, but it's definitely legit.

First off always good to speak with you. Your concern about my wife did not go unnoticed. Anyway. Not a lot has been said. He has struggled so far and I think the back up will start for the next game. That's about all i know. Great win Saturday btw.

I was glad to hear things turned out well for her. You 2 had me worried for a while. I know it's still a few weeks away, but I think the Michigan game should be a really good one- (hopefully it's at least more competitive than last year).

Reactions: Westcoast24
Who the hell measures D by total yards? That's amateur analytics, stuff that was done back in the previous century before we got more sophisticated. Get with the times grandpa.

S&P+, which encompasses a whole hell of a lot more (and controls for opponents) has PSU's D at 12th nationally, 4th in the B1G.

The D is legit. Maybe not as good as Michigan's, but it's definitely legit.
So "Gramps" has them 5th and you have them 4th"...ur analysis is very enlightening.

Well ... Harbaugh is correct on this one.

Purdue has annual athletic revenue in the EIGHT figures. Given such, it's absurd they find a way to provide air-conditioning for their guests. Ditto for providing an adequate number of toilets, and medical facilities.

That's minor league, and Purdue (most specifically, former AD Morgan Burke and current AD Mike Bobinski) deserve ridicule for such.

I've been to four games in West Lafayette. I've been to games at all B1G stadiums outsides of Maryland & Rutgers. Purdue is --- by several orders of magnitude --- the most minor-league in terms of their facilities and such.
\

Who cares? Really. So you think Purdue has inferior facilities and agree with a frothing at the mouth, CTE-addled misanthrope. Noted. No surprise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT