ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Greek ties run deep on PSU board deciding fates of sororities, fraternities

Seriously, this is "news"? I was a GDI, but the percentage of BOT which were greek (40%) does not surprise me in the least, nor do I think it is that high if you compared it to other school's boards especially private schools. The writer presents it as if it is an unusually high number at PSU, which is nonsense imho. There are "Fraternities" and "Sororities" for all kinds of themes at PSU including Ag Houses, Engineering Houses, Ethnic Houses.....even "Academic Success Houses" - the writer acting like this is some kind of shocking storyline about PSU is a little amusing.

Reactions: Bob78 and Zenophile
One thing for sure - - - - referencing Greek Affiliations within our BOT certainly does not help to position Greek organizations in a positive light.

The fact that some of those with Greek Affiliations are among the biggest douchebags in the entire BOT Circus doesn't help either :)

[BTW - Someone ought to just gag, if not "choke out", Ted Brown. What a buffoon]

Last edited:
Reactions: humpydudas19
Pitiful to see our elected representatives defending these anachronistic organizations

Again, I was a GDI in college, but even I find the writer's supposed storyline to be faux-outrage journalism citing numbers that are not alarming in the least. The following article is a good example:

The Greek System came into being in the late 19th Century and since its start 69% of US Presidents were Greeks in college.....and that percentage is low as compared to the US Supreme Court (85%), 76% of Senators and 85% of Fortune 500 CEOs! That really puts into perspective PSU's BOT number of 40% which is really not shocking at all contrary to the writer's non-story faux-outrage. The numbers at most private schools, especially the Ivy League, are far higher than at PSU.

really not that big of a deal at all...a lot of the media is just really out to get PSU and no matter what they do with greek life in this situation there will be outrage. Par for the course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT