ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Another school shooting in Florida...

At least 8 were shot in Chicago Sunday afternoon and that's a "gun free zone"

At least 8 wounded in Chicago shootings since mid-afternoon Sunday

A 20-year-old man was shot in the armpit and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was in critical condition, while a 17-year-old boy suffered a gunshot wound to the ankle and was being treated at Loretto Hospital, where he was in good condition.

The two were walking together when they got into a dispute with other people also walking in the area and who took out guns and shot the two, police said.

In other shootings:

• A 32-year-old man was in serious condition and a 33-year-old man was in good condition after being shot just after 7 p.m. in the 4000 block of West 21st Street in the Lawndale neighborhood, police said in a media notification. The 32-year-old was wounded in the back and arm while the older man was wounded in the knee, Both men were being treated at Mount Sinai Hospital. The two were standing on the street when a gray SUV drove up and someone inside shot at them.

• Just before 5:25 p.m., a man was shot in the 6800 block of South Wood Street in the West Englewood neighborhood, police said. The man, 41, suffered a gunshot wound to the left leg, and was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he initially was in serious condition, according to police. The man was shot while standing in the alley, police said.

• Two men, both 19, were wounded in a shooting just after 3:15 p.m. in the 3600 block of West Polk Street in the Homan Square neighborhood, police said in a media notification. One man suffered a gunshot wound to the ear and the other suffered a gunshot wound to the buttocks, police said. Both were in good condition at Mount Sinai Hospital. Police released no information on the circumstances of the shooting. Area North detectives had no one in custody.

OK.....and....?????

If i lived in a place where i thought I had to carry to be safe, i would move. I have, on occasion, had an unloaded handgun in the trunk of my car or toolbox of my pickup. Always creates more anxiety than it resolves. I own guns, and I would use them to protect my family, but killing some mook who wants to steal my chainsaw for drug money would, on balance, be way worse for me than losing my saw.

Purely my personal view. If your whole existence is kill or be killed, it is a sorry existence.

Here in WV, we have permitless concealed carry. That means that any mope who can get his hands on a gun is allowed to carry it, without safety training, loaded, anywhere except a school, a courthouse, or the state capitol building where the idiots who passed this law work.

Anytime I am in a WV movie theatre or bar or restaurant, some TOTALLY UNTRAINED CLOWN can kill me or my family without even intending to, because nobody ever required that he know how to even load a gun, let alone where the safety is. Breathtakingly stupid.

Being able to move is so white privilege.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT