ADVERTISEMENT

fc Al Pacino 'snubbed' for an Emmy for role as JVP according to MSN...

Anyone else completely disgusted by these award ceremonies? I saw where the last Oscars cost approximately $44 million to have Hollywood elite pat themselves on the back. Meanwhile they talk about how we need to do more for their "charity of the day" like hunger, homeless people, LBGT rights, etc. Here is an idea ... instead of spending $44 million for a big party why don't you just post the nominees and winners online and use all that wasted money to help these causes?

So glad Pacino will get nothing for his fictitious portrayal of a guy who did 1,000,000,000 times more to help others than he will ever accomplish.

however, I believe the movie itself, was nominated for an emmy in the "outstanding tv movie" category. no word yet on whether harvey weinstein, woody allen, matt lauer, kevin spacey, al franken, garrison keillor, charlie rose or louis ck will vote for it.
giphy.gif

I’d say the only person Emmy worthy in the Paterno film would be the make up artist. He/she did a great job with Pacino As for the movie and actors, ehhhhhhhhhh.

Reactions: psu7113
Anyone else completely disgusted by these award ceremonies? I saw where the last Oscars cost approximately $44 million to have Hollywood elite pat themselves on the back. Meanwhile they talk about how we need to do more for their "charity of the day" like hunger, homeless people, LBGT rights, etc. Here is an idea ... instead of spending $44 million for a big party why don't you just post the nominees and winners online and use all that wasted money to help these causes?

So glad Pacino will get nothing for his fictitious portrayal of a guy who did 1,000,000,000 times more to help others than he will ever accomplish.

Paterno raised money for PSU and gave money to the library. What else did he do to be
"1,000,000,000 more help to others". I am not familiar with Pacino's charity work but I have
seen his name associated with fundraisers.

Good grief some of you need to chill out. He acted based on a script. I have never heard him say a negative thing about Paterno.

Paterno raised money for PSU and gave money to the library. What else did he do to be
"1,000,000,000 more help to others". I am not familiar with Pacino's charity work but I have
seen his name associated with fundraisers.
Molded many young men into upstanding citizens....I would think that has to count for something....um, I guess not.

Pacino definitely took that role in hopes that it would net him an Emmy or Oscar. No doubt about it. The script was written as a Shakespearean tragedy, giving Pacino a whole lot to work with in terms of showcasing his acting skill. I don't think he was a bad Paterno. But it certainly wasn't the Oscar bait he likely imagined. I feel like the writer of this MSN piece is using his own opinion and not a wider scope of Emmy voters. Very few thought he'd win a major award for this performance.

Molded many young men into upstanding citizens....I would think that has to count for something....um, I guess not.

Yes he was a molder of men. All of those that played for Paterno became upstanding citizens
except for those you and your ilk vilify like Joyner, Surma , etc. Get a clue.

Please show me anyone in any walk of life that had 100% success rate in anything they do. Talk about needing to get a clue.

According to you joebots he did. One of the biggest nuts on this board claims he learned how to live his life
from Joe. Except he didn't go to PSU and never met Joe. Did Joe write a book about life lessons that
no one knows about? Here is what I learned from Joe. Don't think you are smarter than everyone else.
Don't make enemies that may haunt you. Don't hang around when you have become useless. And don't let your wife tell you to put your son in a job that he is unqualified for. Thank god for Coach Franklin.

According to you joebots he did. One of the biggest nuts on this board claims he learned how to live his life
from Joe. Except he didn't go to PSU and never met Joe. Did Joe write a book about life lessons that
no one knows about? Here is what I learned from Joe. Don't think you are smarter than everyone else.
Don't make enemies that may haunt you. Don't hang around when you have become useless. And don't let your wife tell you to put your son in a job that he is unqualified for. Thank god for Coach Franklin.
If that’s all you learned from him then you’re not very bright. People can learn a lot from all kinds of people who were successful. Not everyone does everything right nor can someone use everything another person does. I read biographies all the time because I can learn things from successful people. Maybe you should try it...it might make you a better person than you seem to be right now.

Reactions: Omar81
No wonder you're so popular on this Board.

Even though I hated the movie, Pacino actually did a very nice job playing Joe. I thought he had him down fairly well.

If that’s all you learned from him then you’re not very bright. People can learn a lot from all kinds of people who were successful. Not everyone does everything right nor can someone use everything another person does. I read biographies all the time because I can learn things from successful people. Maybe you should try it...it might make you a better person than you seem to be right now.

Coach Franklin is so much better than Paterno. He is a great ambassador for PSU. He doesn't run up and down sidelines yelling at refs with spittle coming out of his mouth. He doesn't yell at players like Paterno often did sometimes when they didn't deserve it. He takes his kids to PSU events decked out in PSU garb. When did Paterno ever do that? You guys are nuts. What did your stupid ass learn from Paterno?
\

My wife tried it and said it was “ unwatchably bad “.
I didn’t bother.

Couldn't agree more. All these phony bastards do is have one award ceremony after another.
I'm out is LA right now. The amount of homeless and tent cities is shocking That 44 mil would take care of all of it, with plenty to send to other people and places But these people are just full of crap
And glad he didn't get nominated for that travesty.

Coach Franklin is so much better than Paterno. He is a great ambassador for PSU. He doesn't run up and down sidelines yelling at refs with spittle coming out of his mouth. He doesn't yell at players like Paterno often did sometimes when they didn't deserve it. He takes his kids to PSU events decked out in PSU garb. When did Paterno ever do that? You guys are nuts. What did your stupid ass learn from Paterno?
\

I'm not a Joebot, but really have to wonder. Did you go to PSU? Do you know anything about Joe as a coach, father, educator or person? It doesn't seem like it. While I don't disagree with you about Franklin, without Joe there is no PSU as we know it today. No world renowned university. Not sure what your hardon is for Joe, but I think you are sorely misguided.

Pacino definitely took that role in hopes that it would net him an Emmy or Oscar. No doubt about it.

Absolutely true.

The "narrative" was right there. Pacino is a "Lion in Winter" in real-life, and there he was playing a "Lion in Winter" (in TWO ways, the proverbial one and the literal Nittany Lion at the beginning of the winter season!!!!).

Kind of shocked he didn't get the nomination.

I'm not a Joebot, but really have to wonder. Did you go to PSU? Do you know anything about Joe as a coach, father, educator or person? It doesn't seem like it. While I don't disagree with you about Franklin, without Joe there is no PSU as we know it today. No world renowned university. Not sure what your hardon is for Joe, but I think you are sorely misguided.

There is no point arguing with that stupid asshole.

Anyone who would say there would no PSU as we know it today without Paterno is stupid, crazy or both.
You qualify. Why don't you tell me about the education you got from Joe. Or tell us what kind of father or person he was. Obviously you have some first hand knowledge.

Reactions: AJ65

Walt's just upset that JerBear wasn't attracted to him.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT