ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo 2023

Detar actually went to Catholic school most of his life. Went to CV foe 2 years when his Catholic elementary/middle closed then chose to go back.

Correct on Sidun - they have been at Norwi. For a while.

As for the out of state move-ins. I have a hard time giving credit to PA for those reaults. Most were developed elsewhere - Florida in particular ctually has a great track record of developing wrestlers in the last decade. I'd bet most would be just as good had they stayed home.
Florida??

Well they did a good job developing Fox Baldwin,other names are alluding me.

Pa power article: kudos to these guys for putting the work in. I have been around for years and this team could go down as one of the greatest PIAA teams ever assembled. I had the pleasure to sit by some of their folks last year at team states and these people are great people.

Faith Christian will be one of the Top Teams in the Nation Next Year

We all knew Faith Christian would be EVEN better than they were in 2023 when they won a PIAA Class 2A State Dual Team Championship, but after Fargo, it seems the gap is widening between them and any other team in Pennsylvania. If Faith Christian was a State , they would have finished Top 10 in both divisions. Mark Effendian proved he is capable of being one of the best young heavyweights in the Nation with a 3rd place finish. Mason Wagner had a break-out performance at 139 pounds – where his teammate Arment Waltenbaugh was 5th. Incoming rookie Nicholas Singer showed-out at 152 pounds taking 4th and added more complexity into the Faith Christian line-up come next season. Sophomore Kole Davidheiser added another Fargo stop sign to his growing collection. Oh, and not to mention freshman State Champion Adam Waters beat State Champ Holden Garcia for the third time. Once the line-up gets worked out, Faith Christian will be the best team in Pennsylvania and a Top 10 dual team in the Nation.
Why do teams that get to recruit , wrestling in 2A?

Part of me is Glad we are drawing in their top talent making our state even stronger. But it hurts the little home grown schools and seasonal wrestlers. The gap between the Seasonal wrestlers Vs the Year Round wrestlers has got so large it’s hurting the sport. It’s hard now to get football players to come out now a days. You used to be able to do well in three Hs sports and still medal at Hershey. This is getting much harder to do especially 170 and below.

Detar actually went to Catholic school most of his life. Went to CV foe 2 years when his Catholic elementary/middle closed then chose to go back.

Correct on Sidun - they have been at Norwi. For a while.

As for the out of state move-ins. I have a hard time giving credit to PA for those reaults. Most were developed elsewhere - Florida in particular ctually has a great track record of developing wrestlers in the last decade. I'd bet most would be just as good had they stayed home.
Blair's 2016-2017 featured 5 starters from Florida.

They likely would NOT have been as good had they stayed in Florida. There are very few teams that travel in a way that would have made them elite.

Florida??

Well they did a good job developing Fox Baldwin,other names are alluding me.
The current MS/HS crop has some future stars as well. Ma McG, Sledzianowski, Emma Bacon on the girls side, her little brother, and a couple others are all in PA or NJ now.

The current MS/HS crop has some future stars as well. Ma McG, Sledzianowski, Emma Bacon on the girls side, her little brother, and a couple others are all in PA or NJ now.

kevin-bacon-dance.gif

All of this state parity is causing Cael to increase the recruiting budget for Jet Fuel.
I'd think that in most cases the guys Cael really wants aren't overly swayed by home visits. They'll be here to have the best shot of reaching their goals, or they'll go to Iowa or one of the OSUs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT