ADVERTISEMENT

Evolution And Revolution: The Coolest Helmet Designs For Every College And NFL Team Past And Future

This could be an interesting discussion.
Penn State Evolution helmets
pink-and-blue-galaxy-gaming-youtube-channel-art-43.png

I really dig some of the alternate unis. I love the Eagles black unis for sure. I like the idea of the all white with the keystone. Put it with a white face mask, all white jerseys white socks and white cleats and call it the whiteout jersey? I’d have to see it but I’m absolutely open to it.

I am very much a traditionalist when it comes to PSU and their uniforms. I've been against the idea of doing anything stupid (as most teams do these days), other than the annual "retro" uniforms they've done the last couple of years.

However, if the team voted on some wild-a$$ed helmets and uniforms for one of these last two games, I would say "let the kids do it" this one time as a fun reward for all the crap they have had to endure this 2020 season.

Helmets have come a long way. Though it would bring back some great memories, a retro look that won't be back is the old white neck collar the LB's wore (and, throw in some blood on the elbows).

55f130e7e1e93.image.jpg

Last edited:
I have always been a fan of the numbers on the helmet. Probably because that’s the helmet Penn State wore when I first became aware of Penn State football.

Reactions: liamjones21
So many other schools have, at one time or another, used some kind of helmet design that evoked their mascot. I am mildly surprised that PSU never used a helmet design that featured something evoking a (Nittany) lion. Maybe a lion's paw print or paw with extended claws. That probably sounds like anathema to many here, given the history of the plain white helmet with blue stripes and lack of jersey numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT