ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN article on Kevin Givens

Oh, you hadn't heard yet? His excellent individual play all Spring as confirmed and evidenced in the B/W Game doesn't mean anything because of the way PSU structured the scrimmage.....no seriously, all the board "expert" know-everythings said so......sorry it's meaningless and everybody should dim their optimism about Givens being successful at his new position.....LMFAO.

Always great to be optimistic. :) Heck if you can't be optimistic "before" the season then what's the point? As an "optimist" I'm thinking 10-2 just as I predicted last year !!!!

Oh, you hadn't heard yet? His excellent individual play all Spring as confirmed and evidenced in the B/W Game doesn't mean anything because of the way PSU structured the scrimmage.....no seriously, all the board "expert" know-everythings said so......sorry it's meaningless and everybody should dim their optimism about Givens being successful at his new position.....LMFAO.

Pitt fan mad that Givens flipped his commitment right before National Signing Day?

Kevin was my sleeper pick of the 2015 recruiting class. If you watch his hs tape playing DE, the kid was an absolute wrecking machine who could not be blocked. Never understood Rivals rating him 3 star 5.5 but who cares now.

I had him penciled in as the next Dwight Freeney at DE since he is almost identical in size and build, but what do I know since he is now at DT, and creating havoc.

Kevin was my sleeper pick of the 2015 recruiting class. If you watch his hs tape playing DE, the kid was an absolute wrecking machine who could not be blocked. Never understood Rivals rating him 3 star 5.5 but who cares now.

I had him penciled in as the next Dwight Freeney at DE since he is almost identical in size and build, but what do I know since he is now at DT, and creating havoc.

If he turns out to be another Zettle, CJF is due a great deal of credit. Great recruiting and development!

If he turns out to be another Zettle, CJF is due a great deal of credit. Great recruiting and development!

I read that CJF wasted no time visiting Kevin's coach the morning after he de-committed. from Pitt. Not many schools offered him, but CJF knew this kid is a talented DL and wanted him.

Reactions: MichaelJackSchmidt
Pitt fan mad that Givens flipped his commitment right before National Signing Day?

images

Got your little man feelings hurt...did ya. Need a tissue?

I read that CJF wasted no time visiting Kevin's coach the morning after he de-committed. from Pitt. Not many schools offered him, but CJF knew this kid is a talented DL and wanted him.

The DT position at PSU will not just be fine. It will be outstanding with depth. I find it interesting that Brent Pry stated he was surprised by Givens quick success at the DT position.

I had talked to a coaching friend of mine and he said that Givens was, by a significant margin, the best player he saw in the WPIAL during Givens' senior year. I was disappointed when we lost him to Pitt, and ecstatic when we flipped him. Glad to see he's starting to draw from his enormous physical potential.

Reactions: LionJim
I had talked to a coaching friend of mine and he said that Givens was, by a significant margin, the best player he saw in the WPIAL during Givens' senior year. I was disappointed when we lost him to Pitt, and ecstatic when we flipped him. Glad to see he's starting to draw from his enormous physical potential.
He is 270 now, strong, quick, and tough. When he gets to 280-285, he will be a great DT for us!

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT