ADVERTISEMENT

Erickson Note: McQueary "more vivid...ten years later"

There was a protective order preventing GJ witnesses from disclosing testimony that was put in place 4/14/2011. It's not clear from the Moulton report if this extended to GJ witness after that order. Among the witnesses on 4/14 that testified about 1998: Tom Harmon, a former director of Centre County CYS, Victim 6's mother, a former Centre County CYS worker, and a former PSU Police supervisor (probably Wayne Weaver, who signed off on Shreffler's police report).

However, that protective order was not in place earlier for GJ testimony on 3/10/2011 when the director of Centre County CYS testified (note, it doesn't say former, so likely not the director in 1998), Ron Schreffler (who investigated 1998), and a former Centre County ADA that testified about the decision not to prosecute in 1998.

Moulton report: http://filesource.abacast.com/commo...EPORT_to_AG_ON_THE_SANDUSKY_INVESTIGATION.pdf

As we approach 1250 posts in this pointed, linear discussion, it is clear that everyone here agrees that there was no cover-up at Penn State and that JoePa acted correctly, as he did all he was allowed to by law.

joe-paterno.jpg

Carry on.

JmmyW covered it better than I could. I'll add that I think the CYS director testifying in March was Carol Smith, the director in 2011. Terry Watson was the director in 1998...I think he was put under a protective order. I believe the CYS caseworker was John Miller. Wayne Weaver was the UPD supervisor. I've never seen a quote from any of these individuals. Interesting that Schreffler can speak but Weaver and Harmon can't. I think the order was only for the witnesses that day. Lauro from DPW testified later and has spoken pretty freely. I assume this order still stands...again I've never seen any of these individuals speak. I don't believe Freeh was allowed to interview them either.

Last edited:

Thanks Chi. It seems most participants weren't under this order...only the ones testifying on April 14. I thought it may have been because of the Ganim article but there was GJ testimony on April 11 and April 13 (with Spanier) and they were free to speak so it seems to me there's something very important about what those individuals know who testified on the 14th. Hopefully we'll find out one day.

He had no case at all... even against an average Joe. Ive been involved in CSA investigations and when the child is openly saying that nothing sexual ever happened or was even propositioned, you don't have squat. Against someone like Jerry Sandusky, you'd get laughed out of court by a jury.

That said, IMO, the issue isn't that he didn't have the evidence to move forward, it was that they never bothered to look very hard. I think you are right in that some of the detectives were trying to run an honest investigation, but were getting pressure from above and I'm not talking about Gricar.

There was ample evidence for CYS to "indicate" Sandusky for child abuse and for him to lose his ChildLine clearance. If that happened, there would not have been future abuse incidents.

I've laid out the case evidence, specifically citing Gricar's obsession with reviewing ALL case evidence before making a prosecution decision. The 1998 case was taken out of his hands when DPW decided there was no abuse.

The police report wasn't completed until June 3rd. DPW closed the case on June 1.

Freeh's and the Commonwealth's assertion that Gricar closed the case between 27 May and June 1 is balderdash. May 27th is the date that Centre County CYS, who was supposed to be OFF the case, stopped the police from interviewing Sandusky (without having DPW's Lauro present).

The folks I spoke with who were involved in the case said Lauro was a "snake" and "untrustworthy."

Like you, spud, I suspect a "ringer" was brought in from Harrisburg to make the case go away.

The folks I spoke with who were involved in the case said Lauro was a "snake" and "untrustworthy."

Ray, were you able to interview Wayne Weaver, John Miller or Terry Watson? They were the ones put under that protective order on April 14th, 2011. If you were able to interview them it would of course mean that order was no longer valid. I've never seen a media quote from any of these individuals.

Ray, were you able to interview Wayne Weaver, John Miller or Terry Watson? They were the ones put under that protective order on April 14th, 2011. If you were able to interview them it would of course mean that order was no longer valid. I've never seen a media quote from any of these individuals.
No, I believe they are under protective orders. None of the people I talked with were under orders.

Reactions: didier
My Gawd (or other deity in which Humanists believe)!!! There are dead horses that have been flogged less than this thread. Can we please let this thing die or, at a minimum, resurrect it under some other new thread?

My Gawd (or other deity in which Humanists believe)!!! There are dead horses that have been flogged less than this thread. Can we please let this thing die or, at a minimum, resurrect it under some other new thread?
I disagree. We're just getting warmed up here. Plenty of old ground left to trample. Hell, the who is v. 2 thing could get resuscitated and go on for another 20 pages. Were Dr. Dranov and John J. McQueary mandatory reporters? Hell no, but there has to be somebody out there who will take the side that they were. Let's argue about that again. Let's talk some more moral responsibility here. Was Schultz the Penn State Police force? Well. Was he? This isn't over yet!

I disagree. We're just getting warmed up here. Plenty of old ground left to trample. Hell, the who is v. 2 thing could get resuscitated and go on for another 20 pages. Were Dr. Dranov and John J. McQueary mandatory reporters? Hell no, but there has to be somebody out there who will take the side that they were. Let's argue about that again. Let's talk some more moral responsibility here. Was Schultz the Penn State Police force? Well. Was he? This isn't over yet!
I wonder if the number of views/replies is a record for not only this board, but for all of Rivals.

I have been fine with the discussion, as long as it is leading to a search for the truth.

This does not feel like it has anything to do with a search for the truth any longer.

This reminds me of what happened to the great glam rock and pop metal bands of the 80's: In the beginning there were so many very good ones, and it was new, and catchy...but as it went along, it became more and more watered down, then way too many off chutes and bands and bands and bands and then it was simply 4 chords, big production, with the same song, but done worse and worse. The exact same thing happened with the grunge rock that came after the pop metal.

This is watered down discussion now, it needs replaced. I don't hear anyone searching for truth, I did see a pretty hot looking babe though, and 7 threads about her on here last week, that was cool I suppose.

I shamelessly bumped this thread for no other reason than to give the CR66 thread some competition for 2nd place .
Judge's 2017 recruiting thread has a commanding 1st place lead unless and until someone generates something better.

I have dibs on a 2020 recruiting thread.:)

Reactions: simons96
I shamelessly bumped this thread for no other reason than to give the CR66 thread some competition for 2nd place .
Judge's 2017 recruiting thread has a commanding 1st place lead unless and until someone generates something better.

Not a bad idea, but comparatively speaking, this thread will wallow in the mire in comparison.

It's so refreshing - a man without shame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT