ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Barron:

Always liked the way Paul Harvey brought the facts into focus; unfortunately too few people caring about the facts...

I won't read BARRY. :eek: 's essay because I don't want to clean slobber off my keyboard. With that said, am I correct to infer that BARRY. :eek: 's point of view is that barren does not got this? If so, that's poppycock.

:eek:

Reactions: Sharkies
I won't read BARRY. :eek: 's essay because I don't want to clean slobber off my keyboard. With that said, am I correct to infer that BARRY. :eek: 's point of view is that barren does not got this? If so, that's poppycock.

812jxU4czzL._SX425_.jpg

Don't imagine that would go well with onion dip, but to each his own.

Reactions: MaconNitt
PSU needs to open the vault and pay mega bucks for a new prez. It is absolutely ridiculous to let the university ranking drop from 39 even AFTER the scandal to where it is now. They need to overpay to repair the reputation. It’s not good

PSU needs to open the vault and pay mega bucks for a new prez. It is absolutely ridiculous to let the university ranking drop from 39 even AFTER the scandal to where it is now. They need to overpay to repair the reputation. It’s not good
Could not agree more!

Reactions: Fizz1

1) PSU already pays Barron more than any other public university president (aside from, IIRC, the guy at TAMU or UT, who got some kind of huge bonus last year).
2) The fastest rising B10 university (Purdue) pays about 1/2 of what PSU pays (and a large part of that is incentive pay - which is only paid out if specific targets are achieved)
3) John Trasher - the guy who took over at FSU, post-Barron - and has led FSU from the dumps, to above PSU - was paid $563,000 past year (less than 1/2 of what Barron was paid)…. he did also receive a $200,000 performance bonus for specific achievements, but still well BELOW what PSU paid Barron.

So.... you might want to rethink you "cause-effect" hypothesis :)
I can't think of any worse move than to start paying the President more.

I read the article. I personally found Barry to be very complementary towards Frau Barron, much more so than I would have been. I think he's getting a bit soft in his critiques.

1) PSU already pays Barron more than any other public university president (aside from, IIRC, the guy at TAMU or UT, who got some kind of huge bonus last year).
2) The fastest rising B10 university (Purdue) pays about 1/2 of what PSU pays (and a large part of that is incentive pay - which is only paid out if specific targets are achieved)
3) John Trasher - the guy who took over at FSU, post-Barron - and has led FSU from the dumps, to above PSU - was paid $563,000 past year (less than 1/2 of what Barron was paid)…. he did also receive a $200,000 performance bonus for specific achievements, but still well BELOW what PSU paid Barron.

---------

Should hire Mitch Daniels' #2 ( Seriously doubt Mitch would leave Purdue or Indiana) Hope that #2 learned a few things from Mitch, who has done an incredible job. He evened lowered the tuition while improving the school.

BTW; Wish the women in his life would let him run for POTUS. He is one tremendous dude.

Reactions: stormingnorm
I have no problem whatsoever if the BOT chooses to name a building after Barron, as long as they spell it BARREN, since Barron personifies the BARREN meaning, "bleak and lifeless"..
They can put his name on every shithouse from Willard Building to the Forum to the Natatorium, for all I care......

But spending $80,000,000 (which will end up being $100,000,000) - that will be paid for by the kids, and their parents - to build a completely unnecessary building, that will serve no purpose but to stroke Barron's ego - THEN I got a problem :)

Yep... you nailed it.

That's why I want to see the Palmer Museum burned to the ground.
Hell, lets go raze the Philadelphia MofA
And shove that damn Warhol Museum into the Monongahela.

Wait? That is NOT what I said?
What? That is not what I want?

Oh.... I guess it was just NitWit being his typical ass-licking self.

Maybe I shoulda' been clearer for the intellectually disabled crowd:
"I am not in favor of taxing PSU students to the tune of $80,000,000 for an ego-stroker that adds nothing of value, or of service to mission."

Now..... is that the same thing as "art has no purpose"?

Yeah.... I didn't think so.

One would have to be pretty severely intellectually-handicapped to make that connection...…. let's see who indentifies themselves as such, by trying to make that connection again :)

Paging NitWit on 3....2....1....

Careful or NittyWitty will beat you over the head with his resume.

Not my problem- I don't send them any money, and all of my grandkids are/will go elsewhere

Mitch Daniels has been the Purdue head, and was Indiana governor and at one time Prez hopeful till wife said no.
I would love to have him take over this failed administration. But can’t imagine he would come and save this school from its lack of leadership.
He makes Barron look like a 4 day old doughnut.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Mitch Daniels has been the Purdue head, and was Indiana governor and at one time Prez hopeful till wife said no.
I would love to have him take over this failed administration. But can’t imagine he would come and save this school from its lack of leadership.
He makes Barron look like a 4 day old doughnut.

False. Donuts don't last 4 days around Frau Barron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT